Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general What were you doing just 10 minutes ago?

Lisa

After driving around this town, letting the cops chase me around, I was able to get my daughter off to school and then get my car inspected despite it expiring at midnight...and went ticket free. 

• Brohoof 1

Was just in class, one of the few math classes I actually enjoy.

After driving around this town, letting the cops chase me around, I was able to get my daughter off to school and then get my car inspected despite it expiring at midnight...and went ticket free. 

lol my state is lax, didn't even realize I have been driving around with expired tags for months(I put the new ones on like a month ago though). Also didn't have my registration for a few months, yea I am stupid IK.

• Brohoof 1

lol my state is lax, didn't even realize I have been driving around with expired tags for months(I put the new ones on like a month ago though). Also didn't have my registration for a few months, yea I am stupid IK.

NY, at least NYC, is so strict, they usually sent cops out predawn to just march the streets looking for cars to ticket. I've even gotten a ticket shortly after midnight in the past. The snow both kept me from getting inspected, but it probably kept the beat cops at bay this morning.

Which state would that be by the way?

Did they make you surrender your plates for missing registration? that's what they do in NY. You have to pay a fee plus surrender the plates to DMV and wait for new ones.  

• Brohoof 1

NY, at least NYC, is so strict, they usually sent cops out predawn to just march the streets looking for cars to ticket. I've even gotten a ticket shortly after midnight in the past. The snow both kept me from getting inspected, but it probably kept the beat cops at bay this morning.

Which state would that be by the way?

Did they make you surrender your plates for missing registration? that's what they do in NY. You have to pay a fee plus surrender the plates to DMV and wait for new ones.  

Kentucky, and no they never caught on. I was actually made aware from my mother when she realized she had been keeping my tags. I'm pretty lucky when it comes to driving(and cops), not so much with my car and its maintenance level/battery(I've called AAA about 7 times in the past year and a half, ugh).

• Brohoof 2

Kentucky, and no they never caught on. I was actually made aware from my mother when she realized she had been keeping my tags. I'm pretty lucky when it comes to driving(and cops), not so much with my car and its maintenance level/battery(I've called AAA about 7 times in the past year and a half, ugh).

Our worst car trouble was late 2011, we were visiting friends in upstate New York, driving back home...the engine completely seized on the highway. Ended up towing it to a mechanic, taking a bus back to NYC, and then let it sit there before deciding to spent 6 grand on an engine replacement...luckily, it's been fine since then. 

Our oil had leaked out to nothing, and there were no warning lights for whatever reason. That was an expensive lesson on checking the oil before long road trips. 

• Brohoof 2

Our worst car trouble was late 2011, we were visiting friends in upstate New York, driving back home...the engine completely seized on the highway. Ended up towing it to a mechanic, taking a bus back to NYC, and then let it sit there before deciding to spent 6 grand on an engine replacement...luckily, it's been fine since then. 

Our oil had leaked out to nothing, and there were no warning lights for whatever reason. That was an expensive lesson on checking the oil before long road trips. 

I can understand that, I have to make a note on what my trip odometer says before it gets reset(by mechanics or battery drain). Otherwise I will miss the 3000 mile mark for a change.

Also, might want to stop the sidetrack. As much as I enjoy this conversation I do believe we may earn the ire of the mods lol

• Brohoof 2