Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would you change about Season 6?

CastletonSnob

Re-read that. Da King was suggesting she be more than a stereotype, which as is I don't think she is either.

Whoops. *sweatdrop* You're right. Sorry, @, I completely misread what you wrote.

• Brohoof 1

#MakeEquestriaGreatAgain

-40% of all ordinary episodes would need to be adventure episodes and H-Bro would be forced to pay for them all.

-Ban all powerful unicorns and alicorns who have recently entered the show. They’re stealing the jobs of our beloved characters and something needs to be done about it!

-I’d bring in a hell of a lot worse than yamchaing.

-Crooked Haber needs to step down. We need someone who is a true worldbuilder and not a puppet of Slice Street!

Is this supposed to be a parody of political propaganda?

I would have the CMC revert back to Blank Flanks again...because I would really love to see that happen.

May I ask why you would like to see that?

#1) I would have made Gift of the Maud Pie episode feature another one of Pinkie's sisters instead of Maud, which would probably call for a change in name. We already know Maud, we already understand their emotional connection, I would have rather seen her interacting with another one of her sisters. Limestone would have been a good pick.

#2)  Overhaul Newbie Dash entirely. I've seen Fanfics that handle her getting into the wonderbolts better than that episode. Personally I'd of had it with Daring Do AND the Wonderbolts in that episode. Dash gets promoted, but at around that same time she is approached by Daring who is on an important mission. Dash says she got into the wonderbolts and Daring snorts in derision, saying that Dash could do better than that glorified band of performers. By the end of the episode, Daring, Dash, and the Wonderbolts would have worked together to overcome whatever it was, gaining respect for eachother in the process. Maybe have Spitfire growl at Daring to "leave this out of your book." The Moral would be what your goals in life started out as might change overtime as you have new experiences, and that's perfectly fine. Just because Dash Dreamed of being a wonderbolt or being along side Daring Do doesn't mean that those are set in stone. Daring tells Dash to find what makes her REALLY tick, and once you have that you have the world in your hooves. That's just off the top of my head and very rough but that's kind of what I'd do. 

#3) I'd have introduced more non pony races, like Giraffe, by now. 

• Brohoof 1

May I ask why you would like to see that?

It's because I miss the CMC doing crazy things on finding their cutie marks instead of them helping Ponies understand their True Talent...That's why the cutie mark DID change the CMC in the first place, that's what!

He doesn't like the fact that the Cutie Mark Crusaders finally got their Cutie Marks.

Double true heavens-champion!

It's because I miss the CMC doing crazy things on finding their cutie marks instead of them helping Ponies understand their True Talent...That's why the cutie mark DID change the CMC in the first place, that's what!

Double true heavens-champion!

I think that the CMC getting their marks and going on these new missions is the best thing that could happen to them. It has the potential to further develop them as well as seeing both old and new characters and what their marks mean.

2 things, first, I would get rid of the Rainbow Dash cameo in "Applejack's Day Off". Second, I would completely get rid of the season premiere and replace it with a new one.

I would have the CMC revert back to Blank Flanks again...because I would really love to see that happen.

@MAIKUN Two problems with you comment. First, that would be something you want to change about season 5, not 6. Second, you want the characters to stay the same age and never complete their goals?

2 things, first, I would get rid of the Rainbow Dash cameo in "Applejack's Day Off". 

But that'd get rid of the only thing giving life to an otherwise dull and lifeless episode :P

• Brohoof 2

But that'd get rid of the only thing giving life to an otherwise dull and lifeless episode :P

@Sideswipe That cameo kind of offended me. I really related to Rainbow Dash not liking being touched. The cameo made it seem like people who don't like being touched are just hiding it. I guess I am just being easily offended, but that was one of the things I really liked about Rainbow Dash. Rainbow Dash was my favorite until that cameo.

Two things:

1. I would make Newbie Dash an episode that isn't horrible. Rainbow deserved far better than having an episode making her look like a fool the whole time while be bullied on top of that. It being the episode where she was supposed to finally live her dream, it was horrendous and I would totally change that if I could.

2.Having Zephyr Breeze be something that isn't a giant cliche. I absolutely despised his character which made the episode and its moral fall flat for me. I did enjoy parts of that episode, but none of those parts involved Zephyr/

• Brohoof 2

I think that the CMC getting their marks and going on these new missions is the best thing that could happen to them. It has the potential to further develop them as well as seeing both old and new characters and what their marks mean.

The point is, Da King. A cutie mark DOES change anypony after they received it. Right?

2 things, first, I would get rid of the Rainbow Dash cameo in "Applejack's Day Off". Second, I would completely get rid of the season premiere and replace it with a new one.

@MAIKUN Two problems with you comment. First, that would be something you want to change about season 5, not 6. Second, you want the characters to stay the same age and never complete their goals?

Kinda true yes, I DO want the CMC to be the same as Ash Ketchum or the main characters on South Park!

Overhaul Newbie Dash. 

Agreed.

Overall, the tone and themes of this season have been excellent.  I don't have any major birds-eye view gripes so far.

There are a few things I'd change about specific episodes, including the hazing in Newbie Dash.  The problem was not that it existed, but that she was hazed, and then they justified it.   

(edited)

In order to get the Season 6 I'd liked to have seen, I'd first change the Season 5 finale. I'd spend less time focusing on the alternate timelines (the Nightmare Moon, Sombra and Chrysalis timelines were more than enough, IMHO) and more time on building a dynamic between Starlight Glimmer and Twilight Sparkle. I'd also leave Starlight's backstory a mystery for a future episode to explore instead of trying to cram Starlight's backstory and redemption into the same episode. Speaking of which, Starlight's redemption would've been entirely different: I'd end Season 5 on a cliffhanger, with Starlight and Twilight returning to the regular timeline, only to come face-to-face with Celestia, Luna, Cadance and the rest of the Mane Six ready to apprehend Starlight Glimmer.

The Season 6 premiere would open up with Starlight Glimmer on trial for her actions in Season 5 and Starlight willing to accept whatever punishment is doled out to her. Instead of punishing Starlight, Twilight Sparkle suggests reforming her. The Mane Six (and Starlight, for that matter) are shocked by this, but Princess Celestia hears Twilight out and decides to gives Starlight a second chance. The remainder of the episode involves Starlight dealing with the Mane Six's mistrust of her and ends with an Aesop about how you should forgive people if they're willing to change, but also that forgiveness comes with an obligation to really and truly change for the better.

Over the course of the season, Starlight would get an episode with each of the Mane Six in which she befriends them and earns their trust by helping them with a problem they're having. There would also be episodes focused on Starlight dealing with her past (I'm thinking her backstory would be very different from the one we got: IMHO, Starlight's backstory is one of the weakest parts of her character), as well as an episode focused on Starlight making amends with the Equal Four. Alongside Starlight Glimmer's arc, there would be a parallel storyarc involving the Cutie Mark Crusaders befriending Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon, with Diamond Tiara learning how to be a better friend. The overall theme of the season would be forgiveness and redemption, as well as integrating Starlight Glimmer, Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon into the main cast alongside the Mane Six and the Crusaders.

I'm not quite sure how I'd want the finale to play out, but it might be interesting having Starlight Glimmer face off against an alternate version of herself from a timeline where she succeeded in brainwashing the Mane Six and successfully took over Equestria. It would serve as a way to externalize Starlight's internal conflict, as well as a way for Starlight to prove to both the Mane Six and the audience that she's truly reformed, plus it would give the audience an opportunity to see Starlight as a villain again.

Edited by Silvestra Spooner
  • Brohoof 6

(edited)

Make it about exploring Equestria like we were original told it would be. There has been almost no exploring. It's mainly been about going to new parts of places we've been to before (several times), in sitcomy slice-of-life stories. Not a truly bad thing (like how "The Saddle Row Review" reminded me why I like FiM in the first place) but more magic and adventures are usually a treat.

A longer, more fleshed out redemption for Stalight.

Either a better story with Flurry Heart, or just drop her all together. (No. More. Bucking. ALICORNS! :angry: )

s has been said, a totally different take on "Newbie Dash". What is with RD getting the spotlight in subpar or just plain crappy episodes I'll never understand :(

No bringing back that stupid map and friendship missions. They'd served their purpose, were played out, and (as far as I know) weren't even missed.

Either rework various morals/messages to make them fit their episodes better, or don't give those episodes morals/messages a all.

Make poor Applejack less stupid. See, THIS is why she's the least popular of the Mane 6 and why a lot of Bronies like supporting characters (including her family) and even backgrounders more than her... :(

Edited by Jangocoolguy
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Mention the TREE OF HARMONEY at least once.! i mean come on. I know the elements were returned but dont just never mention it. Hell lore about why it gave Twilight a castle for opening there one time weapon.
Also yeah they just now mention the map broken? uh writers that called lazy writing and you know it.

newbie Dash yeah rewrite it completely..ugh I get it Dash doesn't want to make an idiot of herself on the first day but DAM it would have taken two second for her to say 'Hey you know I got bulled by being called rainbow crash can you not call me that."  like really? I don't care if a military thing..they don't give you nicknames that are meant to scar you for like. They are meant to be endearing or help them not make a big mistakes and such. Ugh I hate the wonderbolts! all hail the shadowbolts.

Edited by BlinkZ
  • Brohoof 2

Kinda true yes, I DO want the CMC to be the same as Ash Ketchum or the main characters on South Park!

@MAIKUN The show would run out of ideas really fast. There is only so much you can do with some little girls trying to find out their purpose.

Overhaul Newbie Dash.

12 brohoofs and climbing...

medium.gif

A few things:

1) Make Flurry Heart a unicorn, not an alicorn. I don't hate Flurry Heart as a character, but realistically, there's yet to be a good reason why she's an alicorn besides selling toys. As the characters themselves pointed out in the episode, her being born an alicorn diminishes both Twilight's and Cadance's accomplishments, since you could only become an alicorn after performing some great deed. Even if you needed her to be immensely powerful in order to smash the Crystal Heart, need I remind you that her parents are both magically talented and her aunt was possible the single most powerful unicorn alive, and the bearer of the Element of Magic?

2) Take the script we got for Newbie Dash, and light it on fire. Then, write something that doesn't make the Wonderbolt's completely unlikable jerks again like they were in Rainbow Falls, doesn't have Dash acting like an idiot and doesn't try and make us buy that hazing and mocking nicknames are apparently good for you.

3) Go somewhere entirely new. Everywhere they've gone so far are places that they've visited before (Manehattan, Canterlot, The Crystal Empire, ect.) How many seasons ago did we get the official map? Have them go to Hollow Shades, Neighagra Falls, Las Pegasus even! Hell, I'd settle for them just going back to the Castle of the Royal Pony Sisters again.   

My reaction to your post:

Seriously, I feel you on every point. And give us a real beach/ocean episode with seasponies! Explore Equestria!  :pinkie:

• Brohoof 2