Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Favorite Background Pony?

LyraHeartstrings

POLL DANCING  

293 users have voted

1. 1. Background ponies; which are your favorites?

• Derpy Hooves
    • Vinyl Scratch/DJ PON-3
    • Octavia
    • Doctor Whooves
    • Lyra
    • Bon-Bon
    • Nurse Redheart
    • Minuette
    • Berry Punch
    • Carrot Top
    • Screwball
    • Aloe/Lotus
    • Fleur de Lis
    • Ace
    • Other (please specify)

Octavia is best pony! EVER! It even says so in the Bible!

"In the beginning, God created the heavens, the Earth, and Octavia, who is best pony." Genesis 1:1. :D

Lyra and Bon Bon ^_^ Not for shipping (I don't enjoy shipping) but as best friends! I always think of Lyra as the playful, human obsessed one, while Bon Bon is the calmer one :) Plus their color schemes together are just so CUTE <3

Posted Image

• 2 months later...

...those threads always invite Applejack haters to say their favorite background pony is her, in addition to "jokes" like "why do people always think AJ is underrated, she's the most popular background pony."

Well, I just hope this isn't the case here... :ph34r:

My favorite background ponies are Lyra Heartstrings, Bonbon, and Octavia.

Have to say Derpy..... Because Derpy! There is way to much cuteness right there ;)^_^ ..... I also like Vinyl Scratch & Octavia... probably because I love listening to music..... But yeah Derpy is still # 1 ..... Way to cute not to love :wub:

DERPY!!

because she's is derpy and has all of her fanfiction is really emotional.

she gives me feels

off topic(but I need to know: how do I post images on here? do they have to come from google or can I use ones on my hard drive?)

Click on use the full editor. You will be able to attach file to your post and add them in as well. I often have trouble remembering.

Well, I always loved Derpy and the fact that the MLP staff made her canon made me love her even more (even if she did get censored because of all the stupid people)

But I also love Dr. Whooves, because he got me into Doctor Who and I've seen the first 2 and a half-ish seasons of it so far.

The fact that Derpy is Dr. Whooves's assistant (in that one series anyways) makes me love them both even more. ;D

DJ-P0N3 would probably be a close third just because she's awesome. (And now that I remember, her name was made canon in Equestria Girls :D)

And everypony else is fourth (Not last... FOURTH Posted Image)

I have to say my favorite is Lyra.....I mean first of all i just love the way she looks then there's the fact though non-canonically she has obsession with humans (Though she was sitting on the bench like one)

My runner-up would be Pipsqueak from "Luna Eclipsed" I dunno i just like seeing a normal little colt that wasn't Snips and Snails. I hope we see him in the background more often.

Derpy is my favorite background pony! She's adorable and her fan art and fan videos are so creative and well done. Plus it awesome to know that the fans made her such a popular character.

But I also love Vinyl and Octavia.

Edited by PonyKorra

Mr. Greenhooves.

Not really ordinary choice, but for me he's like dark side of Equestria. No cutie mark, not very kind, not very pleasant, not very smart. But he still part of this world, I cant imagine that it was for him to live his life without cutie mark, he seems to not have any friends, but it's not like he's angry at his life or everypony.

• 5 weeks later...

In my opinion DR Stable is my favorite back round pony. I know he only appears for one episode but i love his character, i love his voice and he was also quire funny. As well as being a cutie XD Posted ImageJust look at him XD hes so cute!

Also a image for Doctor Whooves fans Posted Image

I understand that Derpy, Octavia and Vinyl are very popular, but they just don't do much for me. I'd prefer Ditzy Doo. Silly last minute order to pander to the bronies. http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png

I like Nurse Redheart ("Helloooooooooo, nurse!!") She has a really nice pastel colour scheme, a gentle and kind voice, and she seems really nice, but strong enough to be stern when Pinkie was disturbing the babies. i.e. the perfect nurse.

The other one I voted for is Fleur de Lis, because she is tres elegant, nicely coloured and has a build more like Princess Celestia than anything. But mostly just because of this pose:

post-2257-0-78145400-1350298585_thumb.png

I don't really know why, but this amuses me so much.

Definitely Lyra, but only because of the fandom really (I guess almost every background pony's personality is defined by the fandom).I've just read a lot of fanfic where Lyra has been the main character like, Anthropology or Background Pony.

I choose Derpy, Vinyl, Lyra, Aloe and Lotus. The spa ponies just don't get enough love, they're so cute! Derpy, because she's Derpy. Vinyl, because she's an awesome DJ, and she looks cool. And Lyra, because she has such a crazy personality, weather in fanon or just in the background in the show!

For me, it's actually a three way tie between Octavia, Lyra, and Neon Lights, the one with the big glasses, white tie, and black dress shirt. He appears in Sweet and Elite, Mysterious Mare Do Well, and somewhere else. I just can't remember.

I'm not familiar with most of the ponies in the poll so I'm not yet going to vote but what I will say is that the group image in the op made me realize I'd be seriously interested in seeing a spin-off series featuring those ponies as main characters. What their personalites would be I don't know but it'd be great to see what show resulted from the idea.