Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would make you NOT like a Guardians of Harmony series?

Slashy

Since pretty much everything I can imagine seems pretty awesome or silly. Even when Rarity fans get upset at the real possibility that she will be turned into a damsel for Spike to rescue again and again.

Hey maybe she can become a princess to make the metaphor more obvious.

To be honest, by the way it looks and sounds like, i won't like it already.

Hasbro tries to cater to one audience, which is the boys to sell their freaking toys to, while they turn this into another generic action show. Friendship is Magics was a success because it could speak to everybody, not just to a certain age group and i loved it for the characters personalities.

I think i will not like it and i will probably not follow it.

• Brohoof 3

Hasbro tries to cater to one audience, which is the boys to sell their freaking toys to, while they turn this into another generic action show. Friendship is Magics was a success because it could speak to everybody, not just to a certain age group and i loved it for the characters personalities.

Well duh, they turned it into an action series rather than marketing MLP like it was a silly Nintendo franchise.

Well duh, they turned it into an action series rather than marketing MLP like it was a silly Nintendo franchise.

I don't know what you're trying to tell me.

But all i can say is, it's just my opinion. If you like it, have fun. :)

- If it means taking resources from the show proper...then no. We already got them trying to work between both the show and EQG, and besides the fact that I rather like the latter and me not seeing Hasbro ending the series any time soon, I don't want the staff to have to work between three projects

- From what I've seen from Guardians of Harmony, I feel like it'd just be FiM trying way too hard to be dark and serious and edgy. I mean, if they can give a good balance of action and goofiness like Transformers Animated or Megas XLR then sure, otherwise, I'd rather not

• Brohoof 2

I don't know what you're trying to tell me.

But all i can say is, it's just my opinion. If you like it, have fun. :)

Kirby and Mario have very similar tones to MLP in both world and character design.

Would you rather MLP stay a slice of life show?

Would you rather MLP stay a slice of life show?

I always thought that the best MLP episodes where the Slice of Life stuff, combined with the character interactions.

I rather take 5 minutes of Twilight Sparkle, interacting with Rainbow Dash in Testing Testing 1, 2, 3, then 10 minutes of fighting ponies.

• Brohoof 1

I always thought that the best MLP episodes where the Slice of Life stuff, combined with the character interactions.

I rather take 5 minutes of Twilight Sparkle, interacting with Rainbow Dash in Testing Testing 1, 2, 3, then 10 minutes of fighting ponies.

What if GoH had an equal balance of Slice of Life and adventure?

The very conception of Guardians of Harmony just screams "trying too hard." 

Yeah, let's just go ahead and take the show we love, drop the themes of friendship, and replace it with a ton of pointless action and violence because this is clearly the ONLY way we can get boys to buy ponies. 

The very conception of Guardians of Harmony just screams "trying too hard." 

Yeah, let's just go ahead and take the show we love, drop the themes of friendship, and replace it with a ton of pointless action and violence because this is clearly the ONLY way we can get boys to buy ponies. 

What makes you think it won't have themes of friendship?

What if GoH had an equal balance of Slice of Life and adventure?

The regular show already has that. Making GoH both redundant and a huge waste of resources

Yeah but making GoH simply just FiM with a little more adventure would still just make it redundant. Besides the point of the toys is to have more of an action/adventure flair to it, if there ever was a show, it'd just be that

Realistically speaking, an entire series based on this line can't happen seeing as it's too alienating to its core audience. FIM does have a considerable male fanbase, but it's not nearly enough to justify that kind of investment. I could MAYBE see it working if it focused on stallions and not the Mane Six or the alicorn princesses. Otherwise, no.

At best, they can only shoehorn these concepts into a two-part season finale where there's a major conflict involved, and the result wouldn't really be all that different from other two-parters. I can't see it being any worse than the Rainbow Power ponies at least. As stupid as THOSE toys were, they managed to take the designs and work them into a story that's arguably the best in the entire franchise.

If they know how to balance the action and goofiness and keep the personalities of characters intact it's all good for me :)

If not, I'll probably watch anyway, since I have pretty low standards.

Since pretty much everything I can imagine seems pretty awesome or silly. Even when Rarity fans get upset at the real possibility that she will be turned into a damsel for Spike to rescue again and again.

Hey maybe she can become a princess to make the metaphor more obvious.

Where's the source for Rarity being demoted to damsel in this series? She's already proven herself to be well beyond damsel status with her martial arts prowess and her manipulative tendencies. 

What would make you NOT like a Guardians of Harmony series?

Well, going to address this question. If they Go the Friendship games route (or more or less the route they're currently going) and have it be about the other five standing around as either Power batteries or a cheer squad while Twilight (or a twilight clone) god modes.

I don't want this to be like Goku in DBZ with everyone else utterly useless; If you're going to give us an action series I want something akin to power ponies where all six contribute and are meaningful. This is more or less impossible at this point due to Twilight being an alicorn and having had her magical abilities cranked up to 11 from where she started the series at (Could only teleport a couple times, flubbed spells constantly, ect) with the others basically have a Potential level of "0" for increasing (Unicorn magic= unlimited potential, the other 2 races = more or less grounded, akin to Fighters and Wizards in D&D. Rarity is a unicorn but she's also a fashionista, so her suddenly being super good at magic would be implausible).

The comics run into this problem constantly; Look at Issue 4 for example where Twilight God modes and solos chrysalis while the others stand around and cheer impotently from behind a prison (they didn't even GET to fight before chrysalis just went "LOLNOPE, You must be this powerful to contribute"), or the cattle rustlers arc where The others basically have to beg twilight to fix the problem because they're useless without her.

So pretty much, if they do a guardians of harmony series, I want them to sit down and figure out how to have the other 5 be meaningful and not just being cameos or a cheer squad or power batteries.

Well, going to address this question. If they Go the Friendship games route (or more or less the route they're currently going) and have it be about the other five standing around as either Power batteries or a cheer squad while Twilight (or a twilight clone) god modes.

I don't want this to be like Goku in DBZ with everyone else utterly useless; If you're going to give us an action series I want something akin to power ponies where all six contribute and are meaningful. This is more or less impossible at this point due to Twilight being an alicorn and having had her magical abilities cranked up to 11 from where she started the series at (Could only teleport a couple times, flubbed spells constantly, ect) with the others basically have a Potential level of "0" for increasing (Unicorn magic= unlimited potential, the other 2 races = more or less grounded, akin to Fighters and Wizards in D&D. Rarity is a unicorn but she's also a fashionista, so her suddenly being super good at magic would be implausible).

The comics run into this problem constantly; Look at Issue 4 for example where Twilight God modes and solos chrysalis while the others stand around and cheer impotently from behind a prison (they didn't even GET to fight before chrysalis just went "LOLNOPE, You must be this powerful to contribute"), or the cattle rustlers arc where The others basically have to beg twilight to fix the problem because they're useless without her.

So pretty much, if they do a guardians of harmony series, I want them to sit down and figure out how to have the other 5 be meaningful and not just being cameos or a cheer squad or power batteries.

Well Rarity and Fluttershy are missing probably because they aren't fighters like Spike is.

Well Rarity and Fluttershy are missing probably because they aren't fighters like Spike is.

To my knowledge they plan on releasing GOH toys of the other 6 soon, but they wanted to keep a fairly even Villain to hero ratio going on for the line, and the other 3 would unbalance the line.

Guardians to what now? ...*Goes google.* HOLY FREAKING CRAP THAT LOOKS AWESOME! Did anypony see that Nightmare moon toy? ....and the celestia looks amazing too!

I'm more interested in the chrysalis toy myself.

large.jpg

Still sad that Dash has a no-armor toy though :(

(also, kind of wish they'd ease off the gold armor for the heroes; I know gold is traditionally heroic, but I don't think it harmonizes very well with darker colors like Purple)

Because the reason for why I liked MLP is that it wasn't an action show and more of a slice of life show. It was nice having a decent funny show where the characters got into problems that wasn't solved by punching the bad guy. Okay, maybe you can't say that of the seasons premiers and finals but those where few and far between each other.

But it is nice that they're making action figurines marketed to girls though. 

• Brohoof 1