What did you think?  

206 users have voted

1. 1. What did you think?

• I hated it!
    • I didn't like it.
    • It was...meh.
    • I enjoyed it.
    • I LOVED IT!!!

I didn't even notice it until you pointed out she was supposed to be a character from another movie. x3 That's amazing. I guess the train is also making it's way to Chicago.. Coltcago..?

LOL! That's a good pun. Tho I'm not sure if such a city exists in Equestria.  :huh:

LOL! That's a good pun. Tho I'm not sure if such a city exists in Equestria.  :huh:

Well I'm assuming it does now. In both of the films they were heading to Chicago and in the episode they didn't get off at the Rock station. So I'm guessing there may be such a place now.. Plus the Chicago Colts. XP

• Brohoof 2

I have been waiting for another 'Pinkie Apple Pie' episode, and my goodness it didn't disappoint! This season is just incredible, each time I think I've found a new favourite of the season, another pops right up! This one will definitely remain special for me, Pinkie and AJ together is one of my favourite friendships. Marble Pie was adorable, but I particularly loved the interaction between Apple Bloom and Maud. :squee: I doubt this episode will leave my top 5 ever, it was rooftastic!  :pinkie:  :pinkie:  :pinkie:  

*gets on rooftop to declare how rooftastic it was*  :lol:

I totally agree. I really enjoyed this episode even though I saw it late because of a trip I was on. I've rewatched it many times now and it's up there with the Lost Mark as my favorite episode this season. It does well series-wise too. I love the Pies! We finally got to see them all, which I've been looking forward to since S1. Inkie...I mean Marble is my favorite! Or maybe Maud. So hard to choose.  :D

Edited by BlackWater627
  • Brohoof 1

Awesome, this episode featured Maud and we got to meet the other Pies as well. AJ learned to accept the Pies' Hearthswarming tradition. I enjoyed this festive episode. It rocked. See what I did there?

I thought this was a pretty good episode. It was nice seeing the Pie family, after seeing them briefly in "Cutie Mark Chronicles." My favorite member of the Pie family would have to be Marble Pie, and I really liked the interaction between the Apple and Pie family members as well. All in all it was a enjoyable episode and it was a pretty nice holiday episode as well. 

I've never seen that movie. Is it good?

The movie is awesome, I recommend it ;) 

But wow, I did not notice that in the episode, that is awesome :D. I loved that movie <3 :D. It is awesome to know that they made a reference to that movie in the episode xD

This is a Nick Confalone episode, same guy who wrote Party Pooped, right? Applejack said "Nincompoop" in this episode.

That marks the 2nd time Nick has used that word in an episode of his.

What is his obsession with that word?

Edited by Baby Dinosaur

I really loved this episode. I really like the combining of Pinkie and Applejack's families. Not to mention, Marble Pie! She is the cutest thing ever! I like the point Applejack made regarding sharing others traditions, while telling them about your traditions. 

I didn't watch this episode when it first aired because it felt wrong watching a Christmas episode on Halloween. Now that I've finally gotten around to checking it out, I find it kinda average.

Knowing more about the Pies is pretty interesting. So the parents seem to literally worship a rock as a deity. Limestone is really cool and my favorite of the new Pies, she seems mean but it's because she takes her responsibilities seriously. I'm not too big on Marble x Big Mac, their interactions felt a bit forced.

One thing that bugs me a bit: Maud was shown to have super-strength while manipulating rocks in her introductory episode, so shouldn't it have been much easier for her to push up the giant boulder at the end?

Also, where did Applejack find all of these decorations? Surely she couldn't have built that huge flagpole out of raw materials overnight without making enough noise to wake the Pies?

• 4 weeks later...

AJ and Pinkie's friendship getting closer makes me happy. They're cute together.

Marble Pie is cute but I prefer Fluttershy. Not that she holds the monopoly on cute but my need for a cute timid character is filled. I don't dislike Marble but don't have any strong feelings about her except I think it's cool to find out she's Pinkie's TWIN. I think she would not work well as a couple with Big Mac. They're both too quiet and shy. No one would make the first move and now opportunity for growth when you have sooo much in common, behaviorally. Cherilee would be a better match.

Is Limestone her triplet, as they they look the same age? Maude looks older and I know she's older than Pinkie and Marble. I like Maude the best but I thought all the Pies were surprisingly endearing and and likable in their own way.I hope to see more of them.

And the Apples I enjoy as always but I'd like to meet some other families of the mane 6 they haven't yet been explored.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I watched the episode a second time around xmas and this was a warming episode. I wonder if we will see more of Marble Pie she looks so cute  :wub:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

All the warm family bonding is great. Everything else? Ehhh.... 

I still appreciate how Pinkie's hyperactivity here is grounded in reality, but this is one of the few episodes where it does get to be a bit much for me, even if only because the jokes about Applejack and Pinkie Pie being maybe possibly distantly related are just not at all funny. Still, I appreciate her enthusiasm, as it comes from a good place and shows how much she loves her family and friends. 

But wow, the main conflict here still does not work for me. I understand that Applejack's desire to share her traditions is probably well-intentioned, but it's built on these long sequences of seeing Pie family traditions as weird and dreary which are never funny for me. Whenever the episode is focused on family bonding, it's lovely. Whenever it tries to push its main conflict forward, though, it frequently whiffs, and it's not necessarily that this is a *bad* conflict in theory, in execution it becomes deeply tedious, and although Applejack's ineptitude in actually setting it up is surely the point, it doesn't reflect well on her, let alone on Pinkie, who grew up here and would surely have some appreciations for the fault lines. 

More than that, the conflict is the least interesting thing going on in the episode. It's clear that Limestone's grumpiness is derived from how much she cares about the farm, but the episode just doesn't bother digging into that. And while Marble Pie is more charming than her sister, she's not given much of a chance to communicate, and in her introduction it seems less like she's not speaking and more that Pinkie is outright speaking over her. She's better later, but she ain't given much depth - I'd like to have heard her talk even once. I like these new characters a fair bit, but the episode fails to realize their fullest potential - which is the same opinion I have of Maud's debut, so if these two appear again, I'm sure they'll be even better. And Maud's great here, continuing the upwards trend of her appearances. She doesn't have all the subtle emotion of "The Gift of the Maud Pie," but she has much more charm and humour here. 

But this episode is easily the weakest of the holiday episodes so far, and one of just so many episodes which contributes to season 5 being the most disappointing season for me. Gonna be a long while before I bother returning to it. 

Score:

Entertainment: 5/10

Characters: 7/10

Themes: 8/10

Story: 5/10

Overall: 63/100

Also, it seems a little less clear this time around if the episode's actually pushing MarbleMac, but there's definitely some scenes which seem to verge on romantic bonding, and Pinkie is VERY interested in pairing them up. Still amusing to me the show might be running into something which it makes sound like incest. 

• Brohoof 1

• 8 months later...

1000000 I absolutely love it because of Marble Pie and Big Mac interaction. Also they are not cousins even if the 3,000th whoever on that list was people y'all who are saying yuk are really not paying attention well.

Edited by diamondflash

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

This episode is very meh. I like seeing the pie family and I liked the bit in the beginning where we saw a bit of Twilight and Spike's traditions, but a lot of it was really dull. It also somewhat fell into the season 5 trap of feeling a bit too cheesy and melodramatic around the end, though it's not as bad here as in other episodes.

Score: 5/10