Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Gonna watch the Fallout 4 part of E3 right now to see what all the hubbub is about.

It's barely started. May wanna reserve that judgment. :lol:

So hyped for Sony and Square Enix's conferences.

There's Twitter for that, apparently.

Didn't watch the Nintendo World Championships. How was it?

Other than having that kid for Splatoon, it was great especially seeing first hand on two new games in Blast Ball and especially Super Mario maker (every Kaizo Mario fans wet dream come true) gameplay.

• Brohoof 1

Dishonored 2's trailer! I am pretty hyped for this game. The first one was great, could have been a bit better if the NPCs would emote at all, but that's pretty minor, the gameplay was good, the story and game world were amazingly designed, and the new abilities showcased look very fun to play with. I'm very excited.

Watched the Fallout 4 gameplay presentation this morning from last night's Bethesday conference.  Didn't really need to watch anything else of theirs since that's the only project of theirs that I'm currently looking forward to.  Was very impressed with what they've got so far and glad that they seemed to have a very polished product to show us.  About to watch the Microsoft press conference now on my Xbox One; especially looking forward to whatever Halo 5 footage they've got for us, but hoping for some pleasant surprises as well.  :fluttershy:

(edited)

Microsoft is starting now ... http://www.twitch.tv/twitch OVER!!

- Halo 5 is up first... I got nothing.

- recode...Inafune and Metroid Prime devs together?!

- Phil Spencer HYPE!

- OH S***! Xbox One Backward compatibilty?!?

- New Customizable controller for you L337 gamer

- Fallout 4 is here... Deja Vu... MOD ON X-BOX (I NEED IT) !!! (includes a free copy of Fallout 3)

- EA is here... Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2 YAY!!

- *Brom Brom* Forza 6 w/ a Real Car (Ford GT)

- This is DARK SOULS 3 ​Prepare to Die again...

- The Division beta coming FIRST on Xbox One.

- Gigantic is free to play and cross platform.

- Indie game showcase.

- OH NO!! Early Access on X-BOX.

- Tomb Raider Gameplay... damn you exclusive. (coming 11/10/2015)

- RARE?!  Oh... Rare Replay: 30 Epic Games for $30! Except the Nintendo exclusive IP of course.

Sea of Thieves is a RARE next games.

- Fable Legends...

- Oculus + Valve VR on XBox...

- Minecraft on the Hololense... OMG?!

- Gears of War Ultimate Edition... another re-mastered game!

- Gears of War 4? I can't see a thing...

-THEY DIDN'T TALK ABOUT CALL OF DUTY!?!?

Edited by Illusion Fox
  • Brohoof 2

Wow, first Microsoft E3 Conference in I don't know how many years where they haven't said a word about COD?  I'm OK with this.  :bedeyes:

Overall, I thought it was a very solid conference.  Games focused for the most part, some cool partnerships and exclusives announced, nothing terribly surprising but nothing that fell flat either (well, aside from the Forza and EA moments, but I'm not a Forza fan so it just does nothing for me, and EA is the devil, that's not Microsoft's fault).  EA Access, seriously, what the buck?  They announce a $5/month application at the Xbox gamers conference?  As in, the gamers who already pay $5 a month for Xbox Live Gold?  Idiots, bucking idiots, EA!  Other than that, though, I was happy with what I saw.  Very pumped for Halo 5 and Fallout 4, some of the new indie titles look very innovative, and that new controller should definitely be worth checking out (good excuse for me to get a second Xbox One controller, anyway).  Can't wait to see what other gaming news emerges this week!  :muffins:

• Brohoof 3

Saw the Dark Souls 3 trailer. I don't like the idea of it being set in Lordran again. Lordran was the least interesting of the Souls games worlds for me and it gives them an excuse to reuse the areas rather than make new ones.

Obviously I won't judge before I actually play it but that doesn't come across as a good thing to me.

I am just really hyped to see what Ubisoft will be offering....

Bioware for me.  I'm done with the Assassins Creed series; got Black Flag for free on Xbox recently, but I hated so many things about AC3 (full disclosure, I'm a history grad student so I get very touchy with any media that handles history).  It's more than the history, though, it's that they insist on shipping a new AC game every year, the story has no direction now that the Desmond Miles plotline is done, and the series acts like it's a lot smarter than it really is by creating too many different plot threads to resolve (most of which don't get resolved).

The new Mass Effect, though, can't wait to hear more about that (assuming Bioware has anything to say).  Batman: Arkham Knight and Star Wars: Battlefront III are titles I'll be looking to see more of as well.

And once again, let me reiterate how very happy I am that COD was nowhere to be found at Microsoft's press conference.  HUZZAH!  Xbox is no longer embarrassing itself by pushing those load of garbage, so-called "AAA" titles!!!  :yay:

• Brohoof 1

I found a video of the Hololens they just showed:

At first I was like "WHAT IS THIS WITCHERY" but then I remembered augmented reality, which has been a thing for awhile now.

I didn't know this Hololens thing existed.

got Black Flag for free on Xbox recently, but I hated so many things about AC3

I got Black Flag off Games with Gold as well...but I never cared about the AssCreed series. I've heard Black Flag is the best but I don't have high hopes. The series has always been pretty boring.

• Brohoof 2

I got Black Flag off Games with Gold as well...but I never cared about the AssCreed series. I've heard Black Flag is the best but I don't have high hopes. The series has always been pretty boring.

Its high points were the Ezio Auditore games, especially ACII and AC: Brotherhood.  I've heard good things about Black Flag (basically just Pirates of the Caribbean meets Assassin's Creed), but I also have a soft spot in my heart for the first AC title.  For me, I really have always thought that all the conspiracy-theory BS and modern day plotlines in that series are just distracting and boring.  I wanted more of the AC titles just to be like the first one was for the most part, more minimalist, stand-alone stories, nothing too interconnected, just assassins trying to accomplish good things in cool historical settings.  But no, Ubisoft has insisted time and time and time again on shoving this "Templars vs. Assassins" BS down our throat, and this whole idea that everything is gray and relative, "Nothing is true, everything is permitted" blah blah blah, it's all very tiring.  I'm not saying I wanted it to be a stupid, mindless series, but I think it could've been smarter if it were simpler.  Instead, it tries so hard to be smart that it comes off as a series that thinks it's smarter than it really is, when really it's just bogged down by way too much nonsensical garbage.  A simple history-based, vigilante game without all the sci-fi and conspiracy garbage would have been far preferable, in my opinion.

• Brohoof 1

Its high points were the Ezio Auditore games, especially ACII and AC: Brotherhood.  I've heard good things about Black Flag (basically just Pirates of the Caribbean meets Assassin's Creed), but I also have a soft spot in my heart for the first AC title.  For me, I really have always thought that all the conspiracy-theory BS and modern day plotlines in that series are just distracting and boring.  I wanted more of the AC titles just to be like the first one was for the most part, more minimalist, stand-alone stories, nothing too interconnected, just assassins trying to accomplish good things in cool historical settings.  But no, Ubisoft has insisted time and time and time again on shoving this "Templars vs. Assassins" BS down our throat, and this whole idea that everything is gray and relative, "Nothing is true, everything is permitted" blah blah blah, it's all very tiring.  I'm not saying I wanted it to be a stupid, mindless series, but I think it could've been smarter if it were simpler.  Instead, it tries so hard to be smart that it comes off as a series that thinks it's smarter than it really is, when really it's just bogged down by way too much nonsensical garbage.  A simple history-based, vigilante game without all the sci-fi and conspiracy garbage would have been far preferable, in my opinion.

My issues with the series are more gameplay-related. They try to make it smooth but it just feels slow and like you're moving through syrup. The climbing mechanics could use a lot of work too but maybe I'm just biased because games like Sly Cooper and Infamous do wall climbing much, much better.

The only games in the series I've actually played were AssCreed 2 (which I never finished) and Altair's Chronicles on the DS. AC's climbing was more like Prince of Persia so I was okay with it but AssCreed 2....meeeeeeeh.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

yeah ac2 and it sequels are the best imo story just started going downhill when they killed off desmond now we just have a faceless protagonist

My issues with the series are more gameplay-related. They try to make it smooth but it just feels slow and like you're moving through syrup. The climbing mechanics could use a lot of work too but maybe I'm just biased because games like Sly Cooper and Infamous do wall climbing much, much better.

The only games in the series I've actually played were AssCreed 2 (which I never finished) and Altair's Chronicles on the DS. AC's climbing was more like Prince of Persia so I was okay with it but AssCreed 2....meeeeeeeh.

AC games are much more precise, and the climbing is a bit slower, yet more deliberate and realistic

Infamous is speedier, and more about getting up and over buildings quicker. There is very good control in the

more delicate climbing, just not as much in the way of navigation as an AC game. For speed though, you

can litterally jump repeatedly up the side of a building, which is how it should be in that game.

Edited by Alto
  • Brohoof 1