Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Worried about Season 6.

CastletonSnob

The show has improved over time so there is no reason to be worried. Many people here who are dissapointed are probbaly long time show watchers that are getting tired of the show and that is why the show is is no longer fredh for them but I found the show last year so I am still very excited.

That might be it. I've been watching since mid Season 2.

A lot of Season 5 just feels like it's filler and not as good as it used to been. The only real thing that people have cared about for years about and was the only unresolved story was the Cutie Mark Crusaders didn't get their Cutie Marks. That is resolved now, so there really isn't anything that has value to finish now so now they're just trying to stretch this out and add more stuff but the magic is already gone.

Finale today was fan service trash. Even if you ignore the cameos, it felt like there wasn't a sensible moral at the end  like season 4's. No clear sense of direction for season 5's finale. Shame, season 5 has had amazing episodes and it had a bland finale. 

I'm a bit behind with episodes, only just got around to watching Hearthbreakers and Scare Master, but I really liked both of them, and both had a good moral of - it's ok to be who you are and have your own opinions and preferences, even if most others do something different.

Scare master actually had a dual moral, first was that fears can often be irrational, and the thought of trying something that scares you is usually worse than actually going through with it. The second was that once you have tried something new, if you find that it's not really for you, you are still entitled to that opinion even if everyone else thinks it's great. So.. give things a go, but don't be ruled by peer pressure. Overall both episodes were handled with a lot of fun, but could easily have been worthy of a "Dear Princess Celestia"

I've watched seasons 1-4 over the past 6 months, having only been into MLP for about a year, and honestly the ratio of good episodes and not so good, is pretty much even across all the seasons. I can understand why the magic feels like it's gone for someone who's been watching for years though, no matter how good something is, it always starts to feel less special eventually

If S6 turns out to be bad, I hope it's the last season they make. If it's good, I hope there's an S7

Edited by BPCannon

I don't feel anything of that sort. Everything worked out as i had wished it would turned out. :)

Honestly? After watching the Season 5 finale I would have been satisfied if they ended the show here. I'm actually surprised that they're going ahead with a Season 6 as Season 5 had a sense of finality to it. Every villain has been either beaten or fully reformed, Twilight has found her title as princess of friendship, the rest of the mane 6 have accomplished their goals and the crusaders have their cutie marks. Equestria Girls is the only loose end left. Once Sunset Shimmer goes home, everything will be wrapped up.

Edited by The Coffee Pony

It's not the departure of a writer that I'm worried about. It's the morale of the show getting broken by pressure that worries me. That last episode made me feel a little queasy, and I only get that way when I sense a struggle in the background. More than half that episode gave in to violence and felt cliche. The best way I could describe it is that instead of the writers coming up with something truly original from their own mind, the popularity of the show drove them to think about pleasing others instead of their own imagination. The two points where outside pressure was most evident, shows clearly in the beginning and end of this season. I would be pressured into doing what I thought others wanted if I were put into positions like that. 

I am truly afraid that if this continues as it has, the show's morale will falter at the points it is needed most at.

I'll use Pewdiepie as a successful example. He never gave in completely to what others wanted and always stayed true to himself. That's why he has made it so far in his career.

MLP has for a long time, stayed true to itself and been respected for that fact. I could even interpret this episode as a way for the writers to say subconsciously, "must stay unique, must stay unique". It's in the main morale of the story. One known fact, is that a lot of writers put some of them self into their characters (Starlight Glimmer in this case) allowing their stories to come out as more unique and interesting. Lauren Faust, created her own characters, shaped their lives, and poured every dream she's ever had into them, so when these stories run out, no one knows what to do and how to do it. It's this indecisive nature that taints the show and destroys its morale. Until someone with a clear picture in mind like Lauren Faust steps onto the podium, I do not see a bright future for the show.

You know, I really wasn't that worried before the finale, but now I am. 

Depending on what role Starlight will play in the show now, I simply don't have much faith that many of the writers on the staff will integrate her well without making her seem like a seventh wheel. It would take a tremendous amount of skill to do so, and it's skill that I doubt many on the staff possess. 

Furthermore, another thing I forgot to mention, new writers tend to simply play it safe for the most part. They do tend to experiment and divert away from the norm, but oftentimes their efforts simply end up falling flat (look no further than Princess Spike to see what I mean).  AKR has plenty of episodes that are pure writing gold in which you can glean thematic morals and valuable character studies. The only other writer who can really match that is Larson, so I'm sure these types of episodes will be far fewer. And I feel like those are the kind of episodes I'm going to end up missing the most. 

• Brohoof 2

Nah, she might be one of the top writers in the show, but she's not the only one.

I'm not very worried about S6 either, I think it would be a wonderful journey like this season was. Or maybe I'm so satisfied that I don't wanna worry about poneh soon XD 

So long as Starlight doesn't become a Mane 7th I've got nothing to worry about....Good thing my paranoid now has 10+ months to freak the fuck out!  :lol:

Hah, I wouldn't be too sure here though. I'm pretty scared she's going to be the mane seventh and have the premier revolve around her.

Hah, I wouldn't be too sure here though. I'm pretty scared she's going to be the mane seventh and have the premier revolve around her.

Premier revolving around her is a given in my books but I hope it's writing her out into a reoccuring secondary role. Though I would find it hilarious if they literally wrote her out by her writing a note say something like "Hi Twi, going to do friendshippy stuff over in my village, not going to be sticking around for your epic set up quest. See you in 10 episodes! -SG" 

You know, I really wasn't that worried before the finale, but now I am. 

Agree here, in that my sole worries for S6 tend to come from worrying that we're going to have S6 be about shilling Starlight and making her a new main seventh.

The other 5 get little enough time as is and focus in Adventure episodes (they were basically background ponies this episode with it being about twilight and starlight for example), adding in another twilight clone will only take away more focus. (I already saw how that goes with friendship games)

Not worried at all. As long as the plotline is different for each episode, and the lessons are still taught, I'm sure I'll love it as always. :)

Didn't notice really anything wrong at all so far, probably because I always look at the positives... :P