LyraHeartstrings

205 users have voted

1. 1. What pony race is your favourite?

• Earth pony
    • Unicorn
    • Pegasus
    • Crystal Pony
    • Alicorn

my favorite is the earth pony. why because the entire pie family are earth ponies and i would like to see a pegasus destroy a boulder with their bare hooves like Maud pie or unicorns break the laws of physics  and predict the future like pinkie pie.

other than that earth ponies are more resourceful and more adaptive than both pegasus and unicorn. take away a Pegasus's wings and the unicorns magic and their completely helpless, because they become too reliant on magic and flight that with out it they would have trouble with things they are use to doing with ease. for example take away twilight's magic and twilight would have trouble reading a book, take away dash's wings and she would not be able to clear the sky and lose her job on the weather team. there are several other examples. but what exactly does an earth pony use for doing things, nothing. earth ponies work hard to do what they do and do not become reliant on some special trait like magic or flight. they use their heads to find solutions.

What type of pony do you prefer, would like to be, or identify most with? Would you prefer speed and freedom, or magical powers? or just be a plain old, pony!

Please give reasons/examples why!

My answer changes depending on which part of the question I choose to address.

What type of pony do I prefer?  Off the top of my head I would have said unicorns, but once I clicked on this thread and saw that crystal ponies were an option, I had to vote for them, because they look magnificent.

What type of pony would I like to be?  Alicorn seems like the obvious answer, because they have flight + magic and (some of them) live for over a millennium.

What type of pony do I identify most with?  I guess that would have to be the earth ponies, because I'm boring and have no impressive skills.  They're my least favorite type though, and I certainly wouldn't want to be one.

Being able to fly just seems really appealing to me and is an awesome way to travel so I'll take that over magic any day. Magic would be awesome but it just seems like you need to devote an awful lot of time in your life to it to really be able to do any of the cool stuff^^

So Pegasus it is :D

• 3 weeks later...

Alicorns are the best race. No question. Unicorns are filthy plebs compared to them. ;)

Yet pegasi are my favorite race. The ability to fly is just too awesome and unlike alicorns they aren't bound to be royalty.

Also i bet, Rarity would like to have wings, because they are much more fabulous than horns. :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would honestly like to be a unicorn because then I get to learn more and more things and I'll be able to do lots of things with magic.(I choose Knowledge over flight and physical attributes.)  Even if I couldn't fly with a spell I still would love to be one. Though I still like Pegasus's and Earth Pony's for their traits. If I were to be Alicorn I'd have to govern some aspect of Reality, which I'm not too sure what it would be.

One could be forgiven for thinking I would choose Unicorn, being a witch. But I'm actually more inclined to Earth Ponies. Their magic is more nature-based: earth, plants, animals. Thus being closer to the druidic ways of my Celtic ancestors.

(Fun fact: in the early stages of development Fluttershy was actually an Earth Pony which made more sense. And Pinkie Pie was a Pegasus who got high on sugar and started hovering like a hummingbird upside-down.)

Also, no Zebra option? Twilight may have stated that they're not ponies, but they do have Cutie Marks and their own magic. Solidarity! :rarity:

Edited by Jinxie Umbra
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

Your post is racist. Earth Ponies have nothing special? Seriously? Earth Ponies are much stronger than the other races, they are the only ones who can grow food, they are far better adaptable than the others, and they are NOT normal ponies. Find me a normal pony who can pull a regular house. Find me four regular ponies who can pull a large train. You can't because Earth Ponies are A LOT stronger than regular ponies. You don't need wings or horns to be special.