Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

When you're just in a mood. How does pony help?

ManaMinori

So after having a great day spent away from irritants, eventually I had to go back to the house, and deal with stress. Stress ball and 2 cups of coffee wasn't helping, so I grabbed Sunset Shimmer off the shelf, and have her close while I do some personal study of the scriptures (while noting just how similar God's will and commandments for humans is very much reflected in modern Equestria, and beneficial to ponies, much in the way the ToH and CH are. But that's for another topic) and I feel myself just slowly coming down from hightened stress levels.

Does pony help when you guys are in a "mood"?

• Brohoof 1

Upbeat tunes, adorable ponies...it just lets me turn off my brain and take in some sugar-coated positivity when I'm down. It's good stuff. (: I'm a fan of cute things and showtunes so MLP just works for me. ♥

• Brohoof 3

Upbeat tunes, adorable ponies...it just lets me turn off my brain and take in some sugar-coated positivity when I'm down. It's good stuff. (: I'm a fan of cute things and showtunes so MLP just works for me. ♥

Exactly! :)

When my close relative passed away, watching FiM kinda helped me through the darkest days.

my best friend is a guy i met through ponies...so when things are bad and i chat with him, that's sort of like ponies helping

MLP is one of the very few things I can turn on anytime and know that it will make me happy. I'm never not in the mood for it, even when I'm sad. I feel like it just always brings me happiness no matter what. It can also calm me down when I'm anxious. It's a soothing, positive show with good vibes.

Collecting pony merch and putting it in my home and workspaces also helps to boost my cheerfulness and lessen my stress :)

(edited)

Losing myself in another world populated by pastel ponies, friendship and magic is a perfect way to drain away the stresses of life. They can inspire, calm and entertain in such a way that everything else just seems insignificant.  :twi: And if they happen to include a nice song as well, so much the better. 

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 1

Eeyup, if I'm feeling down or frustrated, going through my folder of pastel horses certainly helps. I've filled it up with lots of cute, funny and heartwarming pictures, and they definitely help cheer me up. :)

• Brohoof 1

I dunno why but watching some of my favourite ponies go through similar problems as me always helps. And if I'm really down, I'll normally just watch a bunch of Pinkie Pie. Cause Pinkie Pie makes everything better.

• Brohoof 1

It used to help me. Now I only watch the new episodes when they're released. Before I moved, I could just pop in a disc and watch MLP whenever I felt like crap.

Now, I'm just constantly miserable. It doesn't make me feel any happier like it used to. I dunno why. I guess I'm just at a point where I don't want to feel better anymore.

• Brohoof 1

The show helps me in two ways.

First, it serves as a distraction. When I need to escape reality for a while and enjoy something simple and positive, ponies help so much.

Second, it helps me deal with whatever is bothering me. If there's an episode with a problem similar to mine, I can watch it and learn ways to solve my own problem. Sometimes when I'm trying to explain something to a friend or family member, and there's an episode relating to it, I can show them that episode, too, and help them understand what I'm trying to say. For example, my mom is always complaining that I want to be alone instead of hanging out with friends a lot of the time. Therefore, I showed her the episode , A Friend in Deed. In the end when Pinkie explains that some friends like to be left alone, it sort of was an eye opener for me mom. It's kinda sad how she didn't think of that before, but ponies helped anyway.

• Brohoof 1

If i have a bad mood, looking at cute Ponys certainly helps, since it lets me forget our cruel World for a few Moments.

It also helps, that a lot of Users here are pretty nice and pay attention to me^^

Sometimes.

MLP helps me when I see things that remind me about good aspects of my self and of other people. Seeing things like my Ponysona, or Button Mash or Pacific Glow or even Derpy, it makes me feel positive about people and myself. Perhaps not for too long but it still happens at least.

• Brohoof 1

When my stress amalgamation hits me in the face like a bowling ball I turn on an episode and binge watch a season. stress gone immediately!

• Brohoof 1

MLP can certain be very, very helpful to me in certain situations! I'm happy a lot of the time, but ponies can still cheer me up when I need them to. Also... back when I was first becoming a brony, I was deep into the horrors of my schizophrenia, and in a way MLP was like a window into a world where life could be better. It gave me something to hold onto, to make my horrible mental illness at least a little bit easier to live with. Sometimes I would watch Lesson Zero because the way Twilight was delusional with worry reminded me of... me.

Ponies also helped me a lot when I was an inpatient in a psych ward three times in two years. I couldn't watch the show while I was there, but I could do things like color in my pony coloring books, read pony comics, brush some of my pony brushables' manes, make MLP art during art therapy, and wear pony shirts. During my first stay at that hospital I had a Twilight Sparkle picture I printed out taped up by my bed. During another one I had pony art I did taped up around my room. Near the end of one stay I even did a little presentation type thing about the Elements of Harmony during some therapy thing that involved drawing (I drew ponies, of course).

So yes, ponies have helped me a LOT over the years. I don't know how I would have survived without them.

Ponies do help me a bunch when I'm in a bad mood or sad. Watching my favorite episodes is especially helpful because the show is so upbeat that I almost forget all my worries. Sometimes I also go on a G1-themed forum to look at pony photography, because admiring their photos is fun. 

Hugging plush Luna is so very calming.

*blush*

Okay, don't tell folks that.

• Brohoof 1

IMMENSELY so. Whenever I'm depressed or down, I just bring up YouTube and watch some Pinkie Pie clips/songs, and I'm right as rain! There's just something about how bright, cute, and cheerful about it that compensates for my almost-nihilistic pessimism IRL.

It used to help me. Now I only watch the new episodes when they're released. Before I moved, I could just pop in a disc and watch MLP whenever I felt like crap.

Now, I'm just constantly miserable. It doesn't make me feel any happier like it used to. I dunno why. I guess I'm just at a point where I don't want to feel better anymore.

The show doesn't give me the same glee as it used to as well. It's still somewhat entertaining just not amazing like it used to been.

• Brohoof 1