Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you wish to become your OC? Or to have your OC?

INACTIVE USERNAME

71 users have voted

1. 1. Do you wish to become your OC? Or to have your OC?

• Be my OC
    • Have my OC
    • Neither

• 3 weeks later...

I'd rather have my pony OC/fancharacter, Paint Brush. While it would be nice to be something different, it would be interesting to talk with her and learn more about her backstory, flaws, hobbies, etc..

I'd rather have my pony OC/fancharacter, Paint Brush. While it would be nice to be something different, it would be interesting to talk with her and learn more about her backstory, flaws, hobbies, etc..

Actually, looking at it like that makes me want to change my choice here. Well said. ^^

• Brohoof 1

I am wondering why the second choice is "have"... It sounds more like ownership/slavery. Maybe it would be better if it was "friends with", instead of something implying ownership, especially since your OC would be a sentient and sapient being, with self direction and motivation...

Just some thoughts about that. Also, to reiterate my vote again, yes I made my OC to be the pone version of me.

• Brohoof 1

Well, my OC is supposed to be me anyway. So I would have to be my OC... But only really if I was transported to Equestria as well. 

(edited)

I would be my fursona any time, any place (In modern Equestria, as a traveler from the south [badlands]).

My "ponysona" model and bio is not finished yet (but from the little I already had figured about...)  yes; I will walk with those hooves [either as those as my own, or beside me].

I am wondering why the second choice is "have"... It sounds more like ownership/slavery. Maybe it would be better if it was "friends with", instead of something implying ownership, especially since your OC would be a sentient and sapient being, with self direction and motivation...

Just some thoughts about that. Also, to reiterate my vote again, yes I made my OC to be the pone version of me.

I thinked about it like a manifested Tulpa (as sie would have whatever aspects you imagined for hir personality).

Also, I agree that the posesive term is either confusing or detrimental for the relationship.

Edited by SilverComet

I wish to be my ponysona; it'd be fun to do things as a bat pony that you can't do as a human such as sleep upside-down, make godawful screeching sounds, eat bugs, fly any where, stay up all night and bother my pets.

Though now that I would be a bat pony, my gaming systems and vehicle would be utterly inoperable for me. Not to mention I would be unable to properly communicate with humans unless I was anthropomorphic and can talk.

• 2 months later...

My OC is pretty much me as an earth pony, so neither, I guess... having him would mean I could talk to myself (like I don't do that already  :P), and being him wouldn't give me any advantage that I would personally benefit from (plus, no hands ;-; ). Come to think of it, though, he would be nice to cuddle if I had him...  :catface:

• Brohoof 1

Just a bit of both perhaps. Most of my OCs are normal enough to where they smoothly fit into Equestrian society but also have little tics and elements that would make their lives interesting and fun. They're also all women, which of course makes them more appealing to be for me. That said they'd also all make interesting friends. I'd be one and keep the rest in my circle of friends perhaps.

Every character I create represents an aspect of myself in some way. Most characters, I'd rather be than have. I see them as an extension of myself rather than individuals for the most part. Although there are some non-MLP characters I've created that I'd love to befriend rather than be, my MLP characters aren't fleshed out enough for that. With the exception of my main OC, Anatase the Diamond Dog.

(Obligatory picture of her for context I always post everytime I speak of her.)

post-809-0-64479000-1436743556_thumb.png

She is me. And I mean it. She IS me reimagined into the context of this world, as accurately as possible to my real life whilst converting the appropriate elements to the fantasy setting. So it's just being myself, basically. Except with a different appearance, one I find much more appealing than humans. It fits my personality better, and I would enjoy burrowing underground to get away from people.

• Brohoof 2