Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Which Is Your Favorite Pokemon Game?

Venomous

Pokemon Snap it was pretty much the first Pokemon game that had the player doing something Pokemon related that did not have anything to do with fighting or battles. Just exploring and taking photos. Still love it.

First game was Pokemon Yellow.

• 2 years later...

My favourite Pokémon game is Platinum. Love the landscape of Sinnoh and all the new Pokémon that were added. Seriously hope it gets the remake treatment sometime soon.

My favourites are Heart Gold/Soul Silver as they felt like the most complete games to me with 2 regions to explore and 16 gyms. Have always been quite fond of the Johto region as the original Gold was my first pokemon game but I felt the remakes really improved on some of the flaws of Gold/Silver such as Kanto lacking content in the postgame.

I'm also particularly fond of Pokemon Colosseum and XD Gale of Darkness as I think the Orre games are generally underated and the gameplay and story are a unique spin on the pokemon formula.

Main Series? By far, Pokémon Diamond. Among the most important games that I have ever played, and one of the only games I've ever bought new (I was still rather poor in those days). Almost everything about this game is... impeccable. Even with the frame lag issue the game has, it is up there with the best games of all time. Everything was just so perfect (With the exception of Stealth Rock... Ugh)... If only I was still 10 years old...

Spin-off? Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2. Another game ripped from my GOAT list, this game does everything in its power to impress, and that it does. Fascinating characters, a deep storyline, and phenomenal gameplay make this an absolutely fantastic game in every respect. I still tear up to this day thinking about some of the ending, and still yearn one day to take the Time version off of my shelves and play it on a brand new 2DS. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2018 at 7:05 AM, AdorbzFangirl said:

Pokemon XY. There's something about this game that really attracts me. I love it so much!

I would say that is my 2ed!   I really like pokemon Moon myself!   

• Brohoof 1

• 7 months later...

I posted on here before, and I still have to say that those two are the main standouts, but I want to also give a mention to Pokémon Black. I think that even though there are a lot of duds in the newly introduced Pokémon, the game itself was constructed really well and there were quite a few of my favorites among them (like Scrafty, Krookodile, Chandelure, and Bisharp). It had a great plot for a Pokémon game, and Plasma has rightfully earned it's spot as my 3rd favorite evil team (yeah only 3rd. It can't surpass Galactic or Skull for me). Not to mention, I think that N is quite literally the best designed character in the games as of yet. 

Pokemon Stadium for the n64 was my favourite.  It was such a fun game to play or watch when my brother brought some of his friends over.  If I have to pick a main game, I’d have to go for Pokemon Ruby!

On 4/25/2016 at 11:29 PM, Azul Maya said:
  • Pokémon Diamond Version

The TV series got me hooked on the game. 

Updating and adding more: PokéPark Wii + Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Let's Go, Eevee!