Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you have a senpai?

Haruhi-chan

Senpai = It originates from anime and manga. It's someone older than you. Someone you look up to. If they give the slightest attention to you, you sort of explode. They are just really admired by you and if you are a senpai, bask in it!

Basically, my senpai is my art mentor. He's always really sweet and positive about my art. I'm not very good at drawing, but he inspires me to keep at it. He's so amazing, and I get to see him at my anime convention every year too. I buy most of his stickers, request commissions from him and hang out with him... OH AND HIS HUGS ARE THE BEST. <3 Plus, he's also super cute. 8D

So, do you any of you have a senpai? :3 It's okay if you don't. I bet a lot of you might not even realize what a senpai is before seeing this thread anyway. XD

This is gonna be hilarious but I actually used to be the senpai to my current boyfriend I am 24 and he is 21 years old and he had a major crush on my that turned into love while I was just a friend to him at the beginning of last summer. What is even funnier is that now that were in a relationship people think that he's the elder and I'm the younger cause I look really young and he looks older and is also taller than me  :D

• Brohoof 1

I'd prefer not to attempt to appropriate a word from a language I do not understand and from a culture I have never truthfully been a part of. In fact, don't really understand why we can't just a use a term like 'hero' instead of 'senpai'...But anyway, carrying on...

Anyway, my oboe teacher at this moment. Also, her, definitely her.

I don't have a senpai. I do but it's 100% a joke because I like making fun of anime culture. My friend that got me into martial arts is my senpai. I'm older than him but he's a better figher than me and he has more credits at the U he attends.

Well, I kinda have someone like this but I don't obsess over them or freak out anytime they talk to me. This person is my brother. I look up to him quite a lot and honestly wish I was more like him, but I have a lot of respect for him in general. He is just an awesome guy. Like, one of the coolest people you will ever meet. 

Apparently, I am one :-) . I am 30 and one of my younger facebook friends called me it one day (and has a few times since). Did not know what it was until I looked it up. Make me feel kind of honored. It also makes me feel like getting old is not all bad.

post-27007-0-67109000-1445007187_thumb.jpg

Hmm...There are some very talented artists I look up to. I'm not completely sure whether any would count as a "senpai" or not. I just try to learn from their techniques, but don't have the urge to go "senpai notice me" mode..Lol. I guess "fan" is a better way to describe how I feel about these artists.

The English word is senior or mentor, not senpai though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senior_%28education%29

Anime mostly is bad i think, although some are ok. But nope, i'd be weirded out to call someone i knew a senior. I may admire people i like. But it got nothing to do with age in any case, its more on what they do.

Although mostly i find this to be a suck up word. I am learning Japanese but i would never use this word honestly. I'd pick the more mr, mrs which would be san. Atleast thats more reasonable

Edited by Finia

I do not have one and I never have had one, nor do I want one.  I don't need someone like that.  All I need are friends and loved ones.  Not that I have anything against those who do have them or what have you.

• 1 month later...

My senpai isn't real.. to most people but they will never know but he is a true inspiration. He motivates undreds evry day believe it or not, and is it bad I'm sorta crushing onhim? Anyways my senpai is Natsu Dragneel and I'm proud of all the lessons I have learned from him!

This is him-

-Natsu-Dragneel-natsu-dragneel-34689244-

You don't just make yourself the person you are, it's the people you care about and learn from that help you rise above the rest. That's actually what he did for me. I was going to actually give up on life when I saw the show by chance, it was Natsu that gave me the motivation and courage to continue. That is was a senpai should be... what do you guys think? :adorkable: