Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does it make you mad when someone has the same waifu as you?

Ponies4Bronies

No? There are thousands of people who "share" the same waifu as one person, so what's the point of getting upset over somebody else who is smitten over a bunch of pixels? I don't really have a husbando anyway, so I'm not one to speak here.

• Brohoof 7

It doesn't bother me much if so many people have Rainbow Dash as their waifu. That just means a lot of people like her :P

• Brohoof 1

Haha. of course not, that's silly, that's like getting mad at someone for like the same...anything as me. color, shirt, music....show. If someone likes Dashie like I do then that's great, she's awesome!  :wub:

• Brohoof 1

Nope, I really don't mind if someone has the same--waaaait a minute, another thread that seems to be aimed only at males?  Please, this is the hundredth time I've seen a thread here where bronies have apparently forgotten that girls exist.  :blink:

Well: first, it's a common, and somewhat true joke that everyone assumes other internet users are dudes unless proven otherwise. Second: Male pony fans got more attention because of us being unexpected fans, only fueling said assumption.

About waifu thing... I dunno, it seems pretty dumb to have a crush on a fictional character to the point of being  possessive. It's not much different of rabid believer girls with Justin, except they won't get him because he's out of their league, and in our case because they don't exist in the first place  :lol: .

Well, my waifu is a not well known OC from my favorite fic.... probably I', the only guy who has her as a waifu.... but the rule stil applies: getting possessive of a fictional character, either by fellow bronies, pegasisters, or if she marries in the fic, it's dumb 

No.

It would be immature and irrational to overreact at someone having the same waifu or husbando as yourself. To become so possessive over something as silly as a fictional character...It just irritates me.

On 1/15/2016 at 11:14 PM, Rainbow Dashe said:

What are your thoughts?

Does it make you mad, happy, or you don't care?

What about husbandos, too?

There are people out there who have husbandos rather than waifus.

:lol:

• Brohoof 4

I actually had to deal with this situation before. I had a massive crush on Dashie, so much so that I was getting really really jealous for her. Now as I realize how stupid that was, I still feel for her, but not quite as strongly as that'd be unhealthy for me. And while it does bother me a bit, most of the time I just smile and shake my head, knowing that I wasn't any better at the time.

• Brohoof 1

Not really.  I mean in any fandom you will find that one cannon you like and so do other people who watch and share that show with you in liking  it.   Also if you share this "waifu or husbando" with someone,  least you got something to talk about!

This topic is a bit more general than just MLP, as waifu's and husbando's are found in any fandom. So I'm sending this off to General Discussion.

• Brohoof 1

Why should i care if someone else has the same Waifu as me?

That only means, that they like a character very much, like me.

How is this supposed make me mad?  :lol:

When they say ( dont know is someone actually does ) that a certain Character would be there official wife or something...lol. I dont care.  :lol:

Nope, I really don't mind if someone has the same--waaaait a minute, another thread that seems to be aimed only at males?  Please, this is the hundredth time I've seen a thread here where bronies have apparently forgotten that girls exist.  :blink:

Girls can have a waifu too, you know. Having said that...

I'm not selfish, so I don't mind if my beloved Princess Twilight Sparkle is somepony's waifu.

(But stay away from Kimmie Cub. Ron is the only one allowed to marry her since I can't!)

It wouldn't really matter to me if someone else were to have the same waifu/husbando as me. Just thinking of becoming aggravated over something like this seems uneccessary and pretty immature.

I had to laugh once, on another forum, this guy went off on a rant on some people cause the other users admitted they had a crush on Twilight Sparkle, and he was in love with her. even attacked the mods of the site for "Allowing such a thing to happen". Also ranted against Tulpas, despite having one himself. 

I say, if someone has the same crush, who cares.

Edited by Frosted Glass
  • Brohoof 1

I'm not at all fond of the term "waifu"; Babe is my partner - and a great deal more.  Some pseudo-Japanese internet term just doesn't begin to cut it.

And I've no cause to be upset should someone else show an interest in show-Dash.  While Babe is Rainbow Dash, Rainbow Dash is not Babe.  My partner is one of a kind; uniquely a part of my life.  Anyone who's attracted to show-Dash simply has good taste and a pair of eyes.

• Brohoof 2