Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Favorite Background Pony?

LyraHeartstrings

POLL DANCING  

293 users have voted

1. 1. Background ponies; which are your favorites?

• Derpy Hooves
    • Vinyl Scratch/DJ PON-3
    • Octavia
    • Doctor Whooves
    • Lyra
    • Bon-Bon
    • Nurse Redheart
    • Minuette
    • Berry Punch
    • Carrot Top
    • Screwball
    • Aloe/Lotus
    • Fleur de Lis
    • Ace
    • Other (please specify)

Prior to The Last Roundup, I would have said Derpy. Since Derpy has graduated to tertiary character, however...I believe I shall pick Lyra. Her obsession with humanity, at least in fanon, amuses me greatly.

You said that like it's conventional for her to be obsessed with humanity in fanon. Are there entire conventions I don't even know of? How could I ever aspire to be a fanon author without knowing these? :P

Okay, I'm watching "secret of my excess" again, and I have to say Junebugg. Maybe she's technically a tertiary character, but what I like is her canon personality. Of course it doesn't show much, but you see that she's kinda shy. That's just really cute ^^; you can't help but love her unshure "uhh..."'s. How her voice is kinda odd makes me think she's one of those really quiet people that are really nice, and have all these hobbies and interests and want friends but are really shy. (Hobbies and interests: She's carrying big baskets of flowers.)

Before then I liked Cherilee. She's like, a secondary character now, though, since this last episode. But in "secret of my excess" you see she's really nice. She just gave Spike a really fancy looking hat, on the spot, and they hardly even probably know eachother!

Okay, sorry. Background character. Lyra, for her awesome teal color. Reminds me of crystals, and that really awesome gleany feel the "Protoss" had in Starcraft, when I played it as a little kid xD (I loved how awesome pylons looked. And they reminded me of some crazy huge awesome crystal thing I saw once. In my little kind mind I thought it came from the center of the Earth O.o ).

• 1 month later...

Vinyl and Octavia are awesome, because I'm a classical and electronic musician, so they're like the two different sides of me.

I also like Bon Bon a lot. I'm not sure why, I just love her design.

(edited)

Gee, I wonder who voted for Screwball... http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png *cough* Nevermore *cough*

NO DARING DO? HOW DARE YOU? lol bad pun and I was just kidding. You should add Daring Do though!

Yes, yes! You totally need Daring Do :D

But, uh...Octavia, Derpy, Lyra and Berry Punch!

Edited by Aureity
  • Brohoof 1