Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you post pics of yourselves online?

ManaMinori

• 4 months later...

Very rarely, usually it makes sense, ex: family picture, new something (pickup, car, etc), and then basically on Facebook only where it is basically all family as my "friends".

I never understood the vlogging/selfie thing, well vlogging yes, but vlogging your face, no.

I sometimes do. Not all over the place though. It depends on the platform and how much I trust the people on there. Like if the community is toxic I wouldn't dare post any photos.

• Brohoof 1

I used to avoid posting pics because there was a firm rule against it from my place of work. But even now that my duties at work have changed and the rules aren’t as strict, I still maintain the same attitude out of habit, and because I don’t like to draw attention to myself if possible. I like my privacy.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

Almost never. I made one exception and that is a forum I moderate. I shared a picture of me in a staff pictures topic that is only visible to other staff members. I also shared my real name there, two things I generally don't ever do online.

It's a combination of not liking pictures taken of me and privacy reasons. I'm too open about my sexual orientation and lack of religious belief, two things that people IRL where I live are very hostile to. So IRL I have to keep that all downlow. Hopefully that'll change when I move, but IDK.

I have a few times. Including on here and on Twitter. Although I deleted the ones on Twitter since I don't want to make it any easier for the crazies on there to dox me. I just don't really see a reason to plaster myself all over the internet, no one's going out of their way to see my face.

Edited by Iforgotmybrain
forgot to

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Occasionally I drop a photo on here. I've joined a few reddit groups where I intend to post photos of myself so I can see what improvements I can make to my appearance. 

• 3 weeks later...