Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 5 Predictions/Hopes

#1Dashyfan

• An episode about Celestia and Luna's childhood, or in this case fillyhood.

• Trixie making a return.

Exploring the other cities and areas of Equestria.

A Rainbow Dash and Rarity episode together.

• Brohoof 6

*Spoilers ahead about finale, but duh it's about season 5*

I think the main question that I would like answered in season 5 is the nature of the Rainbow Power, they transformed and beat Tirek, the box made the castle and they transformed back. Is the Rainbow Power a one-time thing, or is it something they can just do now because unlike the Elements there isn't any physical representation of the power items.

• Brohoof 1

I am really curious to see what season 5 is going to be about. It was pretty clear that season 4 was going to focus on Twilight Sparkle becoming a princess and the resulting challenges, but I honestly have no idea what season 5 is going to be. I'm really excited for it. I love season 4, and it's great to already know that we have another full season to look forward to.

There are several things I'm hoping to see at some point in season 5, including but not limited to the following:

• More information about rainbow power and its nature
  • More Crystal Empire episodes
  • More Luna episodes
  • Something involving Chrysalis 
  • More episodes about Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo 
  • Episodes that go into more detail about what lays beyond Equestria
  • More Discord episodes 
  • More episodes expanding on Twilight's developing role as princess 
  • More episodes looking at the history of Equestria and where it all came from
  • More backstory about Tirek, his brother, and where they came from
  • Brohoof 2

The CMC getting their cutie marks

The mane 6 exploring areas outside Equestria

The final growth of the mane 6 as people/characters so we can retire them before they grow stale (RD being a full wonderbolt, Rarity opening shop in manehatten.)

Starswirl having a actual appearance on the show.

(edited)

, great idea for a thread :). Somebody couldn't wait to make it until the season was over though, and since both topics are for members to share what they think/hope will happen next season, I've merged yours with the older one and pinned it. Just letting you know, and I hope you understand :).

A few things I'd really like to see in Season 5 in no particular order are:

Merriwether Williams writing one of the two-parters, because she's a talented writer and I'm curious what she'd end up doing.

Lightning Dust to return somehow, because she's just too interesting as a villain and a contrast to Dash to only show up once.

The eternal hope: Rarity/Dash friendshipping episode. It'd be hilarious, they have a lot to teach one another, and it's just silly that these two haven't bonded more onscreen.

And the writers keeping up the good string of Rarity, Applejack and Pinkie Pie episodes that they started in Season 4. Having some more slice of life Twilight episodes would be sweet too. Better Dash and Flutters episodes please though.

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 3

More episodes featuring Luna

An explanation about the rainbow power and the Rainbow castle

The return of Chrysalis and Trixie

more Spike episodes!

Backstory on Luna and Celestia including their childhood and their parents

a episode featuring Starswirl the Bearded

More new characters

more new locations

more new villains

more new songs

(edited)

- More songs with Applejack, Cadence or Luna ( but honest, Luna singing voice is the same as Rarity`s)

- More Lessons

- More Songs!

- Season 5 turning into Fallout Equestria

- More Waifu stealer.  img-2620310-1-trollestia.png

- Rarity and Spike get married, or spike turn into a Pony.

- Discord sacrifice himself for Fluttershy

- One episode that Celestia is not useless.

Edited by Burny

My personal hopes:

• Appearances by Celestia in mid season, not just the beginning and end this time.
  • A Celestia / Luna heavy episode, either focussing on their past or their sibling relationship now.
  • More explanation of rainbow power.
  • More Tirek back story.
  • Cutie marks for the CMCs.
  • Some hilarious moments around that council table in Twilight's new castle.
  • More episodes focusing on Twilight and her development than in season 4.
  • More funny sweet random Pinkie and less creepy cruel airheaded Pinkie.
  • Nothing as bad as Trade Ya ever again!
  • Another season-long plot arc.
  • The return of Maud Pie.

My only prediction is that Scorpan will appear in S5 at some point. We were given so much backstory to him that felt a bit unnecessary since he didn't appear, it'd make sense if he made an appearance some point in the future.

Other vague hopes are a new villain (I love MLP villains) and that they explore somewhere outside Equestria, maybe Tirek and Scorpan's homeland or Saddle Arabia. I'd also like the Pony of Shadows to be explored a bit more because I've been dying to explore more on it!

These aren't predictions as such, just hopes. :P

Well, season four is gone with the wind! So that means its time to get my hopes up!  :yay:

1: The Mane 6 have to travel to Zecora's homeland.

2: Harold Hill MLP spinoff. (I love the original 'The Music Man'!)

3: New pony species.

4: A batpony main character!

5: We meet more of the Mane 6's parents.

6: Golden Harvest has an episode.

7: The story of why Princess Luna & Celestia aren't queens or why their parents are never around.

8: Pinkie Pie has to calm down and still be positive, just not hyperactive.

9: Discord accidentally has a power leak and we see ponies around the globe.

10: The season finale will have Sombra be reborn and taken in as a little colt, and I hope on tho hope they will make a movie but not with Equestria girls but just about Sombra and The Mane 6 but how Sombra was reborn and why he became evil. (Also he's a unicorn, I wasn't happy that Ink Rose's fanfic said he was a Crystal Pony.)

Thats about it! Well, what do you all think is gonna happen? Do you think a villain will return? Do you think some pony is coming? Just post your ideas!

• Brohoof 4

Hmm I don't think a batpony main character is a good idea. I mean, where would he/she fit in? A batpony character would be nice. But maybe not as a main character. :) I think travelling to Zecora's homeland will be a good idea! Also to Saddle Arabia :) For the Sombra one... Nah. Maybe a little more history on him but not him being reborn as a colt. Maybe he could be reformed like Discord. I agree with Pinkie calming down a bit but then again ,she can't since she's party pony! I also agree on having a story on Luna and Celestia! Can't wait for season 5!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

All I want is new places and new characters. That's the best way to keep a show interesting and entertaining. :)

Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 1

7: The story of why Princess Luna & Celestia aren't queens or why their parents are never around.

Because Hasbro thought Queen was too "evil". I sort of hope they never try to explain it in-canon, unless it's a really, really good explanation.

They may properly bring Scorpan into Season 5 rather than just a mention. Surprised he didn't show up in the finale to help, unless Hasbro has bigger plans for him.

these are all excellent ideas. here is my two cents...

how about Twily creating more magic, she is well enough equipped for it, right? Id really like to see it, otherwise the plan they have is perfect imo.

• Brohoof 2

*snip*

Those are some really cool ideas! It turns out your topic already exists in another thread, however, so I've merged yours with that one. Hope you find the other responses helpful! :)

• Brohoof 1

I don't know if I'm alone in this, but I'm honestly hoping we get a more low-key/slice of life premire and finale this season as opposed to the grand epic battles with the big baddies we're more used to seeing

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

My hopes:

• Somepony (or someponies) will attempt to uproot the Tree of Harmony for fear of it or the Rainbow Power being too OP for Equestrians to rest easy.
  • Luna being given the refurbished Castle of the Two Sisters as a birthday present on the premise that she's very fond of the Everfree Forest and that she's now the only princess without a castle of her own.
  • The existence of a Tree of Disharmony that mirrors the Tree of Harmony.
  • The reveal of characters that will become agents of the Tree of Disharmony throughout Season 5 (provided that a Tree of Disharmony does exist).
  • A debut by Scorpan at the beginning of Season 5 (probably because he sensed Tirek's presence).
  • The Mane 6 being able to use their Rainbow Power individually (albeit not at full power) to enhance their own abilities or the Rainbow Power being revealed to grant a stronger life force to its holders.
Edited by InkyJay

I'd like to see the Tree of Harmony healed and the ponies get the Elements of Harmony back.

I'd like to see the Rainbow of Light Rainbow Power used even less frequently than the Elements were, because it was silly and unnecessary and obviously marketing-driven.

I'd actually like to see Sunset Shimmer in pony form appear on the show.

• Brohoof 1

In my opinion, I have no idea what to think. Season 5 is far off, and we might get clues as this season progresses. However, I do not think it'll be the last season. There should be at least 6 seasons.

Wasn't there an interview with the writers saying they wanted extend the franchise another 5 years or something?
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Wasn't there an interview with the writers saying they wanted extend the franchise another 5 years or something?

Yes, there will be at least 9 seasons logically.

But it depends on what do they mean by "the franchise": My Little Pony or MLP:FiM?

Edited by Blobulle