Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What MLP episode would NOT make one become a brony?

cider float

Slice of Life since you already have to be a fan to understand the references; any outside viewer would just think it was a bunch of stupid, random nonsense. As a fan, I didn't enjoy it that much, myself.

Edited by Makazi
  • Brohoof 5

Baby cakes (yes, I'm gonna bash on the episode everypony has already bashed on many times) doesn't show what the show really showed, if you understand what I just said, I think episodes that weren't as character based and more... cheap comedy were the bad ones, because we all love our colourful gals ^^ and if they ain't "the gals with love" then it feels weird. I think if they were to become a person who watches mlp then some comedic bits go well, but in my view a brony is seperate from a person who watches it by the emotional connection to the characters, but that's just me, and I am the iron silly pony! but my episodes to show to non-bronies are always from season one, you gotta see the characters from the start to the finish and look and how they've grown and it makes it feel so much more special

Edit: seeing Slive of life mentioned actually does make sense, the references they made were very brony based

Edited by madjack2001
  • Brohoof 1

Could be any episode, it all depends on the viewer. I suppose the ones that'd be most likely to not spark someone's interest would be the fanservice ones, like Slice of Life.

I am speaking only for myself.....since there is honestly no real answer to cover everyone in the universe because each person is different and it depends on their perspective of each episode.

For me....had I watched Daring Don't first before all episodes....I would have carried on with no desires to see the rest. It wasn't a BAD episode at all. It was just boring for me. Same for "Princess Spike"

• Brohoof 1

The one with Troubleshoes. Sorry I keep forgetting the name of the title. But it's just so incredibly boring to me. The only thing I found mildly interesting about it was that Troubleshoes sounded kinda like Harold from Fallout.

Just my opinion, however.

• Brohoof 2

That's based on the person's subjective view on what they like in good TV. Some might not get a lot of the references in Slice of Life or understand the deep themes in Suited for Success and think it's just about dresses. Again, depends on their interests.
  • Brohoof 1

For anyone who is new to the show, I feel any episode from S1-S3 to be watched firsthand is a MUST; S4 could be watched in between; S5 must be watched afterhand. This way, they can velve deeper and understand the pony world, rather than viewing it as random filler episodes;

The one with Troubleshoes. Sorry I keep forgetting the name of the title. 

It's Appleloosa's Most Wanted =)

• Brohoof 1

It depends on their tastes. Even an episode that's objectively average or good may not convince them to be a brony.

For me, it's Bridle Gossip, Owl's Well That Ends Well, The Mysterious Mare Do Well, Dragon Quest, One Bad Apple, The Crystal Empire, Rainbow Falls, or Princess Spike. Each of them contain at least one component that legitimately offends me.

If it's their first episode, then I would say any Rarity episodes.

Now we all know that Rarity episodes are usually quite good, but they revolve around fashion so often that they might bring out the stereotype people are expecting.

And any Spike episode really. Those usually suck.