489 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

(edited)

I would have made it a normal slice of life episode starring the mane 6, but with some meme references IN THE BACKGROUND.

But then it would have been all the same we have gotten over the last 4-5 years... So that makes no sense. It's akin to saying, "I don't want this episode to be special and spontaneous. I want it to be stagnant and be an uncreative dirge for Hasbro to sell more pony shit, cause its a special milestone!"       

Edited by Zantetsuken
  • Brohoof 3

Ahh, I admit I was kind of in the boat of people who were worried about this episode being an overblown abundance of fan pandering. But then I just said to myself: "That's exactly what this episode is supposed to be!" A tribute to the fans who've made this series as successful as it was, and a cheeky bit of showing that they're fully aware of all the fancanon that's been built up around some of the background ponies. Once I got into that mindset, the episode was a really pleasent one for me. I had many laughs just to see them aknowledge all the fancanon and even try to disperse a few...

Lyra and Bon-Bon are just friends!  BEST OF FRIENDS!

Oh Larson... :derp:

But still, I thought it was really cool to give some of these ponies a day in the limelight, and honestly I hope it's not the last time we hear from them. As Mayor Mare put it best: Each and every one of them is a hero of their own story, and each one of them help make the series what it is, no matter their overall importance. The fandom most certainly would not be as large without their presence, and I think it was great for the team to give both them and the fans that love them their 22 minutes of appreciation. Bravo! :D

• Brohoof 8

We have reached one hundred episodes, and I have reached eight hundred posts, so today was a day of landmarks, for I was totally amazed by this episode, to get further development of Ponyville and it's residents, that was a reward and a privilege to see. We see Matilda and Cranky are getting wedded, but the invitations are a day early, for Ditzy Doo was the one who made the error, next she goes to Time Turner, who does have that David Tennant energy, it was splendid to see. As Time Turner goes out to get his dinner jacket tailored, he winds up in the bowling alley, where he encounters the Big Lewbowski ponies, from The Cutie Pox, meanwhile, the mane six are fighting a bug bear, as Matilda finds a Amethyst Star to lead her wedding arrangements. As the episode commences, we get to meet Lyra and Bon Bon, as the decorate the chapel, it is revealed that Bon Bon has an alias, and was tracked by the bug bear, that got a good laugh out of me, in another scene, Octavia and DJ Pon3, are practising for the wedding music, we don't get to see DJ Pon3 speak, she could be a mute, or perhaps she might speak in a later episode, but it was great development, to see them interact, and compose music. Matilda goes to the spa, where we meet the dragon from the first episodes of MLP, it was a great call back, it was so amusing, at the chapel we see Princess Cadence and Shining Armour, their first appearance in season five, and we get great Celestia and Luna bonding, as the quarrel over who was bringing a wedding gift, that was too funny for words. Octavia and DJ Pon3 burst onto the Ponyville rallying the ponies to the town hall, we see Tim Turner again with the Tom Baker scarf, with the trademark "Allons-y", I burst out laughing at the moment, Lyra and Bon Bon make up for their earlier tiff, so the episode ends with Matilda and Crank married, and the mane six in friendly embrace. This episode was fun, the most fun I have had since I started watching My Little Pony, the call backs were nice, and it was so rewarding to see the background ponies developed, it was so pleasing to hear their voices, my pet peeve for the Care Bears from the eighties, many of the bears and cousins were relegated to just do visual service, to it was excellent to get this kind of character development, even Princess Celestia and Princess Luna got a great scene together, this episode reminds me of those French wedding comedies, with so many sub-plots, and each plot could be seen in the background, and they all climax and and together, I have been in a real wedding like this in my ancestral Quebec, we have that tradition of everyone in the community is invited an event, sort of like festival, so I can relate to this episode, so I can safely say that Slice of Life was just that, a piece of Ponyville we always wanted to see, and we got it, this was a treat and was so worth it to wait for it.  

• Brohoof 5

But then it would have been all the same we have gotten over the last 4-5 years... So that makes no sense. It's akin to saying, "I don't want this episode to be special and spontaneous. I want it to be stagnant and stay be an uncreative dirge for Hasbro to see more pony shit, cause its a special milestone!"       

It would have been better than just making a bunch of forced and shallow meme references.

BTW guys, i just found this.

1428899867220.png

People say that they ruin this episode, but i haven't seen any of them in here. Can you help me out?

• Brohoof 3

What I liked:

Gummy's scene: Did like the existentialism there

What I disliked HATED:

The bugbear BS and the Mane 6. Sorry I get it's a joke but here's Vegeta with my reply:

What was also there:

The humor.  This is the tricky one, cause on one hand it's just a nice fun romp and on the other it's just loses control of itself. It's very subjective it the thing. For me I liked it, but it's too over-the-top for me actually consider it a good episode based on it alone. For example the whole Bon-Bon secret agent thing, what the fuck was up with that? Oh it's a wacky over the top joke that makes fun of the fact she has two names. Anything else to it? It implies Lyra and Bon-Bon are lesibans. Anything we can actually confirm? No that's about it. It's a joke for the sake of a joke and not much else. I can see why people find that funny but it's not going to have me coming back to this episode.

The morale: I like it. Too bad it's going to get chucked out next episode. 

Basically I think this is the MLP equivalent to James Cameron's Avatar. 

(edited)

That..... Was special. That was an incredibly special episode, not just for the creators but for us too. It felt like a culmination of 5 seasons of fan support and obsession xD It gave us just what we wanted.

I was a little afraid how they would handle it I'll admit, but I think it was absolutely amazing. That duet between Octavia and Vinyl... Oh man. Probably one of my favourite moments of the whole show. The Lyra Bon-Bon relationship was epic, and I am so so pleased they returned Derpy to how she used to be. Also, the animation on Doctor Whooves looked awesome, especially at the end.

One thing I could say is perhaps we could have seen how the Bee bear was defeated, but I guess the episode wasn't focused on that.

Overall, I am very pleased, and have a lot of optimism for the rest of season 5 :squee:

Edited by Raritas
  • Brohoof 7

Idk. Character development?

Trixie?

well, if you really must know, here it is:

file.jpg

heh, no, I'm just kidding, it's actually

cherry_jubilee_by_shelltoontv-d4n9tfr.pn

how would it have been better? 

What's "better" is subjective. But I would have appreciated it if the episode was merely "boring" instead of actually inflicting physical pain because of the non-stop cringing.

If you like an episode that's just throwing a bunch of memes at us, I'm fine with that. I don't like it though. Some things should be left to the fans.

• Brohoof 1

well, if you really must know, here it is:

sig-3844880.file.jpg

heh, no, I'm just kidding, it's actually

sig-3844880.cherry_jubilee_by_shelltoont

Oh. I thought it was someone special for a moment there....(no offense to any Cherry Jubilee fans).

Oh. I thought it was someone special for a moment there....(no offense to any Cherry Jubilee fans).

I won't lie tho, next week's episode looks awfully exciting

I saw stagecoach chases and...

actually, I better not give anything away

• Brohoof 1

Let´s get those headcanons fired! Wooohaaa!

Alright, here we go. I think that Celestia was actually angry at Luna, for hiding all of her Bananas. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

• Brohoof 2

i liked it.

i really do like that the episode didnt take itself too seriously, although i didnt like that the fanservice felt a tiny bit too much, though.