Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's Your Stance On Anti-Bronies?

OmegaBeamOfficial

OK, I know this is a pretty controversial topic discuss but I feel like it never gets brought up here so I might as well bring it up myself. What's your opinion of anti bronies. Now, if there are any anti-bronies looking at this post who made accounts just to troll, though there probably won't be, calm down and stop writing that hate reply, because I might not even be talking about you. Here's the thing. I don't mind if someone dislikes the things I like, It's a common thing. Not everyone's gonna like the same stuff, if we all did it would be boring. Yeah, more peaceful maybe, but still boring. Having an opinion is fine, I'm cool with it. That being said, I don't care if people don't like the show. I don't even care if people hate it. But, I do care when people decide to pick on the fanbase for something they don't like just because they don't like it, or they think that bronies aren't manly enough just because we watch My Little Pony. Some people have tried to argue with them before, and say "just try the show, maybe you'll like it". You can't just tell someone to watch a show and hope they'll change their minds about it, or even watch it at all. Their opinion on the show was made pretty clear when they attacked the fanbase. I'm not against people having a problem with us, just as long as they don't be a jerk about it. We get it, you hate MLP. And yeah, maybe this fanbase can get out of control sometimes, but that can be said for pretty much any fanbase. You don't need to show your hate for it, just like anti bronies say we don't need to show our love for it. So they should keep it to themselves instead of going around sending hurtful comments online, and trying to prove that being a brony Isn't OK, because It's fine.

• Brohoof 6

We insta ban anyone that comes here like that. In fact you wouldn't have much time to respond to one in kind. We aren't YouTube. We actually act on that.

My thoughts can be summed up simply, the mentality of those that dislike 'X' and want to be heard is older than recorded history.

Such is tribalism, an over developed sense of self-worth, and a lack of empathy.

Same same.

• Brohoof 11

If someone dislikes MLP or anything else that I, myself, am interested in, it doesn't bother me. That's totally fine. Even if someone were to take the time to tease or insult me for liking something, it still wouldn't bother me. I don't feel that giving someone my time who only wishes to get a negative response from me is necesarrily productive. I choose to simply ignore those individul's statements.

• Brohoof 5

like the show or not its up to the individual to make that decision. but if i see a kid is bullying another kid for liking mlp? im not going to just walk past, im gonna step in.

• Brohoof 4

I had a few discussions with Anti-Bronies and...i got pretty angry until i realized that i could just ignore them, since they only want to get a response anyway.

The Problem is, you can never be sure if the Person is actually disliking the Show or if he is just a Troll and just does it for attention.

Thats why i mostly ignore them now.

If someone simply doesnt like the Show, thats totally fine with me as well.

And if an Anti-Brony would like to have a normal conversation with me, sure, why not.

Maybe we have other interests in common.

But if hes gonna insult me, im just gonna ignore him.

• Brohoof 1

"Anti brony" is a dumb term. Why not call them haters?

As for what I'd call "brony haters", online, they can be ignored. All you have to do is not reply to response bait and you'll be fine. But if too many in a community talk too much real hate, not trolling, then maybe everyone wants you gone, even you. Or at least that's my experience I've had. There were other factors involved and I could be in a case example rather than a usual case

• Brohoof 3

"Haters" or "anti-bronies" or whatever you want to call them, I find the best response is none at all, or just politeness. Regardless of how they come at someone, I find meeting them with any form of aggression doesn't work. It only encourages them.

Normally, I don't mind if someone doesn't like the same things as me. Everyone has their own opinions and interests. However, when someone says they hate Bronies and they should all for (Which has happened to me in real life), I feel like they're going too far and overreacting. Everyone has that one abnormal thing they're into, and making fun of someone for it is never a good idea.

• Brohoof 1

I find them to be drones with no real intelligence as their own thought process seem to be dictated by those of mainstream society. They don't know the concept of stopping and thinking for one second that this show might actually be drastically different than what they might think it is. That or they just want to feel better about their own life so they choose to berate others and they latch onto the show to do so. Such pathetic attempts really. They are not worth debating with, they simply deserve to never be acknowledged. If someone dislikes the show, fair enough, no problems with that, but the moment go to 'anti-brony' status is when they lose every sense of credibility possible in their opinion.

• Brohoof 5

I feel that the only sentence is to throw them into the bit of Tartarus for 1,000,000 moons until they repent the error of their ways.

-

Just kidding. I don't care. Sure they're mean, but they do it to bait you. Even if you craft the most witty of retorts, they will only respond in either more anger or even neutrality. They're anti-bronies or haters for that moment so they can get a rise out of someone and feel better about themselves. Sad really. No one is on any true crusade about bronies, and if they are, then they have severe lack of focus.

I've reached epic Roger Murtaugh levels of  "I'm too old for this shit" when it comes to angry youtube commenters. Get a life.

• Brohoof 3

I used to be a hater so I don't really care when people hate on Bronies because so many people out there have a negative opinion on it.  Media just grabs the cringe section of the Fandom and puts it in the news so most people just see the worst of the Fandom.  It is totally understandable why people make fun of Bronies so I don't really care if they make fun of them.  

However, if people go over the line and start making Holocaust jokes or making homophobic comments then I'll tell them off.  If they flame back at me then I'll just ignore them since they are probably a small kid looking for attention.

• Brohoof 1

It's almost telling that we literally don't even care about their existence. The reason we don't talk about them is because most of us don't even listen to them. Either we ignore them completely or change the subject to something else.

It goes even beyond just blocking out the haters or trying to "convert" them. It's one of those things where if you give them no power by being defensive or shoving it in their face too much then they lose interest and forget it's a thing. Because a fresh anti-brony is a fervent about it as a fresh brony. They think they're making waves when the only waves they cause are with those that are easily rattled. They take it as a sign that they're the ones who can do the converting and it becomes a cycle.

So the rule of thumb is to not bother with their hate. Even in a topic like this that acknowledges them and tries to make sense of it you've opened a doorway to a subject best left alone. Unless you're in a situation where you're getting bullied and need some sort of support.

To talk about it like it's a "problem" that can be "fixed" or dealt with is the same sort of logic an anti-brony uses and not worth pursuing.

• Brohoof 1

You know what's the best way to screw with a keyboard warrior? Not just pony 8ter but just anyone in general? Just ignore what they meant to get attention on. Either by completely ignoring them, or respond them for a mistake they did that has nothing to do with the response they'd wanted. For example, the classic, common, and easy.... correct them on any spelling or grammar mistakes, that pisses them off ;)

Dealing with keyboard warriors is easy, but if stuff escalates in real life..... that's another matter entirely 

We insta ban anyone that comes here like that. In fact you wouldn't have much time to respond to one in kind. We aren't YouTube. We actually act on that.

My thoughts can be summed up simply, the mentality of those that dislike 'X' and want to be heard is older than recorded history.

Such is tribalism, an over developed sense of self-worth, and a lack of empathy.

Same same.

Wow, sick YouTube burn. I just wish people would be civil about it.

If someone dislikes MLP or anything else that I, myself, am interested in, it doesn't bother me. That's totally fine. Even if someone were to take the time to tease or insult me for liking something, it still wouldn't bother me. I don't feel that giving someone my time who only wishes to get a negative response from me is necesarrily productive. I choose to simply ignore those individul's statements.

That's all cool. Some people say ignoring it's the best thing to do I guess.

like the show or not its up to the individual to make that decision. but if i see a kid is bullying another kid for liking mlp? im not going to just walk past, im gonna step in.

Showing some good Rainbow Dash style Loyalty there, I like that.

I had a few discussions with Anti-Bronies and...i got pretty angry until i realized that i could just ignore them, since they only want to get a response anyway.

The Problem is, you can never be sure if the Person is actually disliking the Show or if he is just a Troll and just does it for attention.

Thats why i mostly ignore them now.

If someone simply doesnt like the Show, thats totally fine with me as well.

And if an Anti-Brony would like to have a normal conversation with me, sure, why not.

Maybe we have other interests in common.

But if hes gonna insult me, im just gonna ignore him.

Welp, love and tolerate I guess...

Hater are just part of this word. Better you can do is to avoid them, it's not so difficult.

sig-4666375.truth-about-pony-haters_o_63

That's probably a pretty accurate chart actually XD

"Anti brony" is a dumb term. Why not call them haters?

As for what I'd call "brony haters", online, they can be ignored. All you have to do is not reply to response bait and you'll be fine. But if too many in a community talk too much real hate, not trolling, then maybe everyone wants you gone, even you. Or at least that's my experience I've had. There were other factors involved and I could be in a case example rather than a usual case

Actually I'm pretty sure it was the haters themselves who coined that term. But It's hard to tell what's bait and what's not.

it actually does get brought up there is just no active topics on it right now.

my stance is they are not worth the effort to respond to or even think about

Meh, we can't just let them go unnoticed I believe. People get hurt in real life sometimes because of stuff like this!

"Haters" or "anti-bronies" or whatever you want to call them, I find the best response is none at all, or just politeness. Regardless of how they come at someone, I find meeting them with any form of aggression doesn't work. It only encourages them.

True, when you come at someone aggressively you're just setting a bad example, and you would be on the same level as they are.

Normally, I don't mind if someone doesn't like the same things as me. Everyone has their own opinions and interests. However, when someone says they hate Bronies and they should all for (Which has happened to me in real life), I feel like they're going too far and overreacting. Everyone has that one abnormal thing they're into, and making fun of someone for it is never a good idea.

I wouldn't say everyone has something weird about them, but I do agree that some people can be rather extremist about the whole thing.

I find them to be drones with no real intelligence as their own thought process seem to be dictated by those of mainstream society. They don't know the concept of stopping and thinking for one second that this show might actually be drastically different than what they might think it is. That or they just want to feel better about their own life so they choose to berate others and they latch onto the show to do so. Such pathetic attempts really. They are not worth debating with, they simply deserve to never be acknowledged. If someone dislikes the show, fair enough, no problems with that, but the moment go to 'anti-brony' status is when they lose every sense of credibility possible in their opinion.

I guess you're right about those really. It's either they aren't open minded enough, or the classic bully story where they can't find friends so they pick on others to feel better. And, as I've said to others, this can't just simply be ignored, people can get hurt both emotionally and physically because of jerks like these.

if you hate the hatred it's only gets bigger.

but what if they start to picking on you? what if you walk in your pony t-shirt, and a couple of guys want to start a fight? what to do in that kind of situation?

In that situation I guess you run away as fast as you can, call 911 or if you're feeling brave and suicidal enough, try to fight them for a little until you have a chance to get away.

I feel that the only sentence is to throw them into the bit of Tartarus for 1,000,000 moons until they repent the error of their ways.

-

Just kidding. I don't care. Sure they're mean, but they do it to bait you. Even if you craft the most witty of retorts, they will only respond in either more anger or even neutrality. They're anti-bronies or haters for that moment so they can get a rise out of someone and feel better about themselves. Sad really. No one is on any true crusade about bronies, and if they are, then they have severe lack of focus.

I've reached epic Roger Murtaugh levels of  "I'm too old for this shit" when it comes to angry youtube commenters. Get a life.

Yeah, sometimes I feel like I'm one of the only guys on YouTube who can have a comment conversation without everything turning into spam and hate.

i think it's super childish to label anyone an "anti-brony"

i think a lot of fandoms are toxic but the MLP fandom is the only one that'll label me for that.

Well, I mean, when you have any ideas for a better name, please, let the community know. All sarcasm aside though, we need a way to differentiate them from regular haters. See, this Isn't normal hate... THIS IS ADVANCED HATE!

I used to be a hater so I don't really care when people hate on Bronies because so many people out there have a negative opinion on it.  Media just grabs the cringe section of the Fandom and puts it in the news so most people just see the worst of the Fandom.  It is totally understandable why people make fun of Bronies so I don't really care if they make fun of them.  

However, if people go over the line and start making Holocaust jokes or making homophobic comments then I'll tell them off.  If they flame back at me then I'll just ignore them since they are probably a small kid looking for attention.

I don't think making fun of bronies is OK unless It's just purely joking and not full on insulting them. I don't see how holocaust and homophobia could come into an MLP conversation either...

It's almost telling that we literally don't even care about their existence. The reason we don't talk about them is because most of us don't even listen to them. Either we ignore them completely or change the subject to something else.

It goes even beyond just blocking out the haters or trying to "convert" them. It's one of those things where if you give them no power by being defensive or shoving it in their face too much then they lose interest and forget it's a thing. Because a fresh anti-brony is a fervent about it as a fresh brony. They think they're making waves when the only waves they cause are with those that are easily rattled. They take it as a sign that they're the ones who can do the converting and it becomes a cycle.

So the rule of thumb is to not bother with their hate. Even in a topic like this that acknowledges them and tries to make sense of it you've opened a doorway to a subject best left alone. Unless you're in a situation where you're getting bullied and need some sort of support.

To talk about it like it's a "problem" that can be "fixed" or dealt with is the same sort of logic an anti-brony uses and not worth pursuing.

True, I guess that's a valid point. And I gotta say, not all fresh bronies are like that. When I first became a brony I didn't feel the need to convert others into bronies like It's a cult. I've been bullied for this kind of thing before, but I try not to bring it up for the sake of convenience. But we can't just stand by, and let these problems keep going, making people feel suicidal and physically attacking fans of the show in some cases. I'm not saying we need to declare war on them or any dramatic stuff like that, but just ignoring it Isn't going to help anypony.

• Brohoof 3

I don't give anyone who attacks the fanbase my time. This is of course different to smeone who doesn't care for the show. I find the ones who insult the fanbase very annoying, but what am I going to do? Somehow change their opinion because I want to?

It is best to ignore them, or try to avoid them as much as possible. They always like to say how "cringey" the fandom is, which it is in areas. Honestly I don't care what they think because I enjoy the fandom, and won't let some idiot get in the way. Who cares?

• Brohoof 1

No offense, but isn't assuming they are basically stupid drones and can't possibly have any legitimate reason for disliking the show or fandom without even getting their side the exact same thing that you apparently dislike about them? I mean you're making a ton of assumptions, just like you dislike them doing about you. Seems hypocritical to me.

No offense, but isn't assuming they are basically stupid drones and can't possibly have any legitimate reason for disliking the show or fandom without even getting their side the exact same thing that you apparently dislike about them? I mean you're making a ton of assumptions, just like you dislike them doing about you. Seems hypocritical to me.

If someone wants to demonize and insult every fan of FiM because they may not like something about the fandom or they may not like a certain group of bronies or some shit like that, then I am completely justified in my position.

Like I said in my post and you seemed to miss this entirely: If someone dislikes the show, that is fine. That is perfectly fine. I do not care if someone doesn't like the show, to each their own. However, the moment someone goes into 'anti-brony' status and starts hating on fans because they love the show, that is where they can f**k right off. See?

• Brohoof 1

If someone wants to demonize and insult every fan of FiM because they may not like something about the fandom or they may not like a certain group of bronies or some shit like that, then I am completely justified in my position.

Not really.

"Life's a bitch, doesn't mean you get to be one." 

Like I said in my post and you seemed to miss this entirely: If someone dislikes the show, that is fine. That is perfectly fine. I do not care if someone doesn't like the show, to each their own. However, the moment someone goes into 'anti-brony' status and starts hating on fans because they love the show, that is where they can f**k right off. See?

See above.

Not really.

"Life's a bitch, doesn't mean you get to be one." 

See above.

This post does literally NOTHING for this conversation. I established my position completely and showed you why it is justified. I don't like Five Nights at Freddies, I think it is very overrated but I don't go around insulting the FNAF fanbase and treating them like shit. I let it be. If someone did something I really did not approve of, then that would be that ONE PERSON. I would have no right to fully berate every single fan just because of the actions of a few.

So yeah, I am rather harsh on anti-bronies. However you interpret that is up to you entirely and quite frankly, I don't care about what you think. I had to make 2 additional posts to show my point that I made in my original post, that is a bit much and I would prefer to not clog the thread up anymore.

• Brohoof 1

This post does literally NOTHING for this conversation. I established my position completely and showed you why it is justified. I don't like Five Nights at Freddies, I think it is very overrated but I don't go around insulting the FNAF fanbase and treating them like shit. I let it be. If someone did something I really did not approve of, then that would be that ONE PERSON. I would have no right to fully berate every single fan just because of the actions of a few.

So yeah, I am rather harsh on anti-bronies. However you interpret that is up to you entirely and quite frankly, I don't care about what you think. I had to make 2 additional posts to show my point that I made in my original post, that is a bit much and I would prefer to not clog the thread up anymore.

It retains to the topic, it's relevant. The topic is our stance on anti-bronies, and my stance is that when you feel so adamantly against them to where you stereotype them as "drones" you are being as bad as you believe them to be. I have met people who legitimately have real concerns about bronies based upon being misinformed. They are people a lot of the time whom might have experiences that make them hate bronies and responding to that by calling them "drones" or saying they don't deserve to not be berated is closing the door of communication.

If you sit down and talk rationally to people, ask about their reasoning and approach is reasonably you could gain an ally versus reinforcing them as an enemy. Your "drone" accusation is more or less being the bully you think them to be. You're assuming, you're using their opinion on a show and its fandom to justify not liking them, and justify invalidating their thoughts. The EXACT SAME THING you don't like when they do to you.

It's counter-productive to the brony fandom to do that, as it continues the cycle rather than make an attempt to break it.

There are people who have legitimate reason to hate this fandom as much as no one wants to admit it. I have met a former brony who dislikes this fandom and joined the ranks of anti-bronies because of the insane amount of sexual harassment she received from bronies and when she tried to call attention to it, bronies went at her for making bronies look bad. Not everyone who is an anti-brony is an asshole. Some are people who have been hurt by this community, and denying that is basically trying to say this fandom is perfect, has no faults and is above criticism.

Sometimes it's best to listen to people and perhaps consider their feelings and get to the bottom of them. Not everyone who hates something you like is a troll or an asshole.

Edited by Guest

It retains to the topic, it's relevant. The topic is our stance on anti-bronies, and my stance is that when you feel so adamantly against them to where you stereotype them as "drones" you are being as bad as you believe them to be. I have met people who legitimately have real concerns about bronies based upon being misinformed. They are people a lot of the time whom might have experiences that make them hate bronies and responding to that by calling them "drones" or saying they don't deserve to not be berated is closing the door of communication.

If you sit down and talk rationally to people, ask about their reasoning and approach is reasonably you could gain an ally versus reinforcing them as an enemy. Your "drone" accusation is more or less being the bully you think them to be. You're assuming, you're using their opinion on a show and its fandom to justify not liking them, and justify invalidating their thoughts. The EXACT SAME THING you don't like when they do to you.

It's counter-productive to the brony fandom to do that, as it continues the cycle rather than make an attempt to break it.

they are almost like drones because they copy/paste the same worn out insults like "gaaaaaaaaaaaaay"

and they exist for the sole purpose of posting that stuff to try and lure people into an argument, they litterally thrive on making people fight and argue with them and nothing makes them happier than making someone mad enough to respond with a wall of text about why pony is awesome so they can reply "TLDR"

so the best remedy is to ignore,report, and ban

• Brohoof 1