Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 5 Predictions/Hopes

#1Dashyfan

Given this season's focus on Cutie Marks, "Bloom and Gloom," "Appaloosa's Most Wanted," and other CMC shenanigans, I'm honestly somewhat suspicious that the CMC's may earn their cutie marks in the finale.

But at the same time, Starlight Glimmer is still out and about, so they'll probably need to resolve her plot line, too, which may take the place of the CMC's chance to finally earn.

Afraid not y'see the CMC will ALWAYS be "Forever Blank Flanks" no matter who they really are.

Afraid not y'see the CMC will ALWAYS be "Forever Blank Flanks" no matter who they really are.

*citation needed

In other words, I'm not really convinced. Your statement needs some supporting argument :P

(edited)

My prediction on the season finale based on the leaked synopses of the episode: 

So my thought on how it will go down is we'll get a short little intro scene explaining that Twilight is going to give a lecture on friendship and cutie marks at some big meeting as is nervous, while Spike comforts her and Starlight Glimmer looks on scheming.  We then get the speech and the Starlight spotlight as Twilight comes home.  Twilight tries to reason with Starlight, but Starlight's having none of it and explains that she found the magic DeLoran/TARDIS McGuffin in the cave when she fled to after the Cutie Map and wants revenge on Twilight and will do so by  changing her history.  After she activates the device all three of them, Twilight, Starlight and Spike, fine themselves in the past before the Sonic Rainboom.  Starlight runs off and Twilight pursue, losing her.  Twilight realizes what Starlight's going to do and try to prevent her, but at the same time making sure not to alter the timeline (yet doing so in subtle ways) However, when Rainbow Dash's Sonic Rainboom comes up, Twilight fines that she can't stop Starlight and the Rainboom is not preformed. Now that the timeline has been altered, Twilight fines herself back in a new present, where she is no longer a alicorn, has a different cutie mark, she never meet any of the Mane 6 and Sunset Shimmer is a princess and Twilight's her assistant, ending part 1.

Part 2 opens with Twilight figuring out what's going on. Equestria is worse for wear in this universe but not a dystopia or terrible, just that things didn't go as smoothly as it did with Twilight and the Mane 6.  Sunset Shimmer, being more selfish than her EQG2 persona but more understanding than her EQG 1 self, tries to figure out what's going on with her assistant   Twilight explains the regular universe and how things are suppose to be, with Sunset scoffing her, until she sees a massive equalist army approaching, lead by Starlight, who also remembers the original universe. Sunset and her own Mane 6 try to battle them, but Starlight somehow possesses Twilight's original cutie mark and owns them. Twilight and Sunset are able to make their escape and realize that they need to get back the Mane 6 to try to defeat Starlight.  The two soon come across the remaining Mane 6, all in miserable positions in life and relatively friendless. Twilight tries to explain how they were all good friends and how things use to be, but the others are too cynical from their own experiences to believe her. Starlight then fines the Mane 6 and Sunset, wanting to erase them from her perfect utopia. Sunset battles her, giving the Mane 6 time to retreat to the Tree of Harmony and a chance to fix the universe, scarifying her existence in this universe, knowing what will happen to her in the universe proper.  Twilight tries in vain once more to get her friends to see how good of friends they can be, but has no proof.  However, someone claims that he has the proof Twilight was looking for.  An adult Spike enters, as since he had no body to go back to when the timeline was altered, he carried on as an anomaly inside the new universe.  He brings forth the backpack fill with all the stuff Twilight used in her presentation earlier, which contains something for everyone of the Mane 6.  These artifacts of their friendship remind them of what they were as Starlight appears. Spike does battle with her as Starlight wishes everyone would just get out of her way with Spike saying that so long as his friends are in trouble, he'll never give up.  This being the final push, the Mane 6 gain the "Cutie Mark Magic TM" and use the rainbow it creates to restore their cutie marks, reset the timeline and return things to normal.  The Mane 6 overlook a defeated Starlight, who finally break, asking why ponies just could accept her way of thinking, Twilight proclaiming friendship isn't about just blind obedience, that the friendship you make is equal to the friendship you take, that part of them is inside of you and you a part of them. Cue uplifting song and credits.

Edited by Sidral Mundet
  • Brohoof 1

These are my 100% accurrate predicitions

14 - Canterlot Boutique
Luscious Laces, a famous Canterlot designer, invites Rarity to work in her Boutique, but the workload becomes too much for her.

15 - Scare-Master
Luna has problems scaring young ponies on Nightmare Night.

16 - Rarity Investigates
A special jewel Rarity was going to use for a dress for Sapphire Shores goes missing.

17 - Made in Manehatten
The map sends Rarity to Manehatten to fix the broken ties between Coco Pommel and Suri Polomare.

18 - Brotherhooves Social
Fluttershy's brother, Brash Buck, comes to Fluttershy's birthday party, but her friends find she is totally embarrassed by him.
Leaker's Comment: Shining Armor appears in this episode. He, Twilight Sparkle, Applejack and Big Mac try to help Fluttershy and Brash Buck get along.
My Comment: The writers mentioned at SDCC that Fluttershy has a brother and that we would see him in an upcoming episode.

19 - Crusaders of the Lost Mark
The Cutie Mark Crusaders and Twilight Sparkle investigate when Twist's Cutie Mark goes missing.
Leaker's Comment: Starlight Glimmer appears in this episode, but not in the way you may think.

21 - Hearthbreakers
The map sends the Mane 6 to Canterlot when the pony in charge of the annual play isn't feeling the Hearths Warming Eve spirit.
Leaker's Comment: This episode includes a flashback sequence where we see the actual designs of the founding ponies.
My Comment: The writers mentioned at SDCC that the Apple family will be involved in this episode. They also previously mentioned that the Pie family would also appear in this episode.

22 - What About Discord?
After finding out Fluttershy has been having weekly friend tea parties without him, Discord tries to make friends with other ponies in Ponyville to show that it doesn't bother him.
Leaker's Comment: Ponies Discord tries to befriend in this episode: Mr. and Mrs. Cake, Derpy (very brief cameo), the Cutie Mark Crusaders, Rainbow Dash and Angel Bunny.

23 - The Hooffields and McColts
The Apples fight for their rights when Filthy Rich discovers he technically owns the land to Sweet Apple Acres and wants to build a superstore in it's place.
Leaker's Comment: Orchard Blossom appears in this episode as the missing link between Pinkie Pie and the Apples family.
My Comment: Orchard Blossom was mentioned by the writers at SDCC as a new character that will appear in an upcoming episode.

24 - The Mane Attraction
Sweetie Belle sets out to become the apprentice of singing sensation Harrowing Harmony.
Leaker's Comment: Harrowing Harmony is a bitch.
My Comment: The writers presented at SDCC an animatic of Harrowing Harmony's (Lena Hall) song:
Spoiler

25/26 - The Cutie Remark Part 1/2
This spoils a large part of the finale, reveals a couple of important character appearances, and may open a can of worms. I'll leave it under another drop-down for those who really want to read it:
Spoiler
Starlight Glimmer reveals she found a time traveling artifact in the mountains and changes history by stopping Rainbow Dash from performing the first Sonic Rainboom that lead the Mane 6 to getting their Cutie Marks.
Leaker's Comment: The last 5 minutes of Part 1, and most of Part 2, focus on an alternate present where Sunset Shimmer is an alicorn princess living in Canterlot with her own Mane 6. Twilight Sparkle, who never passed the entrance exam to Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns, and is Sunset Shimmer's assistant, still remembers the entire regular present.
My Comment: The writers answered the following question at SDCC:
Q: What would happen to each of the Mane 6 if the Sonic Rainboom didn't happen?
A: Wait for the finale!
And also presented the following animatic from Part 1:

• 2 weeks later...

In my point-of-view opinion, the CMC won't be getting their marks this season BUT it will happen only in the altered reality timeline in the 2-parter Season 5 finale...Literally.

(edited)

18: Equestria has their version of Eurovision Song Contest.

19: The CMC and Twilight must find a spell book in the old Everfree castle to get back Twist's cutie mark.

20: Cheese Sandwich, Pokey Pierce and Party Favor hosts a cider Oktoberfest party with Pinkie Pie. Many The Fourth Wall jokes.

21 A sleepover with Twilight telling Hearth's Warming Eve stories.

22 More Discord backstories based on What About Livingstone by ABBA.

23. More Apple family.

24 Leads up to the finale with the Mane Six having their Hearts and Hooves Day in Ponyville. Twilight thinks she sees Starlight Glimmer.

25 & 26 The CMC gets their cutie mark, and then they go with Babs Seed to the biggest cute cenera that Pinkie Pie has ever hosted. But Starlight Glimmer that has learned powerful spells on her journeys comes to Ponyville to have a final fight with Twilight.

Edited by Ulrik Raben

Let's all just hope Season 5 won't end with a Kingdom Hearts-style cliffhanger and being resolved in Season 6 or the 2017 movie! I mean, what if they end Season 5 in cliffhanger, then all of Season 6 (to be released 2017) revolves around a reformed Starlight getting the Mane 6 back together and leading them to get their cutie marks back? And instead of restoring the timeline by preventing Starlight from stopping the Sonic Rainboom, they have to defeat the villains in the present again by re-discovering the Elements of Harmony? Which would therefore erase Episodes 1-115 completely (including Discord's redemption, as well as the Humane 5 remaining divided in the human world), and create a new timeline (just like in Back To The Future Part III and X-Men: Days of Future Past).

What will happen to Discord's redemption? And what about Sunset Shimmer, Celestia, Luna or the CMC too?

Re-reading this thread after the season is halfway done is interesting.

And there hasn't been a Rarity and Rainbow Dash episode like I hoped there would be. :c

Season 5. Let me see (/more, more of) Gilda, Discord, Luna, Wonderbolts, Cheese Sandwich, tacos, Nightmare Rarity (make it happen, lol), etc. :please:

We got Gilda, Discord, and Luna. Pretty cool if you ask me. There were even quesadillas! Not tacos, but close enough! :D
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Re-reading this thread after the season is halfway done is interesting.

And there hasn't been a Rarity and Rainbow Dash episode like I hoped there would be. :c

We got Gilda, Discord, and Luna. Pretty cool if you ask me. There were even quesadillas! Not tacos, but close enough! :D

Well the upcoming rarity investigates episode looks to have it be about Rarity trying to prove dash innocent of a crime. so dash should have a pretty big part in that episode.

There's a possible spoiler in one card of the TCG regarding Babsy 

unnamed%2B%25284%2529.jpg

This is the test in case you have a bad eyesight or you're just too lazy to read smaller tests :P 

"Babs Seed is learning that earning a cutie mark isn't the end of the crusade, just the beginning of the next phase in a young pony's life"

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2015/08/possible-season-5-spoiler-in-mlp-ccg.html

• Brohoof 2

My theory/prediction for Season 5 is the CMC will get them in Starlight Glimmer's alternate time-line only in the Season 5 finale. But in the end, Twilight will reverse the time-line causing them go back as "Blank Flanks" after defeating Starlight Glimmer. 

Edited by MAIKUN

My theory/prediction for Season 5 is the CMC will get them in Starlight Glimmer's alternate time-line only in the Season 5 finale. But in the end, Twilight will reverse the time-line causing them go back as "Blank Flanks" after defeating Starlight Glimmer. 

Eh, I figure it will happen in the penultimate episode, the mane attraction. that one has a VERY heavy cutie mark focus, and I could see the CMC doing the same thing they did in appleloosa's most wanted, helping a pony realize the good in their cutie mark.

I could actually see the CMC coming to realize that their purpose in life is to help others, even as adults full time, figure out what to do with their cutie marks and acting kind of like guidance councelors.

Let's all just hope Season 5 won't end with a Kingdom Hearts-style cliffhanger and being resolved in Season 6 or the 2017 movie! I mean, what if they end Season 5 in cliffhanger, then all of Season 6 (to be released 2017) revolves around a reformed Starlight getting the Mane 6 back together and leading them to get their cutie marks back? And instead of restoring the timeline by preventing Starlight from stopping the Sonic Rainboom, they have to defeat the villains in the present again by re-discovering the Elements of Harmony? Which would therefore erase Episodes 1-115 completely (including Discord's redemption, as well as the Humane 5 remaining divided in the human world), and create a new timeline (just like in Back To The Future Part III and X-Men: Days of Future Past).

What will happen to Discord's redemption? And what about Sunset Shimmer, Celestia, Luna or the CMC too?

To be honest, I'd actually enjoy a cliffhanger finale. I'm kind of not that excited for the S5 finale, but if it turned out to be an incredibly long deal and journey, encompassing 4 episodes, it could be something really cool.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I realized something: There is a lot of fan speculation that Season 5 will include an attempt by Starlight Glimmer to alter reality. Wither through time travel or reality warping of some kind. "IF" this turns out to be true, then I think that the alternative\future versions of the CMC will have these Cutie Marks, but I don't think that the "regular" versions will ever get their cutie marks on the show. Once the episode is over, they will be blank flanks again. I know I am positively sure for this.

My guess is that Made In Manehattan will involve Suri and Coco somehow. I mean, we've already seen Gilda this season, and she was in a "called by the map" episode, too.

I really hope we don't see Suri, or at least see he get redeemed in any way. I think she's much more difficult to forgive than Gilda

Hoo boy. Diamond Tiara better NOT be redeemed/reformed in the upcoming Election-focused episode on the 10th of October!

There's an election episode?

<checks>

Oh yeah, Crusaders of the Lost Mark. I feel like that's the episode where the CMC finally earn their cutie marks.

A lot of ponies have been redeemed in recent episodes. Almost seems like a trend.

I hope to see the friendship four/equal four/cutie finders/whatever you wanna call them, in a future episode.

There's an election episode?

<checks>

Oh yeah, Crusaders of the Lost Mark. I feel like that's the episode where the CMC finally earn their cutie marks.

A lot of ponies have been redeemed in recent episodes. Almost seems like a trend.

I hope to see the friendship four/equal four/cutie finders/whatever you wanna call them, in a future episode.

Actually they don't get their marks in this one.

I had the craziest thought just now. We were all so certain that "Brotherhooves Social" would feature Fluttershy's brother, but it turns out to be a Big Mac episode. Not only that, but the plot probably wouldn't feature Fluttershy's brother in a prominent role.

But then I realized: one of the upcoming episodes is called "Scare Master"... And Fluttershy is known as the "Stare Master"... So what if Fluttershy's brother will feature in that? Not only that, but the previews suggest a Nightmare Night episode, and this year's Halloween is on a Saturday. So we'd not only be getting an episode with Fluttershy's brother, but on Halloween!

...Right after a Christmas episode. In October.

But still, how cool would that be?