Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 5 Predictions/Hopes

#1Dashyfan

I hope the CMC get their cutie marks, I hope for more Luna episodes, and episodes featuring just Luna and Celestia alone, I also hope for more fantastic songs, seeing all of Equestria or realms beyond, the return of Trixie, the return of Chrysalis, more mane 6 being goofy, Spike episodes, and seeing Cadance and Shining Armor interacting more.

I try to avoid having and predictions as they tend to set expectations that aren't always met, but if I have any hopes, it is these:

1. Some attention on Celestia and/or Luna

2. Some more Trixie

3. Expanding on any lore or history

4. The return of some villains like Chrysalis and especially Sombra

I want the changlings to return :P

Maybe Cadance finds a changling foal and takes it in, cause shes the Alicorn of love, and Shining Armor freaks out and calls Celestia and/or Luna to the Crystal Empire..

OR

Luna gets a boyfriend (not Discord), and Celestia is the jealous one xD

I don't have much in the way of predictions for the next season. I heard some people ask about the CMC getting cutie marks and I will tell you one thing:

The season will come toward an end if they get their cutie marks.

We do not want them to get their cutie marks obviously. For, if we do, that means we have one story completed and no more episodes for them. Which means that the Mane 6 story line will be going by faster.

In other words, Cutie Mark Crusaders, please don't get your Cutie Marks yet.

I try to avoid having and predictions as they tend to set expectations that aren't always met, but if I have any hopes, it is these:

1. Some attention on Celestia and/or Luna

2. Some more Trixie

3. Expanding on any lore or history

4. The return of some villains like Chrysalis and especially Sombra

If you haven't already, you need to check out the comics.  All four of those things happen.  Well, the second one hasn't yet, but next month...

• Brohoof 1

If you haven't already, you need to check out the comics.  All four of those things happen.  Well, the second one hasn't yet, but next month...

Actually, thanks to an upgrade I did today, I should be able to purchase the comics from iTunes and view them on my mac here. I've been wanting to read those things for a while now, so it is awesome to be able to do that now.

(edited)

Actually, thanks to an upgrade I did today, I should be able to purchase the comics from iTunes and view them on my mac here. I've been wanting to read those things for a while now, so it is awesome to be able to do that now.

Well, I'll tell you this much, the comics are...

LIKE-A-BOSS-rainbow-dash-club-34922838-1

Except for the first two issues of the micro-series.  Those are awful.  The first issue of Friends Forever isn't very good either.

Edited by Forlong

I want Angel to at least partially redeem himself for his past jerk@$$ery.

I want someone to set him on fire. That is my true season 5 wish.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I'll tell you this much, the comics are...

Except for the first two issues of the micro-series.  Those are awful.  The first issue of Friends Forever isn't very good either.

Well, let's just say that I just marathoner through the entire main series. Thankfully, upgrading to OSX Mavericks grants me the use of iBooks, so therefore I can download comics.

I honestly enjoyed those FAR more than I anticipated. I haven't got to the Micro or Friends Forever series yet, but right now, I'm content.

So AWESOME indeed. Now I can't wait for the next issue!

• Brohoof 2

I wonder if there would be an episode where they meet the original My Little Pony characters incl sea ponies, trolls, dwarfs, gnomes, fairies, goblins

say no to drinking "fire water" (alcohol) and eating/smoke or 2nd hand smoke or inhale "magic mushroom" (drugs)

I think the Flim Flam brothers already covered it

joining a cult/dark magic by being drawn in or attracted to it

I think Rarity and Spike already covered it

what if all the poines loses all their cutie marks or have it only on their left side, but the Cutie Mark Crusaders were completely immune.

what if the Cutie Mark crusaders decided to do other interest and end up with a completely different cutie marks

Scootaloo does not want to fly like Rainbow Dash even though she has wings

Apple Bloom does not want to do apples on the apple farm

Sweetie Belle does not want to make and sell clothes even though she has a unicorn horn

they meet their counterparts the Equestria Girls incl little sisters

clones/dopperganger

I think Pinkie Pie covered it already

meeting the opposite ponies of themselves due to a rip in the fabric of dark energy or dark matter/dark magic

Since Princess Twilight Sparkle is a princess, she has one final exam to pass that is learn about tolerance

all US cartoons had human girls others had an older sister who is bossy and a younger brother in tow

what if a younger boy say ages 8-11 had interest in girl stuff like loves watching My Little Pony Friendship is Magic on TV, plays with a pony doll and carries a Rainbow Dash backpack and suddenly drops in Ponyville

I wonder if there would be an episode where they meet the original My Little Pony characters incl sea ponies, trolls, dwarfs, gnomes, fairies, goblins

say no to drinking "fire water" (alcohol) and eating/smoke or 2nd hand smoke or inhale "magic mushroom" (drugs)

I think the Flim Flam brothers already covered it

joining a cult/dark magic by being drawn in or attracted to it

I think Rarity and Spike already covered it

what if all the poines loses all their cutie marks or have it only on their left side, but the Cutie Mark Crusaders were completely immune.

what if the Cutie Mark crusaders decided to do other interest and end up with a completely different cutie marks

Scootaloo does not want to fly like Rainbow Dash even though she has wings

Apple Bloom does not want to do apples on the apple farm

Sweetie Belle does not want to make and sell clothes even though she has a unicorn horn

they meet their counterparts the Equestria Girls incl little sisters

clones/dopperganger

I think Pinkie Pie covered it already

meeting the opposite ponies of themselves due to a rip in the fabric of dark energy or dark matter/dark magic

Since Princess Twilight Sparkle is a princess, she has one final exam to pass that is learn about tolerance

all US cartoons had human girls others had an older sister who is bossy and a younger brother in tow

what if a younger boy say ages 8-11 had interest in girl stuff like loves watching My Little Pony Friendship is Magic on TV, plays with a pony doll and carries a Rainbow Dash backpack and suddenly drops in Ponyville

two cases in point:

1.) nine-year-old Grayson Bruce and his mother that the boy needed to leave his My Little Pony paraphernalia at home

He has a My Little Pony backpack and at least two My Little Pony action figures. One appears to be Fluttershy, who represents the element of kindness. The other is definitely Rainbow Dash, who keeps the skies blue and generally maintains the weather in Ponyville.

The boy also apparently has a My Little Pony lunchbox.

2.)

Michael Morones, an eleven-year-old boy who is currently in the hospital after his attempted suicide. It would seem that the attempt came after alleged bullying by his classmates over being a Brony, a fan of the show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Michael was stopped in an attempt to hang himself by his parents and rushed to the hospital. He is not currently conscious and has suffered brain damage from the event.

Michael Morones’ favorite pony is Pinkie Pie (he has ADHD and his parents say he relates to her exuberant energy).

two cases in point:

1.) nine-year-old Grayson Bruce and his mother that the boy needed to leave his My Little Pony paraphernalia at home

He has a My Little Pony backpack and at least two My Little Pony action figures. One appears to be Fluttershy, who represents the element of kindness. The other is definitely Rainbow Dash, who keeps the skies blue and generally maintains the weather in Ponyville.

The boy also apparently has a My Little Pony lunchbox.

2.)

Michael Morones, an eleven-year-old boy who is currently in the hospital after his attempted suicide. It would seem that the attempt came after alleged bullying by his classmates over being a Brony, a fan of the show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Michael was stopped in an attempt to hang himself by his parents and rushed to the hospital. He is not currently conscious and has suffered brain damage from the event.

Michael Morones’ favorite pony is Pinkie Pie (he has ADHD and his parents say he relates to her exuberant energy).

I wonder what other pony girls would do and how they react incl Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Princess Cadence?

Also I wonder what the Equestria Girls would do and how they would react?

If a boy does somehow appear in Ponyville, how would they react/respond if the boy wants to dress up as a cute princess and have a tea party and try some magic makeup and wants join a slumber party and wants to be magical girl like Twilight(a few things would be left out - what does the boy wear underneath, where can he change, and bathroom/bath/bedroom)

I might have pushed it to the limit.

What if a boy regress in Ponyville like suck his thumb, wets the bed and wets himself, cries - somepony accidentally cast a spell like Fluttershy but there is no countermagic spell/potion (wears off over time)

a boy suddenly does bad things in Ponyville like push/shove a pony in the mud, break things, yell/scream at cute animals - somepony cast a spell/dark magic. Would the boy be put in the VOID forever by Princess Celestia?

Since Derpy was in season 4 I really hope and think she will be in season five and has more speaking roles. I also think all the mane six should be princesses because: 1 Twilight wouldn't be a princess without her friends, 2 Twilight will stay young and the rest of the mane six will grow old :(  Those are pretty much my expectations. But, one more, I wish Hasbro would let bronies send in pictures of themselves as mlp's and Hasbro would put the first twenty (or something) on the show as a background pony for the whole season, but one episode is fine, too. 

Now that I've watched season four, I can make predictions and hopes for five.

-Maud make another appearance, and knock Rainbow Dash down another hundred levels.

-Cheese Sandwhich is missing, and will never return...ever...

-Not copying season 3's 'song in every episode' crap.

-Flash Sentry never shows up again, keep his stupid ass in EQG.

-Sombra returning

-Discord proving he's not a dillhole, and can be trusted fully.

-Celestia does SOMETHING usefull...

-Less Rainbow Dash oriented episodes, and more AJ...and stop making AJ look bad when she gets an episode.

-Chrysalis making a come back

-Twilight doing somewhat less, being super busy with stuff.

-CMC get their damn cutie marks.

-Trixie comes back, and does something to show she's changed, and becomes friends with Twilight...

...then murders Flash Sentry, and Twilight realizes Trixie is awesome, and they hook up!..

...don't judge me!

• Brohoof 3

Both Season 3 and 4 brought some big changes to the show, so now my expectations have only grown and I hope to see even more big changes for season 5.

The last couple of seasons have been developing specifically Twilight, so now I would like to see some big changes amongst the other main characters:

. For one, I'd like to see Rainbow Dash finally get into the Wonderbolts or at least get an alternative occupation of  similar authority.

. I'd like to see Apple Jack explore more aspects of her past and other family roots, and maybe let Apple Bloom develop more on her own independently.

. It would be nice to see Rarity start an official chain brand or some form of partnership or line in Canterlot so that her fame will actually become widely known throughout Equestria. It would be interesting to see how she would take such sudden worldwide fame, and how willing she would still be to maintain her generosity, or whether she would actually ever get bored of high-class life.

. Pinkie Pie has had some great episodes that show her ability to be mature, so honestly, just more of that please. I guess an insight into how the pound cakes are doing would be nice too.

. Fluttershy....hmmm.....that's a tricky one. They had some great ideas for her in Season 4, so anything else of that ilk would be welcome I suppose. Hmm, well, seeing as the Everfree forest has been less of a threat as of late, maybe Fluttershy will finally overcome her fears and actually start to take in some of the creatures and convert them. Oh, and of course, more Fluttershy and Discord is always appreciated.

. Well, Twilight has a castle now......really, they could do anything with that. It would be nice to see the Mane 6 and Spike have regular meetings and conferences to discuss the goings on of Ponyville. They'd all be proper guardians....yeah, I think the writers could have some fun with that.

. Really, any development with Discord would be worth seeing. He's finally accepted the importance of friendship, so now it would be interesting to see him interact with other characters more. I don't know why, but for some reason, I kind of like the idea of Discord being either/or a partner to Celestia or a father figure to someone like Spike. 

. There needs to be major development to the CMC. If not at least one of them gets their cutie mark by the end of season 5, I'll be disappointed. 

. There needs to be major development for Spike. I don't think he was butchered in season 4, just under-used. But the few stories he had were good ones in my book, but I still think there's so much more for him. We've seen how Celestia's plans for Twilight turned out, but did she ever have any plans or intentions for Spike? I'd love to see more development between Spike and Rarity, but also I'd love to see Spike interact with independent members of the Mane 6 more in general. We rarely see him on his own with someone like Rainbow Dash or Fluttershy, so I think that there is some potential there. His dragon nature and maturity, his skills, his sense of purpose, and his potential capabilities as a weapon are all very interesting aspects of his character, and it would just be great to see more from him in general. 

Right about now I can't think of what exactly I want in season 5, but if the executives allow it, I would love to see FiM attempt a story arc. One longer than just two episodes. I think they can pull something like that

-More effective humor. Obviously this is subjective, but a lot of the jokes in the newer episodes just kind of fall flat to me. An exception to this is Maud Pie, which experiments with dry humor and honestly ends up being a pretty hilarious episode. So yeah, I guess sharper and more "out-there" humor. Hell, maybe the writers could even try slipping stuff past the radar.

-Heavier topics. I don't mean grimdark or anything, but I'd like to see the show try to tackle topics you wouldn't expect it to. It's sort of done this before at points with kinda mixed results. If a show like Courage The Cowardly Dog can get away with domestic abuse, misandry, and implied prostitution in one episode and not be rated that much higher than MLP I'm pretty sure there's some potential for some heavier subject matter. *Cough* Applejack's parents *cough*

-More character development, especially for Spike and the CMC. Character development has been one of my favorite aspects of the show overall, but there's still some characters that need it. I'd love to see Spike's personality expanded upon, since a lot of the episodes that have focused on him haven't exactly been great. 

-Overarching plot and recurring villain. Season 4 was the first to have a plot throughout it even though it didn't amount to much until the very end. I'd like to see something like this done for season 5 but on a larger scale. I think a recurring villain could be an interesting addition to add a sense of tension or urgency to the season. Like, it'll still be fun and colorful, but have that sense of looming danger similar to what Adventure Time does. 

• Brohoof 2

In my opinion, I have no idea what to think. Season 5 is far off, and we might get clues as this season progresses. However, I do not think it'll be the last season. There should be at least 6 seasons.

They said MLP:FiM was confirmed to have four or five more seasons, so this is definitely not the final season.

That actually makes sense.

That would be cool, I want to see Trixie taught by Luna. Then there might be a whole rivalry thing.

• Brohoof 1

As Dinos4Ever previously said... A Celestia episode and another one for Luna would be great! I hope for a Dash solo song. And one or two Twilight episodes whose main topic isn't the princess duty. Also, the return of Trixie and Gilda!

Predictions? I don't know. May be the CMC will finally get their cutie marks? ... ... ... naaaaah

Actually, something I just thought about that I think would be a great idea for S5, is for their to be more parent oriented episodes, as well as parent/child episodes, that would be really nice to see (and make it really interesting) for the show......

• Brohoof 1