Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How did you find your avatar ?

White

I’m still using the same avatar I started with. I drew it on the back of a business card during a lunch break at work and later scanned it into the computer to color and polish it up. I occasionally add a seasonal touch-up to it, but it’s been the same basic one all these years (with only one or two brief deviations). 

• Brohoof 3
  • Thanks 1

(edited)

I made it in the middle of lunch at school once. Our school uses iPads and my friend, who I usually spent lunch with, was absent. So I took a picture of myself facing a certain direction so that I can get side views of everypony. I cropped my face so that I was now on a white background.

At one point, it got very difficult because say for example, I would move Applejack over but then because of the way the touch screen worked, she'd suddenly be in the foreground, blocking me, Pinkie, Twilight and Fluttershy. So I'd have to select Fluttershy, Twilight, Pinkie, and me individually and very precisely. So, it did get quite difficult at one stage.

I do kind of wish we all could have been the same size, kind of like this:

maxresdefault.jpg

But it still worked out the way I intended. Even if Rainbow and Rarity might be a little small and Twilight and Fluttershy are smiling a bit more broadly than the rest of us. It replicates a dream I had ever since I became a brony. To just be there with the Mane Six. Picture it this way. We've just had a day of fun together, we go over to the cliff to watch the evening sunset and I kneel down to be right next to them...

EOKmul7WkAEbwWt?format=jpg&name=900x900

Edited by TomDaBombMLP
  • Brohoof 5

I stumbled across mine from a post on Derpibooru that I followed back to the original picture on DeviantArt. I was in the market for a new avatar pic and I thought that this one would work nicely. :twi:

However I had to crop the ever living hell out of the original picture to get it so it was just zoomed in on Twi's face ^_^

3 minutes ago, Stone Cold Steve Tuna said:

I googled Stone Cold Steve Austin. Nothing too complicated about it.

Needs Pegasus wings... Do you need me to draw them for you? :squee:

18 hours ago, Bastian said:

Bastian's avatar, brought to you by @Bakugou is my Man:yay:

Wait till you see the latest she drew omg :wub:

• 1 month later...

For my Vapor Trail avatar, I found a GIF of her and converted it into a PNG file and then cropped it. I then used an online tool to increase the resolution of the image a little.

• Brohoof 2

• 9 months later...

I made it. After I chose my username I needed a fitting avatar. So I said down in my program and after some time I came up with this little avatar,

• Brohoof 2