Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

science If there is one place in space that you would visit, what would it be?

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

Space is endlessly fascinating. In our galaxy alone there are hundreds of millions of stars, many most likely containing their own planetary systems, with those plans potentially having their own systems as well. With so much potential wonder and mystery, it makes me think of what it would be like to visit at least one of these far away places. Even somewhere in our solar system would be pretty far.

So my question to you all is this: Out of what we know about space, what one place would you love to visit? Provided we had the technology to do so safely of course.

I 'would' pick Jupiter's closest 'famous' moon Io, particularly because it just sounds quite alien compared to most moons or even planets, but also because it is the closest of the more famous moons to Jupiter, potentially allowed us to see that behemoth of a planet at a fairly close distance. The only problem? Io is absolutely littered with tons of volcanic activity. :P However, if I could I would definitely go there. If not there, then Pluto.

• Brohoof 5

Io sounds like Mustafar in real life, and both of those are a big NOPE for me.

I hate to be cliche'd, but I'd want to go to Mars

• Brohoof 3

If humans discover another planet with inhabitable life forms on it in my lifetime, I would definitely be interested in traveling there.

It would be really fascinating to discover and learn about an entirely new culture that we have never seen before,

And especially comparing it to how our cultures work would be just as equally interesting.

Besides that there is always the cliche answer of wanting to explore mars, as well as general curiosity of seeing the stars and cosmos that are found within other solar systems.

Space is both really fascinating and beautiful at the same time.

I would go anywhere and everywhere! Oh boy... if they had a star fleet command I would be the first to sign up!! Star Trek here I come!! lol

But the first place I would want to see up close would be Saturn. It has always been my favorite planet. <3

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Pluto was one of my planets. I wouldn't mind going to visit the poor ex-planet. Though Europa's not entirely out of the question because of what might be potentially beneath its surface.

Edited by Celtore

I'd go to Tattooine. I love warm weather.

But if you're referring to something within our own galaxy, or even solar system, I'd love to see Mars. I know it's not a glamorous choice but I love Mars and would like to prove that there are vast oceans under its surface. I'd love to see it terraformed and made livable to humans. 

Pluto would be fascinating. Not only is it remote and so little is known about it, but because someone trying to make a name for himself declared it a non-planet so now I have made it one of my favorite (official) planets. Yes, it is a real planet. Anyone who says otherwise should be sentenced to spend an afternoon there without a coat. 

• Brohoof 1

I would pick a potentially habitable planet like Kepler 186-f or whatever it's called. I'd be more interested to see what's there than one of the bodies in our galaxy

• Brohoof 1

Titan looks like a really fascinating place, being the only moon with an atmosphere and methane lakes. The surface is beautiful, looking to be somewhere between that of Earth and of Mars. In the somewhat-distant future, that moon could have commercial potential. I'd mine the hell out of it.

• Brohoof 1

In the Solar System, it would be Ceres. The largest asteroid-turned dwarf planet, containing enough mass to self-gravitate and round itself into a fairly perfect sphere. Mimas is the smallest known moon and object in the system to be self-gravitate and round itself (far less perfectly; at some angles the elliptical shape is a bit more noticeable), and it resembles the Death Star, so that would be interesting too.

Near our Sun, though, has plenty of interesting stars, some less than 20 light-years away. Sirius and Procyon are very notable stars, but unfortunately their habitable zones can't possibly have stable orbits, making life on planets around these stars unlikely. There's Epsilon Eridani and Tau Ceti though, both of which have some promise of extraterrestrial life, which has made both popular locations in sci-fi. We also have a lot of red dwarves to pick from, though, so we can't exclude life from these locations, either.

• Brohoof 1

Sense the universe is infantile that would mean infantile possibilities. So maybe, somewhere in some far away Galaxy. A planet Simular to Equstria might exist. If that's the case I'm going there.

I like earth a lot. I want to stay here. 

But when I think of places in space, Europa comes to mind. That's a moon of Jupiter. Or maybe it's Saturn. I can't remember. That would be cool.

I'm boring, so I would visit our moon. It's a nice, beautiful, and lonely place that would just be the most peaceful thing ever. You even feel less weight than you do on Earth, so you feel more free from gravity. I would totally visit it if you could live there.