Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Which Is Your Favorite Pokemon Game?

Venomous

(edited)

Pokemon Black 2 / White 2! Mostly because I had a massive crush on adult Cheren...  :blush:

Then again, I've never played any of the Gen VI games... I'm hoping to finally get a 3DS this summer and if I do, Pokemon Y will be my first game to play!

Edited by Merion

My favorite mainline Pokemon game is still Pokemon Ruby. It's one the few game I actually participated in the contest for, Gen 3 has a ton of my favorite Pokemon in and the secret base was a neat little side activity.

Second favorite would be Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness/Time/Sky. It's nothing like the main games in that it's a dungeon crawler with randomly generated dungeons, but the story is surprisingly engaging and really dark for a pokemon game. Seriously, there's an entire scenario later on involving a never-ending nightmare where the main characters are told that they only way to stop it is to kill themselves, since this is all their fault. And that's not even getting into the main story about preventing the apocalypse. 

My favorite Pokémon game is Explorers of Sky. Aaaahhh, this game... It's my favorite game of all time, actually. The story is so deep, and you can't never have enough of it ! I had such wonderful memory with that game, and after almost 7 years, I'm still playing it frequently. I finished it up to the first ending roughly 30 times, and I'm not exaggerating, I'm in love with this game ! :wub: 

My favorite game from the main series is HeartGold. The 2nd generation is my favorite, and Johto is my favorite region, and most of my favorite Pokémon are in it. I've always loved Crystal, too.

Favorite Pokemon game is Pokemon Yellow as it's the first Pokemon game i got. I thought Pikachu following you around everywhere was very nice, there's a mini Pikachu surfing game to play, introduced the Friendship/Happiness feature, it's closest to the anime and it's the first gen which is my favorite. Yellow started the franchise for me since it's the first region which is revolutionary, special and there was only 151 Pokemon back then. Pokemon games sequels after the first generation felt like they were adding improvements but nothing drastic changed, loved the 8 bit music back then as well.

Second favorite would be Pokemon Crystal. It took everything Red/Blue/Yellow had and made it better by adding Day/Night and Day/Week cycles. There was a lot more to do since you can go back to the Kanto region to challenge the original gyms and Kanto's Elite Four, there was also a new phone feature to battle other trainers again, you now had the option to choose your gender and they added the Battle Tower.

Third favorite is Pokemon Y for the graphics, 3D, new features such as Mega Evolutions, a new Fairy type and character customization.

• 2 weeks later...

Soul Silver was great, it was the first one that I played. After collecting and playing the card games. 

Black/White and Black2/White2 were also very good. I had a lot of fun with those. 

X and Y has got to be my favorite newer generation game. 

I also enjoy Alpha Sapphire, but not nearly as much as I do X and Y.

• Brohoof 1

Pokemon Pearl as it came out around my college years and I spent a ridiculous amount of hours playing it. I had been underwhelmed by Gen III so Pearl was a huge turnaround for me. Also, I will always love Red because it was my first Pokemon experience.

I would have to choose for the Mystery Dungeon series, and my favourite being the Blue and Red Rescue Team games. 

I love the newer ones too with their 3D designs and I can't wait for Sun and Moon tbh.

• 2 months later...
(edited)

Pokemon Black/White.

- Introduced infinite TMs.

- Introduced Hidden Abilities

- Has some of my favorite Pokemon characters in it, like N, Ghetsis and Elesa.

- Actually very interesting and intriguing plot, with more than a few plot twists I was genuinely impressed by. These being N being the king of Team Plasma (i thought it was obvious he was a member, but didn't expect him to be the leader), Ghetsis being the biggest asshole ever created, and you and N being the heroes of the dragons. There were a few other welcome surprises as well, such as Caitlin from DPP being a member of the Elite Four, Cynthia, the first gym having three leaders, etc.

- On another note, Team Plasma had a rad theme and pretty understandable motivations on the surface. 

- Introduced Triple Battles, and to a lesser extent Rotation Battles

- Allowed the player to battle the E4 in any order, which is great because I can get the pushovers out of the way before going onto the more difficult ones.

- Don't lie, the N battle at the end where both of your dragons one-on-oned at the start was badass. You actually got to fight the other half of the legendary duo, which was really cool.

- Sprite animations.

Second favorite would be Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness/Time/Sky

Those games were my childhood. Really got me into storytelling. Ending makes me cry every time. Gameplay's fun too. Grovyle and Celebi still hold a special place inside my heart, and so does Dusknoir after the last special episode. These games are so underrated >_<

Edited by Shift
  • Brohoof 1

Pokemon Stadium and Pokemon Stadium 2 because the announcer in those games is too hyper and funny, especially when a 1HKO move or a damaging attack hits.

I like Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness for Shadow Lugia and look awesome. Shadows are cool addition but I wish it became a thing in the main pokemon games.

Overall my favorite is Pokemon Stadium

Pokemon stadiums 1 & 2. Really get's to the basics of what the franchise is about. Heck, Stadium 1 is still in my N64

Unless we're talkign about all Pokemon games. Then my favorite would be the card game. I was even involved in a league. Won all sorts of badges. 

Pokemon Sapphire and Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time are my personal favorites. Pokemon Sapphire was great because I spent so much time with my bro trying to do things like catch a Feebas together on that one really long river (it took so long to do that I even caught a Shiny Carvanha BEFORE I found a Feebas :lol: ) and remembering the specific paths to take for Rayquaza's Tower and the final Gym to not fall over. That game really let me and my older brother bond, and I'd say we finished it between us 8 or 9 times! 

Explorers of Time holds a special place for me, too, though, as it was one of the only games where I came *this* close to full-on crying, to put this into perspective, I NEVER cry during movies or games, so just getting misty eyed really says something. I had played Red Rescue Team before Explorers of Time and really liked it, but in my opinion Explorers of Time had the better story, and the music, especially Primal Dialga's theme, is incredible. The sense of adventure was great, too, with there being plenty of post-game content!  :squee:

• 2 weeks later...

I could never pick a favorite. Too many memories from all of the games. Played the originals as a kid along with Gen 2, Gen 3 and 4 I put the most time into probably with Firered and then Diamond and later Platinum. Impossible to pick a single favorite game

Pretty much always the latest one for me, so right now it's Omega Ruby. :P

I have the fondest memories of replaying the original Ruby and Leaf Green over and over again though, and Gen 5 had most of my current favorite Pokémon introduced... hard to choose!:o

The first one I owned was Yellow, but I had played a lot of Blue as my friend had it on his gameboy (before I had mine, I saved up and bought one specifically for Pokemon XD).

But I got Silver pretty much on release, and I'd say that is was my favourite experience of the lot as it was an entirely new adventure, with new Pokemon, that I got to experience in its entirety from the beginning! As others have said, the day and night system (I never understood how it worked, it never occurred to me there might be a battery in the cartridge itself lol), breeding and the two regions really added to the game imo.

That said, I got Pearl when I first went to uni, and three of my flatmates also had either Pearl or Diamond, and it was an absolute blast racing each other to the Elite Four and then battling our teams against one another - very good memories!

Last year, I picked up Omega Ruby, and again (even though I didn't have anyone to play it with) had it was just as good as ever, so am waiting for Sun/Moon to come out to start all over again :D.

The first Pokemon game I got was Crystal, though I liked Diamond/Pearl/Platinum the most. HeartGold/Soulsilver were pretty good too. 

But then again...all my favorite Pokemon are in Gen V...