Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What size do you imagine the characters?

FlootahBabby

I'm talking about if they actually existed, how big would you want them to be? Compare them to animals! I would want them to be the size of a Great Dane so that I can't at least ride them. However, having a cat sized Rainbow Dash would be great to pet while he's on your lap and you're laughing evilly.

Edited by FlootahBaby

I always consider the characters to be the same size as real ponies. I'm not sure how to perceive that, because it's been a while since I was near a real horse.

Edited by Flyer
  • Brohoof 1

There were many theories about this in the early days of the fandom. Most pretty much sat them in the 3-4 foot mark. One of the most known theories(to my recollection) involved using apples as measurements. It sat the ponies at an average of 3'4", which I personally think is a perfect size.

• Brohoof 1

Through a series of complex estimations I placed Applejack, my baseline "average pony", as approximately 29 inches tall at the shoulder / hip. This makes her the size of a mid-to-large dog.

I believe I did this because the scale made Celestia about the height of a petite Earth horse.

There were many theories about this in the early days of the fandom. Most pretty much sat them in the 3-4 foot mark. One of the most known theories(to my recollection) involved using apples as measurements. It sat the ponies at an average of 3'4", which I personally think is a perfect size.

I also recall someone using the

from Hearth's Warming Eve as a measuring stick.  
  • Brohoof 1

I would imagine about the size of a Shetland pony, so about 3-4 feet at the shoulders (please correct me if that's not about the size of an average Shetland pony). I imagine Sunbutt to be about the size of a normal horse.

Edited by McDude
  • Brohoof 1

I also recall someone using the 8 foot tall candy cane from Hearth's Warming Eve as a measuring stick.

Whose feet?

Even on Earth there are multiple different measurements of feet. Napoleon, for instance, was measured as 5'2" in ancient French feet, which today would be more around 5'4".

Furthermore, what measurement of that candy cane is 8 feet? From its base to the top of its arch? From the ground up, including its angle? Or the entire length including around the hook?

Edited by Lucky Shot
  • Brohoof 2

When I imagine I'm with ponies, I imagine them to be about 3.5 feet tall, 2.5 feet long, and1.25 feet wide. This is approximate, though. The ponies in my imagination may not be proportionally accurate. (They are most likely not, actually.)

Whose feet?

Even on Earth there are multiple different measurements of feet. Napoleon, for instance, was measured as 5'2" in ancient French feet, which today would be more around 5'4".

Furthermore, what measurement of that candy cane is 8 feet? From its base to the top of its arch? From the ground up, including its angle? Or the entire length including around the hook?

I recall hearing about it in

if you're interested.

Whenever I think of how tall the characters would be in real life, I imagine them being about 3 or 4 feet tall.

...They small.