Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are your favorite video game soundtracks?

Saroth

There are soooooo many good ones to choose from. Tough choice. 

One that is definitely up there for me is the soundtrack for Child of Light. The music for that game is absolutely stunning. Beautiful and also epic. 

The Uncharted 2 soundtrack is also really good. Then there is Final Fantasy IX, Megaman X, Donkey Kong Country 2, and at the moment I am having trouble of thinking of others, but I will add more as they come to me. 

I love ambient soundtracks that invoke feelings related to the game, immmersing you into the action. The mystery of wandering through a towering forest, the adventure of exploring a new city, the unease of not knowing where the next enemy is, the calmness of staring into the sunset, the intensity of a firefight. Games that manage to do this very well tend to be some of my favorites, such as:

• 3 years later...

There are a ton of games that I think have brilliant soundtracks, but these are probably my favourites.

• Metal Gear Solid 2 
  • God of War 
  • Crash Twinsanity
  • Kingdom Hearts
  • Undertale
  • Skyrim

Haven't played any Final Fantasy games, but I know they're supposed to have great music as well. 

Megaman X, Final Fantasy VIII, and Medal of Honor Frontline are still my all time favorites but over the years Transformers Devastation's soundtrack has quickly been making it's way up there, making it at least a top 5 favorite OST

My favorite soundtrack has to be from the Japanese or European version of "Sonic CD" for Mega CD, released in 1993. One of those "I heard it once back in 1993 on the release day, as a kid, with wide eyes open and drooling from mouth, I never stopped listening to this day. The quality is of another level from anything before, and actually there are very little after that come close to the quality. I am not just talking about the music, but the quality of it. If one has to listen to it, lossless is the way to go (listening to the actual CD tracks), as MP3/Youtube etc destroys the quality (take original Mona Lisa and save as a low quality JPEG as an example).

"Sonic CD" the U.S. version for the Sega CD changed the soundtrack completely to better suit the U.S. market. So basically, that is not the music I am referring to. "Sonic CD" for PC has the U.S. sound track, and "Sonic CD" from 2011 has the choice to play the Japanese soundtrack, but of course it is MP3 quality, no neigh (no in horse language)!

• Brohoof 1