Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Do you do a lot of online shopping?

Member Berry

I'd say about 90% of my shopping is done online  :P I now have an Amazon Prime account as I buy so bloody much off there. I'm also one of those annoying people who bid on Ebay at the last second.

• Brohoof 2

I used to, now I'm trying to not get a paypal for as long as possible since I know I'll probably try spending more than I can afford at the moment.

• Brohoof 1

I used to, now I'm trying to not get a paypal for as long as possible since I know I'll probably try spending more than I can afford at the moment.

I'd probably have a crap load of savings if it wasn't for paypal >.> 

I'd probably have a crap load of savings if it wasn't for paypal >.> 

There's so many things I want to buy~.  Nowadays I just buy a gift card to try and limit how much I buy lol.

• Brohoof 3

I used to buy tons online when I lived in a small town in the middle of nowhere. There was no other choice. So now that I live in a huge city, I shop online far less. I still enjoy the convenience of not having to get in the car and drive across town, but for some things like clothes, it's always better to buy them in person when I can try them on first. :grin:  And sometimes I don't feel like spending time looking for hard-to-find stuff and collectibles that I can just find on eBay at a glance. 

• Brohoof 2

I'm not a huge online shopper, but there are some things I look for online that simply aren't available anywhere else or are (for me, here in Canada) tremendously cheaper than if I were to buy them retail. My usual rule is to buy from as close to the source as possible because that is usually the best price, and if that means ordering directly from the manufacturer online, that's what I do.

For example, a few years ago, I bought an England national soccer team shirt to wear during the World Cup. It was available at some local shops, where I could buy it and wear it right away, but instead, I ordered it online, from the Football Association, in England. Even with shipping, handling, customs fees, import duties, taxes and the exchange rate, my shirt was still fifty dollars cheaper than if I had walked into a local store and bought it.

• Brohoof 1

i'm really stingy with my money

yes, when i get it i actively go looking for stuff to buy, but that will often take me hours

it's not because of the variety and my limited funds, it's the fact that there's very little worth actually spending money on that I don't already own

and generally speaking, everything i want that i DON'T own is far out of my price range

I do most of my shopping online because it is almost always cheaper than buying it in a brick and mortor.

I just bought a brand new Nikon D3300 for like 200 less than what they are at walmart

• Brohoof 1

Hm. Depends. Anything that isn't perishable, or needed the same day ... I will at least price it online. 

• Brohoof 1

I like to browse online a lot on Amazon, not so much eBay anymore. Even still, I don't do a ton of online shopping, usually because I am limited on funds. If I do though it is always on Amazon as they make it super easy to do. Amazon is awesomeness defined.

• Brohoof 1

I think it is important to buy local whenever possible.

i buy things from local shops even if it is more convenient to buy them online.

I really like my comic shop, and i'd rather given them my business than give it to a huge corporation.  i already given enough business to amazon anyways for things that I can't get locally. 

• Brohoof 1

Most of it. It's still a smart idea to shop by hand once in a while. Here's an example -- i ordered groceries online in Friday. Well, most of what i ordered got here fine, but the ground beef smelled weird and i believe it got spoiled. After a chat with the store manager i got a refund, but, you know... it's just one of those things that makes you angry.

• 2 months later...

I buy a lot of stuff online because it's so easy to find everything. Occasionally I'll go into the city to buy something if I know they carry it, but otherwise I just order online.

Every chance I get. All my shopping is done online. I'm way too lazy to get up and go to retail stores. Why do that when you have the whole selection of products on one domain? :P