One thing that is bad about the show.

n00bUltima

The show has a tendency for when they're going to state a lesson of how Friendship doesn't always solve every issue like Pinkie Pie learning not to bug Cranky Doodle too much in the episode 'A Friend in deed', or how not everyone has to be your friend in the episode Maud Pie, they always pull a heel turn and have them be friends even if the situation doesn't call them for it.

• Brohoof 8

The show's got way too many mushy speeches and not enough action.

• Brohoof 4

Dolemite2.gif.1f535b74ff05826ca7dd78c9e5ec1078.gif                                                                              

This is such a stupid one, but.. episode titles. Most of them are either puns, pop culture references, or both. It was cool at first, but now they get annoying. Come on writers, be original!

Also, the show has a lot of interesting characters that the writers don't seem to know what to do with. It bothers me that these characters haven't gotten much character development or even their own episode.

• Brohoof 4

hello

The show is bad at portraying non-ponies. Griffons, dragons, yaks, etc.

It also fails at having good male characters.

Thirdly, I felt the show missed some opportunities in S5. They could have used the map episodes to pair up two members of the Mane Six who don't interact as much, such as Fluttershy and Applejack, or Twilight and Rainbow Dash. Instead, we get Rarity and Applejack, which has already been done to death.

They also missed the opportunity to show us more about non-ponies. But we only got more info on griffons, and 2 more pony civilizations.

Edited by VG_Addict
  • Brohoof 3

The drawing Style is pretty bad.

They are some Characters that just look weird, like Twilights Brother or...i guess he was called Braeburn or something. They just have strange Faces.

Also a few perspectives just look either strange or ugly. Chrysalis and Nightmare Moon are the worst. And there Legs sometimes bent in the most strangest ways.

I know, i know, simplistic Flash Cartoons seem to be the future of Animation...and i hate it.

If the big Movie also looks completely like the show, im not gonna watch it.

Im not supporting Flash Cartoons anymore. But sadly even Dc Comics jumped onto the Flash train...i really miss traditional Animation, or Animation Styles with a little bit more effort put into them.

The Drawing Style of G4 is cute and the Animation fluid, yes i see that. But...even the Fans can make better Animations and Hasbro are the ones that get all the money...it seems like for todays standards, many Companys just want to produce Animations as cheap as possible, to get the most profit...and then those Shows get nominated for best Animation or something...thats just wrong.

In my Opinion at least.

Signature.png.dfe30e494cadddd2f98e87ea7e3841eb.png

Sig made by Kyoshi

my biggest complaint about the show is the inconsistency of time they take on developing things. ether they

A. take to much time to develop a story plot that it becomes boring and drawn out (the big culprit of this was the whole season dedicated to the rainbow power build up a season or so ago)

or 

B. they don't take enough time to fill out a story plot well and it ends up feeling rushed. (the worse culprit of this was the twilight alicorn revile witch should have been at least 2 episodes at the very least but was done instead in one ) 

It's more of a personal gripe than something truly bad about the show, but I absolutely hate the word 'everypony'. Regular words like everyone or everybody work equally well on ponies as they do on humans; it's not like we go around saying 'everyhuman' either.

• Brohoof 1

All these reformations coming completely out of the blue.

Starlight Glimmer's was the worst out of all of them.

• Brohoof 2

img-30506-1-img-30506-1-GTnfBvk.png

Signature and profile picture made by yours truly.  :P

Ponies wearing human cloth.

OH GOSH! WHO HAS DECIDED PONIES WILL LOOK NICE IN PANTS?

Svengallop.png

In the beginning of the show everything was nice. Ponies wore neat saddles and capes.

Saddles have not much sense but it's very conceptual.

What happened?

I don't really like how all the reformations are so quick. It's good that they're there, but they're just so rushed. Of course, they don't really have any options there, they need to fit it in 20 minutes or so, and there isn't really room for a long sensible reformation.

It's a shame, but there isn't really any good way of countering this, so it's alright.

• Brohoof 2

img-30973-1-img-30973-1-lR5m9jk.png

Awesome signature by FallenTrench

People think my soul is filled with grey, but it's actually filled with rainbows!

Hmm.. just one.. That's tricky to think of.. Hmm.. :huh:

Lack of male characters?

There are only a few seen..

And even fewer with a voiced role..

I could think of more, but I'm too tired right now.. :P

• Brohoof 1

1. The general lack of good male characters.
  2. The show's generally awful handling of characters with anxiety disorders and mental illnesses.
  3. *The decrease of Slice of Life stories.
  4. My Little Pony: Racism is Magic The questionable undertones of episodes that feature non-pony characters, excluding Zecora's post-Bridle Gossip appearances and most episodes featuring Spike.
  5. The portrayal of Discord post-"redemption".
  6. *Color schemes and designs of certain ponies.
  7. The unreasonable lack of a single Princess Celestia episode.
  8. Starlight Glimmer post-The Cutie Remark.
  9. How Derpygate was unprofessionally handled.
  10. Spike in general.

* = Minor complaint.

Edited by Edgeworth1001
  • Brohoof 2

creative but lazy

1. The general lack of good male characters.
  2. The show's generally awful handling of characters with anxiety disorders and mental illnesses.
  3. *The decrease of Slice of Life stories.
  4. My Little Pony: Racism is Magic The questionable undertones of episodes that feature non-pony characters, excluding Zecora's post-Bridle Gossip appearances and most episodes featuring Spike.
  5. The portrayal of Discord post-"redemption".
  6. *Color schemes and designs of certain ponies.
  7. The unreasonable lack of a single Princess Celestia episode.
  8. Starlight Glimmer post-The Cutie Remark.
  9. How Derpygate was unprofessionally handled.
  10. Spike in general.

* = Minor complaint.

You don't like how Spike is portrayed?