Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do ponies have belly buttons?

PinkiePuffPoo

Yes they do. There are frames from the show I believe that do show them with a belly botton on those rare glimples we see of the ponies from that angle. The one that comes to my mind is when Rainbow Dash crashed through Rarity's roof and immediatly bounced towards the background. I'm 95% sure you see her with a belly button. XD

Wow. You are totally right...

post-2257-0-30531900-1452421104_thumb.jpg

post-2257-0-38507400-1452421135_thumb.jpg

Now that it what I call confirmed by canon!

• Brohoof 5

MLP would be so f***ing creepy if it was scientifically accurate.

I remember hearing about this small dedicated group determined to add genitalia to all ponies by editing the existing episodes. They claim it's not about sexualizing MLPFIM but to make it more anatomically correct. I question how such an edit would add to the show though.

Yes they do. There are frames from the show I believe that do show them with a belly botton on those rare glimples we see of the ponies from that angle. The one that comes to my mind is when Rainbow Dash crashed through Rarity's roof and immediatly bounced towards the background. I'm 95% sure you see her with a belly button. XD

This is something I never noticed. Though unsure if this would count as convenient animation error or intentionally inserted making its use inconsistent.

Unsure if I'm in the minority, but I never understood the particular appeal for navels on ponies. Actually, I think the inclusion of navels on ponies in fan-made images actually make them less appealing to me than without; their inclusion looks far more odd to me than cute.

Edited by Tsaritsa Luna
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...
(edited)

They obviously would since their mammals. And considering they already talk and act like humans, and have abnormal body sizes and shapes for a horse, i'd like to think they would have innie belly buttons.  Credit for art goes to Pabbley

1386790__safe_artist-colon-pabbley_color+edit_edit_rainbow+dash_belly_belly+button_cloud_colored_cute_dashabetes_open+mouth_pony_s.png

Edited by ccb20yes
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2016 at 2:09 AM, Venomous said:

It would also be hilarious because I doubt a lot of bronies would still consider the ponies attractive if they looked like actual horses.

Kind of wondering why this experiment hasn't been done. I've seen "scientifically accurate" takes on Anime characters and Disney Princesses. But when you say "actual horses" you're talking about turning them into what we have on Earth. I don't think even a scientifically accurate Equestrian pony would be so crazy far off from what we actually see. I'll reserve my opinions on whether or not it'd be attractive. I'm definitely not into Mister Ed. :P If there's been a xeno-paleontology project out there focusing on ponies, I'd love to see it. One such interesting question... would the size of their heads push their center of gravity so far forward that they wouldn't be able to stand up?

On questions of birth, I wonder if the whole thing with foals coming out still wrapped inside the embryonic sac is a thing in Equestria. With Earth horses it's like that. Sort of a soft, flimsy egg shell that the foal is still inside of. So after 'birth' it still has to break out of that. TBH it's creepy like something out of the Alien films, but overall is actually far less messy than human birthing.

Edited by bornAgainEquestrian

8 hours ago, R.D.Dash said:

This is kind of silly question because of course they do, unless they were created in the toy factory

Ah so that isnt an outy belly button, its fringe left over from the molding process :P

On 8/12/2018 at 2:58 AM, ccb20yes said:

(Ticles Rainbows belly button.):wub:

Hehehe gosh it would make my heart soar to tickle Dashie. That laugh, that smile. Squeeee.

Edited by bornAgainEquestrian

• 1 year later...
On 1/10/2016 at 11:19 AM, Sunny Fox said:

Wow. You are totally right...

post-2257-0-30531900-1452421104_thumb.jpg

post-2257-0-38507400-1452421135_thumb.jpg

Now that it what I call confirmed by canon!

That is absolutely disgusting! Hasbro shame on you!

• Brohoof 2

• 5 months later...

I'm not the kind of person who goes looking for that kind of thing but I'm sure they do have belly buttons. The same way we got a clear view of Fluttershy's you-know-what in 'Bridle Gossip.' :sealed:

But uh... *looks down at Mane Six plushies and inspects* I haven't seen any belly buttons. :laugh:

• 8 months later...