Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Most overrated films you've seen?

SrFrog

The Last Airbender.

Said it was going to be just like a real life version of the TV series. Me and 2 of my friends walked out of the theater after 30 minutes they really butchered that movie.

• Brohoof 2

The Last Airbender.

Said it was going to be just like a real life version of the TV series. Me and 2 of my friends walked out of the theater after 30 minutes they really butchered that movie.

Well, that's more like over-hyping the movie than it being overrated. If that makes sense.

Just about everyone thinks that movie sucks. So I wouldn't exactly think of it as overrated.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I've seen The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn part 1, IT SUCKS

Edited by Narutardedscum!!

Ink Heart.

I agree with that. Some friends were saying how awesome it was and I just thought it was meh (I didn't read the books for comparison though).

Okay, taking into account this is all opinion, I would say that the movie Bolt was terribly overrated. :huh:

most overrated film? to me that would go with STAR WARS, everyone's gonna HATE ME FOR THIS!!, but here goes, i thought STAR WARS was boring and it's too overrated!!

• Brohoof 1

Inception... I was so freaking bored the whole way through... it was a huge disappointment.

Yup.

Everypony said Inception was awesome and when I watched it I was like "meh.."

• Brohoof 2

I was really disappointed in The Simpson's Movie. So many people (whom I talked to, anyway) thought it was great, but it was just, like, a 2 hour episode. There was nothing really spectacular or unique about it to set it apart as a movie, other than the fact that it was longer, and threw in some slightly unexpected lines, for fan service.

Ponyo was another one I was disappointed in. Everyone I talked to seemed to love this one. Granted, it wasn't terrible. But compared to the kinds of things that Studio Ghibli had come out with in more recent years (Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, etc.) my expectations for it were much, much higher. And the basic idea was decent, but the actual plot and conflict is what did it in. It was so simplistic, it was frustrating. I know that the target audience for this particular film may have been different from some other movies, but it seemed really dumbed down. It could have stood to have more depth and a better execution of the story they came up with.

• Brohoof 1

Any horror movie over the passed few years... and most action flicks...

saw series, paranormal activity 2&3, i cant even remember all the bad movies i saw XD the list is so long

Avatar, definitely (not avatar the last airbender, just avatar). I mean, what was going on in the movie? All I understood was that some dude was put into the body of a blue cat to get some rock and he stays like that for the entire movie.

most overrated film? to me that would go with STAR WARS, everyone's gonna HATE ME FOR THIS!!, but here goes, i thought STAR WARS was boring and it's too overrated!!

That depends, are you talking about the newer trilogy? Cuz' those I thought to be boring as all hell.

Must resist....fanboy ranting.....rage building..

• Brohoof 1

Dark Knight Returns.

Bale is inherently unlikeable, the story is a mess, and I doubt there'd be such high praise for Ledger if he hadn't died so tragically young.

(edited)

Lets see here are some of the 10 best movie for me that I have ever seen so far.

--------------------------

The God Father

Jurassic Park the first one

Scarface

Dick Tracy

BraveHeart

Teen age mutant ninja turtles the movie

Teen age mutant ninja turtles secret of the ooze

Batman the original movie from 1989

Batman Returns from 1992

-------------------------------------------------------

Here is my worst top 10 movies of all time I have ever seen.

Water World

Avatar from the TV series M Night Shyamalan

Battlefield Earth

Batman and Robin

Godzilla ( 1998 )

All of the cheesy ass SyFy movies that they make like ( Mega Python Vs. Gatoroid ) etc..

Inspector Gadget ( the real life movie )

Where the wild things are that was based on the book

Home Alone 3

Super mario bros the movie

Edited by LuthianDracul

Horseapples, everybody was over that thing, and I was like "Ok, what?" It was graphically gorgeous, that's for sure, but it wasn't even the first one to get top 3D animation. That goes for Coraline, which is an underrated movie.

Batman Begins

To this day, I can't understand the thing. Maybe I'll need to take a second viewing in, but I doubt I'll care. Haven't seen more than a handful of scenes from the Ledger one

• 2 weeks later...

The ending pretty much spoiled how it would end, the humans coming back with bigger force and this time ready to kill.

The movie was good, but higly overrated!

I would definately say Hangover 2. I figured that it would be as good as the last one, but I was really let down. Yes, it had its funny parts here and there, but in the end, it was just like the first Hangover. It seemed like almost the exact same story, just a different setting. I also didn't like the setting, I can't stand places like that. I know I'm being pretty critical of it, but it was not what I expected it to be.

Hangover, 1 and 2, for that matter any comedies in the form of movies.

Avatar, james cameron's and the last air bender.

Battlefield Earth

I loved that movie cos it was soo bad xD

But the most overated thing i've seen was probably the hunger games. People said it was bad, i just happened to be worse.