Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 5 Predictions/Hopes

#1Dashyfan

I had the craziest thought just now. We were all so certain that "Brotherhooves Social" would feature Fluttershy's brother, but it turns out to be a Big Mac episode. Not only that, but the plot probably wouldn't feature Fluttershy's brother in a prominent role.

But then I realized: one of the upcoming episodes is called "Scare Master"... And Fluttershy is known as the "Stare Master"... So what if Fluttershy's brother will feature in that? Not only that, but the previews suggest a Nightmare Night episode, and this year's Halloween is on a Saturday. So we'd not only be getting an episode with Fluttershy's brother, but on Halloween!

...Right after a Christmas episode. In October.

But still, how cool would that be?

I must have missed something--Fluttershy has a BROTHER??

Did he show up in a preview or something?

Well seeing how this week's episode focused on Rarity and Rainbow Dash which is a pair we don't see too often, I would like to see some more unlikely pairs of the mane 6 this season.  

It would just be something nice to see for once.

Such as Twilight and Fluttershy or Rarity and Pinkie Pie and other pairs we don't see very often.

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 2

I must have missed something--Fluttershy has a BROTHER??

Did he show up in a preview or something?

His existence was mentioned by the creators at SDCC in July. There was also what I believe to be a huge hint for the plot of "The One Where Pinkie Pie Knows".

Well seeing how this week's episode focused on Rarity and Rainbow Dash which is a pair we don't see too often, I would like to see some more unlikely pairs of the mane 6 this season.  It would just be something nice to see for once.

Such as Twilight and Fluttershy or Rarity and Pinkie Pie and other pairs we don't see very often.

I'd like to think there will be a Twilight/Fluttershy map episode. Pinkie and Rainbow Dash had theirs, and Applejack and Rarity's will be next week.

Edited by immblueversion

I had the craziest thought just now. We were all so certain that "Brotherhooves Social" would feature Fluttershy's brother, but it turns out to be a Big Mac episode. Not only that, but the plot probably wouldn't feature Fluttershy's brother in a prominent role.

But then I realized: one of the upcoming episodes is called "Scare Master"... And Fluttershy is known as the "Stare Master"... So what if Fluttershy's brother will feature in that? Not only that, but the previews suggest a Nightmare Night episode, and this year's Halloween is on a Saturday. So we'd not only be getting an episode with Fluttershy's brother, but on Halloween!

...Right after a Christmas episode. In October.

But still, how cool would that be?

Well, it was an interesting idea while it lasted. Now I have no idea when Fluttershy's brother will show up.

• Brohoof 2

Well seeing how this week's episode focused on Rarity and Rainbow Dash which is a pair we don't see too often, I would like to see some more unlikely pairs of the mane 6 this season.  

It would just be something nice to see for once.

Actually, "A Bird in The Hoof" from Season 1 could be a Twilight and Fluttershy episode because Fluttershy wanted to help Celestia "sick" bird, and Twilight was worrying that Fluttershy might banished and throw in a dungeon in the place she'd be banished to.

However, you're right about the lack of a Pinkie Pie and Rarity episode. The closest I can think of where they've had ample interactions with each other in "Putting Your Hoof Down" from Season 2, but that's more a Fluttershy episode with PP and RTY being the straight mares to her.

You're right, though. There's still some pairings that still an episode focused on them! I seriously need to reboot my "List of episodes focusing on 2 characters" topic; Been over a year and a half since I first started it.  :blush:

BWT, I looked at the list of Season 5 episode on TV Tropes recap for it. The list is in production order, but has notes attached to each episode saying which order they'll be broadcast in. I quickly discovered that if nothing changes, the episodes would get released like this:

"Made in Manehattan" on Sept. 26th morning (Friendship Games airs in afternoon)
"Brotherhooves Social" on Oct. 3rd
"Crusaders of the Lost Mark" on Oct. 10th
"The One Where Pinkie Pie Knows" on Oct. 17th
"Hearthbreakers" on Oct. 24th (Ironic that a Christmas themed episode might air close to Halloween)
"Scare Master" on Oct. 31th (Perfectly falls on Halloween  ;) )

If this keeps up with no breaks, I predict that the rest of the Season 5 episodes will air like this:
"What About Discord?" on Nov. 7th
"The Hooffields and Mccolts" on Nov. 14th
"The Mane Attraction" on Nov. 21st
"The Cutie Remark - Part 1 and Part 2" on Nov. 28th

So, for now it looks like Season 5 might wrap up by the end of November. I could be wrong, but we shall see.

• Brohoof 1

With the Synopsis of the rest of Season 5 leaked because of a bug when viewing Netflix on an older Internet Explorer, a prediction of mine is extremely likely to be confirmed. Here's the link to the story on EQD: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2015/09/the-rest-of-my-little-pony-season-5.html 

and what I want to say contains spoilers so...

Twilight will end up going with Fluttershy following the map in an episode titled, "The Hoofields and McColts".

I had a feeling there's a reason the Map wasn't sending Twilight these last few summons and now I've realized what it is: The Map was sending the Mane 6 out in pairs!

You see, all Mane 6 were sent to Starlight Glimmer's village in the Premiere. After that, the map split up the Heroes into 3 groups of two.

1) Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie to the Lost Kingdom of Griffonstone (Lost Treasure of Griffonstone)

2) Applejack and Rarity to Manehatten (Made in Manehatten)

and so that leaves..

3) Twilight and Fluttershy to <Location Unknown> (The Hoofields and McColts)

Twilight will be so glad when she finally gets summoned!

Fluttershy's family. 

A Zecora Episode.

Other than that I really wish to see some more exploration of Equestria, maybe a world map, and some more cities being seen.

Edited by Side Bird

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Principal Cinch and the Shadow Five pop up in some form during the series. I'm putting my un-money on the S5 finale, where they all play some part in Twilight's alternate, possibly cutie mark-less life.

EDIT: I also think there's a good chance that Lena Hall's character will end up being G4's version of Starsong. For one, there's the obvious fact that Lena's character is a star and a singer. But aside from that, both of their cutie marks look pretty similar, except Lena Pony's mark has musical notes around a star while G3 Starsong's mark just has more stars.

Edited by immblueversion

Now I'm expecting that the end of the 5th season to have Time Travel and reset them back to Blank Flanks. Well actually, I would like to see that happen, don't you agreed?

• Brohoof 2

Now I'm expecting that the end of the 5th season to have Time Travel and reset them back to Blank Flanks. Well actually, I would like to see that happen, don't you agreed?

Well, if we take into account the stinger of Friendship Games, I think it's unlikely there will be any permanent changes to the timeline, or else Twilight probably would never be able to go to the human world to tell her best human friends about the strange adventure she had.

Let's think backwards:

• If Twilight could appear in Friendship Games, she would need to have the means of opening the portal whenever she wants.
  • If she could open the portal whenever she wants, she would need to be friends with Sunset Shimmer.
  • If she could be friends with Sunset Shimmer, Twilight would need to have blasted her with the Elements of Harmony.
  • If Sunset could be blasted with the Elements of Harmony, she would have needed to steal Twilight's crown.
  • If she could steal Twilight's crown, Twilight would need to be a princess.
  • If Twilight could be a princess, she'd need to have studied under Princess Celestia.
  • If Twilight could study under Princess Celestia, the Sonic Rainboom would need to happen.
  • If the Sonic Rainboom could happen, then Starlight's attempts to alter the past to prevent it from happening would need to fail or be undone.

Simply put, I'm pretty sure things will work out.

Edited by immblueversion
  • Brohoof 3

I have a crazy theory about the finale. Based on the vague synopsis and the picture Hasbro released in the beginning that had all the new s5 characters blacked out I don't think starlight glimmer goes back in time to stop the mane6 from becoming friends but inserts herself as a friend to manipulate them. I know it sounds crazy but I just have a feeling based on that's she is standing right beside the mane6 in the picture. Although it could just mean they reformed her but who knows yet. Here is the link to that picture btw.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2015/10/season-5-poster-filled-in-by-fan.html?m=1

Well, if we take into account the stinger of Friendship Games, I think it's unlikely there will be any permanent changes to the timeline, or else Twilight probably would never be able to go to the human world to tell her best human friends about the strange adventure she had.

Let's think backwards:

• If Twilight could appear in Friendship Games, she would need to have the means of opening the portal whenever she wants.
  • If she could open the portal whenever she wants, she would need to be friends with Sunset Shimmer.
  • If she could be friends with Sunset Shimmer, Twilight would need to have blasted her with the Elements of Harmony.
  • If Sunset could be blasted with the Elements of Harmony, she would have needed to steal Twilight's crown.
  • If she could steal Twilight's crown, Twilight would need to be a princess.
  • If Twilight could be a princess, she'd need to have studied under Princess Celestia.
  • If Twilight could study under Princess Celestia, the Sonic Rainboom would need to happen.
  • If the Sonic Rainboom could happen, then Starlight's attempts to alter the past to prevent it from happening would need to fail or be undone.

Simply put, I'm pretty sure things will work out.

If I could brohoof this post about two billion times, I would. 

See, I have one hope for this entire season, after learning about the finale: That the finale ends with everything being fixed. Twilight still being a princess of course (That is what I want most), the CMC's still having their cutie marks and everything being as it should. It was something that concerned me quite a bit but this post here presents something I did not consider after seeing the end of Friendship Games. I just want the season to end on a good note and after reading this and thinking about it, I am more at ease about it. Extreme kudos. The finale really had me worried and in the back of my mind it still does have me worried, but this makes it better. I am still not fond of the time travel thing but as long as it ends with everything being fixed, then I will have no complaints. 

I am weird, I worry sooooo much about things sometimes. XD  

• Brohoof 1

I REALLY REALLY want to see the CMC go on adventures and stuff with the mane six....have a little bit of pony and filly action where they like...I dunno....slay a demon from tarturus in an epic laser battle or something...

I always hoped that we would see Discord hang out with the other ponies like for example Rainbow Dash and Applejack instead of Fluttershy. It annoyed me a bit that at first Fluttershy was the only one who made an effort to befriend Discord. In the season 4 finale Twilight was the second one who got closer to him but the others still haven't done much, if anything at all.

I'm almost inclined to say the other Mane 6 (except Fluttershy) were at least partly responsible for Discord's betrayal because of their continued distrust and hostility towards him.

Edited by JH24

I always hoped that we would see Discord hang out with the other ponies like for example Rainbow Dash and Applejack instead of Fluttershy. It annoyed me a bit that at first Fluttershy was the only one who made an effort to befriend Discord. In the season 4 finale Twilight was the second one who got closer to him but the others still haven't done much, if anything at all.

I'm almost inclined to say the other Mane 6 (except Fluttershy) were at least partly responsible for Discord's betrayal because of their continued distrust and hostility towards him.

Apparently the plot surrounding "What About Discord" is about Twilight trying to figure out why her friends have suddenly become more fond of Discord

It seems quite clear in MNFBKD that the Mane Six (sans Fluttershy) are still wary of Discord because, while he's no longer "evil" per se, he still causes trouble wherever he goes and intrudes whenever he's not wanted. They're still on better terms than they were when they first met, but it'd take a lot for the Mane Six to ever consider him their "best bud"...which, from the look of the synopsis of "What About Discord?", is exactly what happens. It's a sudden switch from "Fine, I'll hang out with you, but I'm watching you..." :okiedokielokie: to "OMG LET'S BE BEST FRIENDS FOREVER!" :pinkie: It's not that Twilight is refusing to forgive Discord because she's being such a stick in the mud about the whole betrayal thing. It's because a switch like this doesn't just happen overnight. Wouldn't you suspect something afoot?

Edited by immblueversion

It seems quite clear in MNFBKD that the Mane Six (sans Fluttershy) are still wary of Discord because, while he's no longer "evil" per se, he still causes trouble wherever he goes and intrudes whenever he's not wanted. They're still on better terms than they were when they first met, but it'd take a lot for the Mane Six to ever consider him their "best bud"...which, from the look of the synopsis of "What About Discord?", is exactly what happens. It's a sudden switch from "Fine, I'll hang out with you, but I'm watching you..." :okiedokielokie: to "OMG LET'S BE BEST FRIENDS FOREVER!" :pinkie: It's not that Twilight is refusing to forgive Discord because she's being such a stick in the mud about the whole betrayal thing. It's because a switch like this doesn't just happen overnight. Wouldn't you suspect something afoot?

Yeah, even if discord is a "Friend" he's still that flaky friend who'll pants you when your back's turned.

Trusting Discord 100% is a ticket to BAD STUFF happening; I mean I think we've all had that friend who you have to tell to cut out the crap from time to time, yeah?

Apparently the plot surrounding "What About Discord" is about Twilight trying to figure out why her friends have suddenly become more fond of Discord

Still wondering if Discord will have used mind control of some type on the mane six.

Yeah, even if discord is a "Friend" he's still that flaky friend who'll pants you when your back's turned.

Trusting Discord 100% is a ticket to BAD STUFF happening; I mean I think we've all had that friend who you have to tell to cut out the crap from time to time, yeah?

Still wondering if Discord will have used mind control of some type on the mane six.

Long shot, but since some of the staff said some old foes might be coming back, maybe Chrysalis and the changelings have actually replaced everybody to set up a trap for Twilight and are being nice to Discord because they don't understand the animosity the Mane 6 have towards Discord and Discords going along with all this because a small part of him want the rest of the Mane 6 to like him and he's enjoying having them as friends even if a part of him is nagging him about things being off. 

• Brohoof 1

Long shot, but since some of the staff said some old foes might be coming back, maybe Chrysalis and the changelings have actually replaced everybody to set up a trap for Twilight and are being nice to Discord because they don't understand the animosity the Mane 6 have towards Discord and Discords going along with all this because a small part of him want the rest of the Mane 6 to like him and he's enjoying having them as friends even if a part of him is nagging him about things being off. 

While that'd actually be pretty sweet as an episode (It'd be nice to see discord trolling the villains), I think the bit about seeing old villains will be from the Finale's time travel shenanigans with use seeing an equestria where the mane six never stopped the various antagonists and villains.

• Brohoof 1

I swear if the Season 5 finale ending retcons the CMC as Blank Flanks, I will be 100% happy for sure! I still loved the CMC as Blank Flanks. And I'm a little bit positively sure if the finale ends with an Cliffhanger, it might will be like The Flash or Kingdom Hearts in here!

I swear if the Season 5 finale ending retcons the CMC as Blank Flanks, I will be 100% happy for sure! I still loved the CMC as Blank Flanks. And I'm a little bit positively sure if the finale ends with an Cliffhanger, it might will be like The Flash or Kingdom Hearts in here!

Then prepare to be extremely not happy, because there's no sense in retconning one thing without retconning everything else.