gaming What is the OLDEST video game console you've played/owned?

Mrain901

I have a few old game systems... Here's a short list of them... (From oldest to newest)

Atari 2600

Magnavox Odyssey 2

Intellivision

Atari 5200

ColecoVision

Nintendo Entertainment System (NES)

Action Max

Sega Genesis

Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES)

Atari Jaguar

PlayStation

Sega Saturn

Nintendo 64

Dreamcast

Playstation 2

GameCube

Xbox

Xbox 360

PlayStation 3

Wii

Wii U

PlayStation 4

Xbox One

Steam Machine

As well as a GameBoy or three layin' around somewhere....

• Brohoof 1

The oldest console I ever played was a Sega Genesis at a friends house. I still remember not being able to get past that cursed section in Chemical Plant Zone in Sonic 2  :okiedokieloki:.

To my knowledge, the oldest console we had in our house was my 1st one: The Glorious Nintendo 64 I got that fateful Christmas Morning on December 25,1998. One of the best days of my young life :D.  

First was "Intellivision" in the 80's.  After that I had one of the big grey original gameboys.  

The funniest thing about owning a 3DS is that it has terrible ergonomics compared to the original gameboy.

It's too thin, and there is nowhere good to put your hands, and the balance is past your hands.  

I typically put my smart phone behind the 3DS and hold them together to improve balance and thickness.  

An atari...my dad use to own it and I remember playing one or two games. But we owned a NES, SuperNES and the original gameboy (still have the gameboy in fact), so I continually keep playing those. Worth all the grueling hours to play some of the games.

Virtual Boy, which is this really obscure Nintendo system where you stick your head in it (it's like a pair of goggles) and it's supposed to feel like Virtual Reality. It really isn't though, it's all red and black and it makes your eyes hurt after a while and most of the games are really simple and stupid and overall, it's dumb and I hated it even when I was a kid.

I've played on an NES one or two times, but the oldest console I regularly played when I was younger was a Nintendo 64 (but that was largely at friends' houses) and the oldest one my family ever owned was an Xbox from the sixth generation of video game consoles (I'm an avid gamer, but we didn't start getting consoles ourselves until I was a pre-teen).

(edited)

I never owned a gaming console until recently but I played some kind of pre-console thing with pong at my cousins place back in my childhood. You hooked it up to the TV, the graphics were extremely basic and the controllers just weird.

When I was at home, I had fun on our C64. :)

Edited by Konsumo

• 5 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...