Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you think about Donald Trump?

Feather Data

I was skeptical at first, but I really started to back Trump after the second debate. He clearly has a much better understanding of what working people are going through (especially in the Midwest). Not constantly antagonizing foreign, nuclear-armed nations is also a plus.

Good question. But maybe if you had had some actual dialogue with Trump supporters, you wouldn't have asked it, rhetorical or otherwise.

It's starting to look that way, given most of the money is going to Clinton. She's like corporate dictatorship incarnate.

Finally, someone with sense!

Also, if you think that's bad, check out the Clinton Foundation.

The Clinton Foundation, a fake charity Hillary owns. It's blatantly fake. It's laughably fake. And to think, Hillary fans call Trump fans the stupid ones! (Maybe it's because they can't understand why Hillary and Bill's misdeeds make them bad people and worse presedential candidates)

To address the only thing resembling an actual point in your post, I look in to this myself on a day to day basis as a trans girl *living in Texas of all the places* and I have yet to be denied any right that a cis person would otherwise have. In fact, if I was living in a state like California then the government would be actively going against the first amendment to protect me, I.E. I'd be getting MORE rights than cis people.

[Citation Needed] on the rights I lack.

Also, this isn't tumblr, reaction images aren't real arguments.

I would buy you a drink if I lived in texas.

• Brohoof 1

I don't know huffpo (huffingtopost I assume). Are they really not credible? What makes them not?

Flintstones.

https://www.quora.com/Why-is-Huffington-Post-widely-hated

They're the flintstones

https://huffpost.com/us/entry/us_581cb952e4b0d9ce6fbb7c1e

They're the

http://www.debate.org/opinions/do-you-think-that-the-huffington-post-is-offensive-and-racially-biased

Modern stone age family

He's a fucking twat and has no business running for President..

Citation Needed

CitationNeeded.Gif

There are very few (if any) media outlets that can be considered truly impartial.  The Huffington Post, although they are seemingly rather more centred now, began as an unashamedly liberal-left outlet.  Irrespective of their current stance, a reputation for bias is something that will always be hard to shake off.

The perceived credibility of any media will always be tied to the position of the beholder.  In the same way that liberals will scoff at Fox news as being a conservative mouthpiece, the Huffington post will attract exactly the same kind of dismissal from conservatives.

You really have to try and work past the media and get to the original source material if you want something that isn't skewed by an editorial slant one way or the other.  Of course, even the source material can be weighted depending on the agenda of whosoever has produced it.

Basically is it hard to accept any media outlet as being particularly credible, and the media industry brought that mistrust on themselves.

With the way Beatrice talked, I'd thought them to have had an history of making facts up to support their bias. Quite true most aren't impartial, but with what people reported in the links emerald provided, they're very clearly and intentionally distorting the truth to manipulate the opinion, such as digging up as much dirt on Trump as they can while not doing the same for Clinton. I hope for them and their readers this isn't true, but I'm afraid of knowing the answer...

Anyway, thanks for your answers. :grin:

Not only is a vote for Trump a vote for a dangerous fascist meglomaniac, but it a also vote to allow Trump's buddy Vladimir Putin to do or invade who he pleases.

I thought Trump was all about China? :lol:

A vote for Clinton is a vote for double standards, higher-@$$ debt, no national security whatsoever, and outright treason.

A vote for Trump is a vote for giving up your house should you live near the Rio Grande River

• Brohoof 1

I had a point bringing up pence but you just ignored it like it didn't matter. Saying something along the lines of "I'm sure he doesn't intend to work against people's rights" is a statement that I need you to somehow verify. Because from where I'm standing, that's just ignoring the problem. You can't just say, "well, it'll probably be fine" that's not good enough.

(1) "the United States still lacks a federal law outlawing discrimination nationwide, leaving many states without any protections from discrimination, other than from federal executive orders which are more limited in scope than from protections through federal legislation."

(2) "some frequent examples of discrimination and other forms of oppression faced by the transgender community are violence and hate crimes, homelessness, poverty, sexual assault, housing discrimination, employment discrimination, harassment, bullying, disproportionate rates of arrest and incarceration, prison and immigration violence and mistreatment, airport security humiliation, HIV+/AIDS and health disparities"

I don't know, those are the replies trump gives in "serious arguments" and it's worked out great for him. They served a point, so let's not get salty about it.

If you want to play this game I can certainly play it. I might reply sooner, I might reply later. Because I have a life to get to. I really, really would rather not get into this long-winded debate. You need to take it upon yourself to investigate these things. There's a reason I'm not voting for trump, several reasons. It's not just because I don't like him, or I don't think he would make a good president as he's exceptionally ill-prepared. But you yourself shouldn't be swayed by a person's words alone- trump's actions speak better for him. And his actions speak very loudly to me about a number of things, including the fact that he was perfectly willing to make a lot of money for himself without giving back to the communities he profited from, and that despite what he's said regarding LGBT rights, his actions speak to the contrary. 

What the hell do you want the government to do about the higher rate of AIDS among the LGTBQRST21!Z community?

Also:

>Implying that there must be tons of discrimination because there's no law against it.

The vast majority of people, myself included, don't give a shit about what you do in your own home. I'm just fed up with identity politics.

Edited by Ra1nbowCrasH

Not only is a vote for Trump a vote for a dangerous fascist meglomaniac, but it a also vote to allow Trump's buddy Vladimir Putin to do or invade who he pleases.

I didn't know Trump was fascist,  :ooh:  but that just makes me support him more!

Edited by Blackshirt Brony
  • Brohoof 6

*A pokeball appears and spins*

I have a fairly simple opinion on the guy. I don't like him, I personally think he is an arrogant hot-head that thinks he is better than everyone else because of his money and I do not want him winning this election. I fear a day where I hear that he is in power.

He disgusts me. He's a privileged, money-grabbing, racist, sexist, childish, ignorant, exaggerative, narcissistic, bigoted liar. I could probably think of more words to describe him but can't be bothered.

This whole election is ridiculous. It's like a parody of an election. I'm so happy I'm British.

A wild LIBERAL ECHO CHAMBER THREAD appeared!

Go, EmeraldStar!

EmeraldStar used CHECKLIST!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19aQ52y373f3e31E3NPTe6P4E3KLUY767KF2DPnWiFM0/htmlview?sle=true#gid=0

IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE!

Hilarry fainted!

EmeraldStar won the battle!

Would you prefer that Hillary let her husband Bill do WHO he pleases?

(Lol please don't ban me for that joke, it needed to be said)

Also Putin isn't evil. Hillary thinks he is and wants war with russia. Global thermonuclear war. The kind where people like Hillary get to hide in rich bunkers while the rest of humanity is nuked.

• Brohoof 2

No seriously, I took the example of technophobia but there's an even better example right under our noses. MLP. Bronies are discriminated against/hated simply because they're bronies. Is the discrimination/hate rate higher than for another community? I don't think so. 

Now that's laughable. 

Are bronies hated more? are they misunderstood more than say, the sonic community? the undertale community? the star wars community? hell yes they are, and have been. How am I meant to take you seriously when you say things like this? you're outside the US telling me these people don't have it worse than straight white males here. It's completely absurd. 

Now that's laughable. 

Are bronies hated more? are they misunderstood more than say, the sonic community? the undertale community? the star wars community? hell yes they are, and have been. How am I meant to take you seriously when you say things like this? you're outside the US telling me these people don't have it worse than straight white males here. It's completely absurd. 

*sigh* Please do not move the goal posts, that is dishonest to do so. I have asked for rates to prove your point giving silly examples that went through my head at the moment. You're picking one single detail and replying only about this single detail. Logical fallacies... Now if you could reply to me and actually provide me with the figures I have been asking for in my posts? Please?

• Brohoof 1

*sigh* Please do not move the goal posts, that is dishonest to do so. I have asked for rates to prove your point giving silly examples that went through my head at the moment. You're picking one single detail and replying only about this single detail. Logical fallacies... Now if you could reply to me and actually provide me with the figures I have been asking for in my posts? Please?

You say that while you've been dodging me this whole time. I've provided a few dozen links from various sources. I've provided you with all you could ask for to at least make you see this is a real issue here in my country. You're treating it very disrespectfully. Here's some figures for you:

http://lgbt.foundation/About-us/media/facts-and-figures/

but my guess, based on what's seemed to be the theme here, is that won't suffice. You'll want more, and more, and more. Fine. If you still won't take it seriously, I'll keep spoon-feeding you more. 

Those face discrimination as well, yet they don't come crying about it, because it's not heavier than what any other community has to deal with. So again, please provide me with rates that prove LGBT are facing heavier discrimination and I might agree.

Do you have any idea how entirely disrespectful this is? you want "rates". Rates, rates, rates. You don't care about all the other stuff I gave you. Numbers, graphs, articles, whatever. That's not good enough for you to acknowledge this, from your high place outside of america. Wherever it is. 

Blacks face disproportionate discrimination compared to white heterosexuals.

So do gay people. 

So do muslims, in fact. 

That's all I've been saying. My confusion is why I get random people telling me it's no big deal and people should just shut up about it.

Text just above this post.

Ahh, now I can see some figures that show me there is significantly higher discrimination against LGBT than the average person! Thanks. :)

So now I think I can say that I agreed all along to the discrimination issues against LGBT. They indeed are facing it in higher numbers, and not just in your country. In mine as well, in others as well, it's not a local problem like you seem to think. The same thing goes for black people in white-dominated countries, and the same thing goes for white people in black-dominated communities. Bronies have faced issues, Muslims have faced those as well, Jews as well, fat people as well (omg I said fat!!), many communities have.

The problem I have with sharpshooting the LGBT issue is that it doesn't address any other form of discrimination. It won't stop the discrimination against bronies for example. So should the bronies start to have their own parade Then another community does the same, and another one? Until we have many laws specific to each of those communities but enforcing the exact same rights?

No. Equal rights means what it means. There shouldn't be any kind of discrimination at all. The only cases where there should be specific laws is when there are specific problems, such as gay couples being unable to have children of their own. To deal with the discrimination issue, one should deal with it not on a community by community basis, but by addressing all of them in one fell swoop.

Anyway, your points lacked the evidence to support them, giving many links I'm sure you hadn't even checked. 38 through 58, you just copied/pasted. Overflooding with information does not a point make. That is why I asked you to give a link that could substantiate your claims that the discrimination was heavier, so that your point could be made crystal clear to all.

As for being disrespectful, I may have been and I apologise. You were losing your patience with others and it showed, so I unintentionally phrased a thing or two more offensively that I meant. I'll just note you have been quite disrespectful yourself in your last reply. Since I do not want this to escalate in a hate war over a misunderstanding, let's cut it here and now, shall we? No need to be uncivil. :grin:

Edited by Ninjaed

A vote for Clinton is a vote for double standards, higher-@$$ debt, no national security whatsoever, and outright treason.

A vote for trump is a vote for the apocalypse.

• Brohoof 2

Buddy? Lmao. Putin has barely said a thing about the elections because he likely doesn't trust anyone until they prove otherwise trustable. You also said he's (Trump) is fascist. I don't think Putin would like that, seeing as how the fascists in Russia get smacked around ;D

Hillary's a fucking twat and has no business running for President..

Aye.

Edited by ARagY
  • Brohoof 3

I always have to remind people it's not just trump alone that's the problem. It's the republican party. Mike Pence? have you heard of him? he's trump's chosen running mate. He's about as anti-LGBT as they come. Take a minute and look into his track record on gay rights, for your own good.

If trump wins, it's not just trump who wins. It's all the people who want to inflict real harm on you, and all the kinds of people here commenting. Just keep that all in mind when you vote. Even putting all else aside, trump has 0 political experience. He can't and doesn't answer questions directly put to him. He wants to be president because he has a colossal ego. The guy had his own reality show dedicated to him he and erects buildings all over bearing his name in giant gold letters for christ sake. He doesn't know the first thing about being president, and he certainly doesn't care about gay people.

You said it. You said the thing. The way he answers things. It's like reading a damn 2000 word essay from a person who doesn't know the answer.

I accept the results of this election. I hope President Trump proves my concerns wrong.

Really, despite my feelings for the election I doubt it's going to have a lasting effect on me. Within a week I'll end up returning to my regular habits, playing 4X video games and chess and killing myself with hours of study. And the apocalypse won't come. Life goes on.

• Brohoof 3