Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If there is one thing that you don't want the movie to do, what is it?

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

This is a fairly simple question. There is probably at least one major thing that we don't want the movie to do, so if you have something like that, what is it?

If there is one thing I don't want to happen, it is Starlight being the main focus.

• Brohoof 4

Leaving out, writing off, and otherwise killing off major/main characters, especially if it's for the sake of promoting toys. Because it worked out so well the last time Hasbro did that

OptimusDeath.jpg

• Brohoof 3

Reform the main villain of the film.

I know the tile of the show is called Friendship is Magic and all, but at this point the writers are way overdoing the concept of villain redemption.

I am pretty much burnt out of the concept right now.

• Brohoof 9

(edited)

Pandering to the Herd while telling everyone else in the world to screw off like many movies based on cartoon shows/anime (and, okay, some live action ones) do...

Just because they put the fans first doesn't mean it can't/shouldn't be accessible to casual moviegoers.

Edited by Jangocoolguy
  • Brohoof 1

Leaving out, writing off, and otherwise killing off major/main characters, especially if it's for the sake of promoting toys. Because it worked out so well the last time Hasbro did that

sig-4520194.OptimusDeath.jpg

Hey now! I adored that film. Saw it in the theaters and so many feels regardless of Hasbro's intention and eventual back peddling. I still think the film is superior to the Bay versions ... by far.

I don't want them to pander to the adult fandom outside of very subtle references. Not with this film. I think the focus should be on making a movie that is as accessible as possible.

• Brohoof 3

Hey now! I adored that film. Saw it in the theaters and so many feels regardless of Hasbro's intention and eventual back peddling. I still think the film is superior to the Bay versions ... by far.

I don't want them to pander to the adult fandom outside of very subtle references. Not with this film. I think the focus should be on making a movie that is as accessible as possible.

lol I liked the movie too, I'm just saying that business practice wasn't the best idea :P

• Brohoof 1

One thing i dont want to happen is the status quo being reached by the end of the movie. A movie is supposed to have greater action and consequences and if everything ended up exactly as it started i would be horribly disapointed.  

Reform the main villain of the film.

I know the tile of the show is called Friendship is Magic and all, but at this point the writers are way overdoing the concept of villain redemption.

I am pretty much burnt out of the concept right now.

SERIOUSLY, THIS.

heck, one of the reasons chrysalis is so popular is because she ISN'T some random moe that just needs friendship to see the light :/

Well, While I think transformers the movie handled it poorly, Killing optimus prime is one of the best things to have ever happened to the series, IMO.

Yes, it was badly done in order to shill in a replacement scrappy that everyone loathed, and Yes, it scarred many, many little kids. But Optimus's sacrifice and subsequent ressurection is one of the things that make the series so Successful, as its a very time honored and useful event in the series to show us just how committed optimus is to protecting others and what he's willing to do, as well as providing some serious Ass kicking whenever he returns (Hey, Flight mode godmoding is always fun :P:D)

One thing i dont want to happen is the status quo being reached by the end of the movie. A movie is supposed to have greater action and consequences and if everything ended up exactly as it started i would be horribly disapointed.  

I agree here, but at the same time, I gotta wonder what exactly would we want changed?

Twilight just had her home blown up, so if we destroy her castle it'll seem like a repeat. If you kill off a character (Like Celestia, the obvious choice) you're going to run the risk of traumatizing the little girls. make someone else an alicorn? It could be well done (I mean hell, Sunset shimmer became an alicorn in Friendship games so we already have a precedent there), but you'd best be willing to endure a shitstorm if its badly done.

• Brohoof 3

There are a million ways to change the status quo slightly without upsetting the show balance, merely have a change in scenery, location shift, someone's job changes, someone gets married, the addition of new characters, the limit (but not deletion) of others, shifting of roles around, new powers, new worldbuilding (Which could in itself be limitless), new monsters, threats, the addition of a villian that becomes the primary antagonist instead of being a one or 2 off villian. etc etc. 

There are a million ways to change the status quo slightly without upsetting the show balance, merely have a change in scenery, location shift, someone's job changes, someone gets married, the addition of new characters, the limit (but not deletion) of others, shifting of roles around, new powers, new worldbuilding (Which could in itself be limitless), new monsters, threats, the addition of a villian that becomes the primary antagonist instead of being a one or 2 off villian. etc etc. 

Well, for new powers, we had that with rainbow power or Twilight's power up and that did nothing to change anything :P

We had the table show up, and that's changed virtually nothing as well.

We've had new villains show up, but apart from discord, that's really changed nothing as well.

I'm just skeptical of most of those ideas since the staff has shown a complete unwillingness to actually "change" anything when they do something that small :P

The only real changes to the status quo have been Twilight becoming a princess, Cadence being introduced and made the princess of the crystal empire, and Starlight glimmer joining the cast.

• Brohoof 1

I think your missing other smaller things that have shaken the status qou such as subtle shifts in characters, most notably RD gaining a little humility, Twilight taking on more responsibility, becoming more and more well known, phsyically growing taller, other ponies reactions to discord and the other reformed "villians" even little things like how ponies react to luna have changed over the seasons but its not as easy since they arent big like new villians or something huge like new characters or princesshood. Even just a subtle shift in relashionships changes the status quo it just takes mroe time for it to be noticeble. But they could easily throw that into the show such as time skips, jump aheads, jumping back to show how much things have changed. Changing the status qou doesnt have to be big, it could be as easy as more character involvement like say Luna finally steps up to be a full head of the goverment of equestria letting celestia take a larger role in the show which would be very different such as being able to see more of her character and maybe even *squee* a celestia episode. Or something like that. 

@nightmare muffin

Ew, also double ew. I think its possible to do well in that regard but i would rather not see it due to just how massive it might fail. 

• 1 month later...

My biggest fear seems (thankfully) to be unfounded. I am so glad it isn't going to be CGI! Another fear yet to be addressed? Humans entering Equestria. No. Just no. I do not want that. I love Equestria Girls, and accept that as another reality separate from MLP. I do not want to see humans with ponies though. 

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

My biggest fear seems (thankfully) to be unfounded. I am so glad it isn't going to be CGI! Another fear yet to be addressed? Humans entering Equestria. No. Just no. I do not want that. I love Equestria Girls, and accept that as another reality separate from MLP. I do not want to see humans with ponies though. 

Given how Sony pictures wanted that (ponies meeting humans in the real world) and Hasbro broke with sony pictures, I think we can safely assume it won't happen, Thank god

Edited by Unlikeable Pony
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)

-NOT be an action-packed, beautifully sung, beautifully animated musical adventure. There has to be several times more action and excitement than the entire Equestria Girls series! As much as I liked Rainbow Rocks, the (relative) lack of action in the EG series compared to other animated movies turned me off a bit. Here's more action than the entire first EG:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yyaJDegIUk

Edited by The MegaBrony
  • Brohoof 2

Make the movie into an hour and a half long series of fan service geared towards us only. That's the big one for me.

I also don't want it to be the ending of the show (even though I'm fairly certain it will be, I could be wrong.)

I also hope it doesn't kill off any of the Mane 7 (I include Starlight as the 7th).

• Brohoof 2