Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 5 Predictions/Hopes

#1Dashyfan

I know, I know, it's too early too be making this kind of topic when we just finished Season 4 2 days ago.

Not at all :3 In fact, we've got a pinned topic for it already in existence. I've merged your thread with it :)

I will be posting a video on YouTube going into vivid detail of what I wish to see in season 5.  Here is the gist of it in an elegantly bulleted list:

• A reoccurring villain that will plot to gain ultimate power, while the mane six try to foil him/her at every turn.
  • A training arc for the mane six.
  • Princess Twilight Sparkle getting students.
  • Rainbow Dash becoming a full fledged member of the Wonderbolts.
  • Rarity and Coco Pommel becoming partners.
  • Pinkie Pie reaching the limit of the number of friends she can have.
  • Another Applejack episode written by Josh Haber.
  • Expansion of Fluttershy's character.
  • An episode about Celestia and/or Luna.
  • The CMC getting their cutie marks.
  • More dragons.
  • Princess Cadence pregnancy.
  • A permanent love interest for one of the characters.
  • Building on more secondary background characters.  Especially Vinyl Scratch, Thunderlane, Seabreeze, and Zecora.

Now, I won't complain if season 5 doesn't do all of this.  In fact, that might not even be possible.  However, I want to see a lot of this happening.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I too am praying that the CMC get their cutie marks in S5, the blank flank trend with them has gone on for far too long. I also wish for Silver Spoon to have her ways changed, even though I believe that's never gonna happen.

Would love to see Vinyl Scratch get a voice too.

Edited by StevieBond

Queen Chysalis comes back with King Somber and try to take over equestria
Okay.... though Sombra is most possibly dead. 

neo nazi style
*punches you* NO! NO! NO! NO! Sorry but i am too far pissed with Neo Nazi political parties in Greece doing all the bs they do to actually have this heard or aired. 
  • Brohoof 1

Maybe Applebloom will get a visit from Luna in a future episode like Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle. Which makes me wonder. If Luna does visit Applebloom, it met tie in with the CMC getting their Cutie Marks. Ah who knows.

Scootaloo flies higher than her own standing height at one point.

Sweetie Belle picks up something without much effort using magic.

A reference to at least one of the following: Fairy Odd Parents, Powerpuff Girls, Avatar The Last Airbender

Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake are seen walking, rather than toddling.

A character has a cape and waves it dramatically.

Spike sets something on fire by mistake.

Rainbow Dash is the last to become friends with Discord.

A tireswing is used at some point.

Princess Celestia leaves Equestria for some reason for an undisclosed amount of time.

A character touches a shooting star.

Batman crossover.

(edited)

Also, although this is kind of impossible, I wanted to see episodes that are focused on other than the Mane 6 and their families and CMC. Meaning I wanted to see Ponyville's citizen learning friendship. Maybe they can consult their problems to the Sages of Friendship (that's what I call)

More!

-Sunset Shimmer visiting Equestria would be nice.

-MLP x EqG  :wub:

Edited by TheShyPony
  • Brohoof 2

Oh man, this is going to sound very Fluttercord, but I couldn't help it after seeing the Season 4 finale! For season 5, I really hope that they revisit the Hearts and Hooves day concept and give a possible focus to developing relationship between Fluttershy and Discord. (bear with me on this one). 

I mean its heart and hooves, so if you're a pony, you're expected to find another hoof (another pony). It would be a great message too =that just because someone is different from the norm, shouldn't stop you from caring for them (love is in all shapes and sizes you know)

Anyway, I'll get out of my clouds soon. :D

• Brohoof 1

Scootaloo flies higher than her own standing height at one point.

She almost did that in Equestria Games. :(

Scootaloo_hovering_S4E24.png

It would be great to see that. :)

I have quite a few wishes for S5.

1) Pairings in the Mane 6 

- Rainbow Dash/Rarity: I know it has been said before, but, yeah: those two really don't have much screen time together

- Pinkie Pie/Rarity: Weirdly enough, neither do these two...Rarity seems to have the fewest connections with the rest of the Mane cast

- Pinkie Pie/Fluttershy: They have some, but an episode about the two of them would still be fun

- Applejack/Fluttershy: Bats! was awesome. Lets have some more conflict between these two!

2) Return of previously-seen characters

- Babs Seed

- Gilda

- Maud Pie

- Chrysillis/Sombra/Sunset Shimmer

- Scorpan (I know he wasn't actually SEEN per se, but he's been hinted at.)

- Twist (what the hell ever happened to her? She was Apple Bloom's BFF before meeting the other CMC! Maybe we could have an episode that addresses this?)

3) Characters from previous gens

- Smooze

-Sea ponies 

-Minty or Toola Roola (main characters from Gen 3)

• Brohoof 1

10. The last sentence on the last episode of the last season will be from Twilight, saying "Friendship is true magic."

Ouch, that would actually be painful (not in a bad way).

I don't really have any ideas on what would happen, but I can take a few guesses.

- CMC get their cutie marks (at least 1 of them)

- The rest of the main 6 become princesses (Although this would not go down too well with me, nor would it make a lot of sense)*
- Possibly the final season of MLP:FIM, as it would at least end on a good note (Well, we can only hope it will be good)

- New villain in the first and last episode(s)

- Rainbow Dash gets in to the Wonderbolts team

* I don't think the main 6 all becoming princesses would work, for a couple of reasons

1) Turning earth ponies & Pegasi into Alicorns would make little sense, and strip them of their natural appearance

2) There is already 4 princesses, adding another 5 would be a HUGE jump and make no sense.

I don't think many of my predictions will be true (but it would be cool), but we'll have to wait and see :)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

This series is milking money more than anyone had ever expected. I don't think season 5 will be the last. Though after a possible season 6, I'll get uneasy...as a longtime television watcher, six seasons is the maximum number of seasons a typical show can stay fresh. Anyways...

We need more Rarity. She had three character-centric episodes this season, which is good, but I still think she's often pushed to the back in other episodes and within the fandom. Then again, that's just my opinion.

As for predictions, Discord will make a return, obviously. I think we can expect him to be a main recurring character from now onwards. I have a mighty need for at least one Fluttercord-centric episode. I seriously do not care what they do or what the plot is, it can all be fluff, it can lack even the slightest ounce of a lesson, I just need to see them interacting more. ESPECIALLY now that Discord is completely reformed. Their dynamic is so, so important, as a recurring relationship outside of the Mane Six's. It would be awesome if the writers explored Fluttershy and Discord's friendship and how it effects the Mane Six as a whole, and how the seven together interact. Would be fun. And adorable.

The CMC have been especially good as of late, and their character change is wonderful. More of that. Let's go deeper, uncover new facets of their relationships.

THE ROYAL SISTERS. How awesome would it be for Luna and Celestia to have an episode of their own? Their relationship is clearly so important, yet we only ever get hints and background, and don't really see it explored in the present (granted, if they appear together onscreen for extended periods of time, Equestria is likely in danger, but still.) The season premieres gave us a bit of insight, but not a whole lot.

Basically, the key word is "relationships". FiM is about relationships, and as characters develop, so do their interactions with others. It's time to go deeper and really explore how their dynamics have changed. That's what I want.

Edited by Discovery Dream
  • Brohoof 2

I want to see the Mane Six spreading the Magic of Friendship throughout the land.

I want to know about the time Discord ruled Equestria.

I want to see Luna and Celestia being sisters. Maybe an episode with all of the Princesses doing stuff.

I want to know more about Star Swirl.

I want to see other countries and how they relate to Equestria.

• Brohoof 1

I want to see Luna and Celestia being sisters. Maybe an episode with all of the Princesses doing stuff.

I want to know more about Star Swirl.

You should check out the comics sometime.

I hope there will be more fluttercord... their relationship has grown so much over the last season :squee:

Oh man, this is going to sound very Fluttercord, but I couldn't help it after seeing the Season 4 finale! For season 5, I really hope that they revisit the Hearts and Hooves day concept and give a possible focus to developing relationship between Fluttershy and Discord. (bear with me on this one). 

I mean its heart and hooves, so if you're a pony, you're expected to find another hoof (another pony). It would be a great message too =that just because someone is different from the norm, shouldn't stop you from caring for them (love is in all shapes and sizes you know)

Anyway, I'll get out of my clouds soon.

That would be the best. Episode. Ever. broohoof and hugs

• Brohoof 1

*brohoof*

I hope there will be more fluttercord... their relationship has grown so much over the last season :squee:

I know right!! *Brohoof* We even got to see Discord as a unicorn, so it would totally work as a Hearts and Hooves episode perfectly. he could decide to try to get involved but instead of being himself, he takes on the unicorn persona and try to win over Fluttershy with it without her knowing it was him, but she would ultimately prefer the chaotic Discord, even if he wasn't a pony. 

• Brohoof 1