Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does Rarity know any other spells?

TheMarkz0ne

Other than standard unicorn levitation and her ability to find gems. Is there any type of spell she can do? Transfiguration perhaps? I don't even remember her doing anything else. She may know defense magic and how to shoot regular spell shots. 

Most likely, though not a large arsenal of them, I'm sure. We just haven't seen opportunities where she'd use them. Just like we haven't seen any other unicorns doing much magic, aside from Trixie, or the flim Flam bros.

She may or may not know how to shoot lasers, depending on if you view the comics as canon. Though, that seems to almost be ubiquitous along the lines of telekinesis.

She can play checkers with the weather:

Yeah, but that could very well have been only due to her having Dash's cutie mark grafted onto her, since cutie marks have a magic of some sort.

She may or may not know how to shoot lasers, depending on if you view the comics as canon. 

She also used them in Do Princesses Dream of Magical Sheep.  And that gives me cause to wonder if all unicorns can make use of this basic spell.  They all use levitation, can generate light from their horns and most have a spell relating to their special talent.  Maybe the magic beam is another one that comes standard with a unicorn.

She can play checkers with the weather:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYpKluFi-HM

How do you know that it's not chess? Cloud chess! (Patent pending). Hehe. I'm funny. Anyway, now for the actually question. Most likely, I mean, what's the point of magic if you can't do much with it? In Harry Potter, nobody uses every spell they know, but we don't doubt they know more.

How do you know that it's not chess? Cloud chess! (Patent pending). Hehe. I'm funny. Anyway, now for the actually question. Most likely, I mean, what's the point of magic if you can't do much with it? In Harry Potter, nobody uses every spell they know, but we don't doubt they know more.

The same reason you can't lift lift 1000 kg, despite your body can be trained to do so.

The same reason you can't lift lift 1000 kg, despite your body can be trained to do so.

That's not what I mean. I mean that Rarity most likely knows and can use more spells, she just hasn't on screen.

Spike: Twenty-five, Twilight. Twenty-five different kinds of tricks and counting. I thought unicorns were only supposed to have a little magic that matches their special talents!

Twilight Sparkle: True, for ponies whose talents are for things like cooking or singing or math. But what if a unicorn's special talent is magic?

• Brohoof 2

She used to have the spell to transform things to be more fancy but that took control of her and Spike had to erase it from her mind by destroying the book she learned from. 

Most spells she knows are for her talent. Lighting up the stage, telekinesis for tailoring, and finding gems.

Edited by cider float

Personally I don't think most unicorns know that many spell's with a few exceptions but even then twilight only knows so much because she has been learning since as long as she can remember and her cutie mark is all about that magic. Hell Trixie is considered above average and we don't see her know that much either(not including though magic artifacts)

She also used them in Do Princesses Dream of Magical Sheep.  And that gives me cause to wonder if all unicorns can make use of this basic spell.  They all use levitation, can generate light from their horns and most have a spell relating to their special talent.  Maybe the magic beam is another one that comes standard with a unicorn.

I have to question that because all the other fights Rarity has been she has always used just her two hooves until that dream. For now I only consider her able to do that only because it was her dream.

And there hasn't been many unicorns that do shoot lasers out of their horns. None of the background unicorns ever shot beams out of their horns. So I assume unicorns that have a talent based on trade matters do not shoot lasers out of their horns. The four alicorns could shoot beams out of their horns because they have more magic power and a degree of knowledge to it. 

Edited by cider float

Well yes, but that was in a dream world, so its not confirmed that she can do that Normally or could only do that because the dream world's capabilities allowed her to do so, not unlike her stitching up the hole in reality in that dream.

She does it all the time in the comics, but that's also semi-soft canon.

Rarity's talent apparently extends beyond just finding gems and making Dresses to bringing beauty in general or something, so I would imagine her magic basically covers beauty related things. 

She also has a great deal of dexterity and percision when it comes to her Telekinesis, and is able to manipulate a great many objects at once if she needs too.

And she can probably shoot pew pew lasers too.

Edited by M'gann M'orzz