Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's Your Stance On Anti-Bronies?

OmegaBeamOfficial

From what I gather, from my long quest of fandoms, whether it's ponies, Star Wars, furries, or Middle Earth, we are individuals yet diverse, individualistic and free, a person with friends, it is quite refreshing to see a fandom cross national barriers, for we get to see another human being, rather than an image or a caricature of what we assume someone else to be. Haters on the other hand, tend to be collectivist and dependent on someone else to think or express for them, while anger is temporary, hate can be stubborn, but the antidote is friendship and love. As long as we do not let the haters drag us down, we will be free to do was we please, now some people do have legitimate reasons to not like the fandom, so we should respect their opinion, as for those who actively try to harm the fans, by all means defend yourself, and stand with those who need support, friendship is the right action, and courage to be free to express your emotions, without put downs or shut downs, what this show and this fandom stands for, to decide to be a better person than you were before you joined the fandom, and how you can improve someone else's life. So to you haters, go ahead and hate, we will not give into the oppression of negative feelings, friendship is magic.    

• Brohoof 1

Haters keep a-hatin'

Trolls keep a-hissin'

But in their mouths

I'll be a-pissin'

I'm sorry if that's vulgar and offensive, but I just DO NOT CARE what anti-bronies think of us. The more they hate us, the stronger we become...

Edited by Hogosha The Shield

You can't change someone's mindset. People are free to like or dislike whatever they want. As far as trolling and flame warring goes, there are hate groups for just about everything, so I'm not at all surprised by the sometimes very abrasive expressions of dislike for the show and those who participate in the fandom. I just ignore people who have shown that they are incapable of being respectful during conversation. Life is too short to be hung up on people who take pleasure in verbally attacking others! :P

It seems like the majority of people, though, are respectful in their viewpoints. :)

Totally agree, that's a solid explanation.

• Brohoof 1

Most of them are clueless on what the show actually is like, the only thing they know is that it was aimed at little kids and can't get over the fact that it's not all that matters. I look at them as homophobes that can't except different people, it's even worse, someone likes a show that you don't why would you hate on them, are you any better or something lol, being in the minorities is in no way worse than being in the majority of the people that don't enjoy MLP. I just don't understand them..

Most of them are clueless on what the show actually is like, the only thing they know is that it was aimed at little kids and can't get over the fact that it's not all that matters. I look at them as homophobes that can't except different people, it's even worse, someone likes a show that you don't why would you hate on them, are you any better or something lol, being in the minorities is in no way worse than being in the majority of the people that don't enjoy MLP. I just don't understand them..

Well, I guess they don't understand us either. Though comparing homophobes to cyber bullies is a little extreme.

I don't really care about them, how can a group of people devote so much time to attempting to "take down" a fandom xD

Yeah, that's impossible of course!

I just compare them to the sith empire while bronies are like the old republic >.>

That's a good analogy I guess.

• Brohoof 1

I'd call myself more a casual fan of the show right now. I just post here 'cause I like the forums and get bored. 

I don't care if somebody doesn't like something I like, I'm not THAT bloody sensitive. I just don't get people who go out of their way to constantly talk about something they don't like. I don't like Donald Trump, I'm not constantly talking about him or posting hate on Trump videos or Trump's subreddit or whatever.

• Brohoof 1

My stance has been the same for over 5 years now: If you have nothing better to do than go around and hating on a group of people that like something you don't, you really need to sit down and think about what you're doing with yourself.

• Brohoof 2

I'd call myself more a casual fan of the show right now. I just post here 'cause I like the forums and get bored. 

I don't care if somebody doesn't like something I like, I'm not THAT bloody sensitive. I just don't get people who go out of their way to constantly talk about something they don't like. I don't like Donald Trump, I'm not constantly talking about him or posting hate on Trump videos or Trump's subreddit or whatever.

The idea of Donald Trump having a subreddit sounds ridiculous to me XD

My stance has been the same for over 5 years now: If you have nothing better to do than go around and hating on a group of people that like something you don't, you really need to sit down and think about what you're doing with yourself.

True, makes sense, but what if that doesn't help them realise. You can't go to a professional psychiatrist and tell them "Hey, I hate on people who like cartoon ponies, what's wrong with me?" and hope they take you seriously.

The idea of Donald Trump having a subreddit sounds ridiculous to me XD

True, makes sense, but what if that doesn't help them realise. You can't go to a professional psychiatrist and tell them "Hey, I hate on people who like cartoon ponies, what's wrong with me?" and hope they take you seriously.

LOL he does.

https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/

I sometimes go on there to face-palm, I'm a sucker for punishment.

• Brohoof 1

The awkward moment when you used to be one  :please:

I was young and naive. I don't think people should treat anyone differently because of what they like and dislike, which is why before I started watching the show I switched from being an anti-brony to a neutral brony defender. 

• Brohoof 1

Well, I mean, when you have any ideas for a better name, please, let the community know. All sarcasm aside though, we need a way to differentiate them from regular haters. See, this Isn't normal hate... THIS IS ADVANCED HATE!

was there a point you were trying to make?

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, I'm glad that my husband-to-be never was an anti-brony.

Well, that's pretty nice. You must be lucky.

The awkward moment when you used to be one  :please:

I was young and naive. I don't think people should treat anyone differently because of what they like and dislike, which is why before I started watching the show I switched from being an anti-brony to a neutral brony defender. 

Meh, as long as you've learned your lesson I don't really mind if you used to be one, consider it like how reforming works in the show.

was there a point you were trying to make?

Is there a point you're trying to make?

Meh, as long as you've learned your lesson I don't really mind if you used to be one, consider it like how reforming works in the show.

Oh yeah definitely, I think I was only one because my friends were and they fed me loads of bad information on bronies.

• Brohoof 1

Depends on what type of "anti-brony" you are talking about.

If you mean the kinds that have constructive criticisms about the show or the fandom (whether I believe their criticisms are valid or not), then I respect them. They're entitiled to their opinions.

If you mean the kinds that make fun of us because they honestly can't understand how a guy can like a girl's show (but do so in a casual or friendly matter), then I just laugh with them. They're entitled to their opinions, and I can sympathize with that. (I didn't understand it, either, before watching the first episode.) 

If you mean the kinds on Youtube that say "Bronies are <insert vulgar or overused insult here>" (though I would imagine that the vast majority of them really know that's not true, but say it anyway just to troll), then I just ignore them and try not to let them get to me.   

Edited by ChB
  • Brohoof 1

I see them mainly as close-minded. If you're going to say you hate/a show is girly/only for kids, aren't you even going to watch it first? Some Anti-Bronies have watched the show, but mainly with a mind set on proving it immasculine and unwatchable. That's an umbrella statement; take it for what it is, though.

A lot of people are close-minded these days. Close mindedness is in every ideology, fandom, etc.; it diffuses across everyone.

• Brohoof 1

I see them mainly as close-minded. If you're going to say you hate/a show is girly/only for kids, aren't you even going to watch it first? Some Anti-Bronies have watched the show, but mainly with a mind set on proving it immasculine and unwatchable. That's an umbrella statement; take it for what it is, though.

A lot of people are close-minded these days. Close mindedness is in every ideology, fandom, etc.; it diffuses across everyone.

Close mindedness is incredibly annoying, especially when you try to explain to close minded people why they are close minded. I don't understand why people actively hate and attack people just because they like something that they don't. If it's not having an effect on your life why bother?

• Brohoof 1

I don't understand why people actively hate and attack people just because they like something that they don't.

Try to think of reasons why they would. Very few people are close minded for no reason.

• Brohoof 1