Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pepsi Or Coke?

Ed Lyons

Pepsi Or Coke?  

61 users have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer Pepsi or Coke?

• Pepsi
    • Coke

One of the most heated discussions in history (maybe not) is here! This thread will discuss the question: Pepsi or Coca-Cola? By this, I also mean coca cola or Pepsi products (diet versions etc.) as well. Personally, I'm a massive Pepsi drinker. It's cheaper than coke, sweeter, more flavour, better flavour and coke has gone from 2l to 1.75l and still costing more, while Pepsi is still at 2l and costs less (this is in the uk). I mainly drink Pepsi max and probably drink more of it than water.

sig-4724888.mlp_coke_vs__pepsi_drawing_b

I do not own this picture. Full credit goes to foxtail20gamer on deviant art

Edited by Theo Arrowsmith
  • Brohoof 3

So Though, I love em all but If I forced to Choose, It would be Pepsi.

Coca-Cola is really Cool and all but I'm really really Love Pepsi!

also, My Parents wouldn't let me drink Pepsi.

Edited by Zachary
  • Brohoof 2

I don't really drink either that much anymore but I have to say Coca-Cola , but only the "normal" coke, diet versions taste terrible. Pepsi is aright but it shares little bit a same taste with a diet versions of coke and I just don't like that taste. 

Pepsi has a sharper taste, and coke is a bit tamer.

If you like super ice cold beverages, that possibly get water down by the ice, pepsi is more likely to be your drink, since it has taste to spare.  
if you like something with a bit more subtlety, then coke is more likely to be your drink.

There's nothing wrong with either preference, but I find them to be different enough that I can see why someone might logically prefer one over the other.

Personally, my drink is original recipe Dr Pepper, which you can easily get here in texas.  It's even smoother than coke, the sharpness is almost completely gone. 

Edited by weesh
  • Brohoof 1

Soda is one of the worst things you can have long-term. It contributes to diabetes, heart disease, weight gain, moodiness caused from vein damage reducing oxygen flow to the brain, arthritis, cancer. 

• Brohoof 1

Am I the only one who can't really taste the difference? If I drink soda I'll drink diet/zero. I'll just buy whatever's cheapest/whatever I pick up first. I shop in Lidl (a discount supermarket in Europe) a lot and mostly buy their own brand diet cola:

123p9b7.jpg

It tastes fine to me.

• Brohoof 2

Am I the only one who can't really taste the difference? 

it is possible to taste the difference, and it makes sense that the people that can tell will have a preference.  

but your post calls attention to the fact that they are ridiculously similar.  we only care about the difference between because we CAN compare.

you shouldn't spend more money on a TV because you can tell a slight quality difference in the TV stores.  you will NEVER make that comparison again.  the truth is that both are fine TVs.

If you pay a premium for one that looks better in the store, you are a fool.  a very human fool, but a fool nonetheless.  

Its similarly a bit silly to be super passionate about them, because sugar water is not a pressing issue in our lives.

but then, passion is fun, so why not be a bit silly about sugar water from time to time? 

• Brohoof 1

it is possible to taste the difference, and it makes sense that the people that can tell will have a preference.  

but your post calls attention to the fact that they are ridiculously similar.  we only care about the difference between because we CAN compare.

you shouldn't spend more money on a TV because you can tell a slight quality difference in the TV stores.  you will NEVER make that comparison again.  the truth is that both are fine TVs.

If you pay a premium for one that looks better in the store, you are a fool.  a very human fool, but a fool nonetheless.  

Its similarly a bit silly to be super passionate about them, because sugar water is not a pressing issue in our lives.

but then, passion is fun, so why not be a bit silly about sugar water from time to time? 

I very rarely buy branded food lol. I don't really see the point. Value food normally tastes just fine, sometimes it's even nicer. 

• Brohoof 1

I tend to drift between the two drinks although I do prefer Coke given how it was usually the first option that came up whenever I asked what kind of drinks are available whenever I go to a restaurant.

I don't have neither Coke nor Pepsi too often. As I am trying to stay healthy, I tend to avoid drinking them.

Though if I were to make a choice, Pepsi (not only is their cola kind of better than Coke's imo, they own 7Up and Mountain Dew for crying out loud. Who wouldn't want an MLG drink like Mountain Dew that is owned by Pepsi Co.? ;) ).

• Brohoof 1

I prefer Pepsi to Coke, but I'll always take Mountain Dew and Dr. Pepper over them both. I'll generally drink any caffeinated soda tbh.

If we can have a thread like this, would I be allowed to make the debate thread for best girl in Evangelion? I have very strong feelings on that topic.

Why is this in the debate pit? Anyway I prefer Pepsi. The reason being is that coke is too spicy and I don't want too much pop going on in my tongue, I drink Pepsi for that deep caramel flavor and that tart phosphorus acid with some high fructose corn syrup dropping in with some sweet ambiance. Plus Pepsi's symbol is patriotic and has the three 'murica colors, red, white and blue!

Coca-Cola is the faraway winner for me. It is less sweet than Pepsi and has more complex bitter notes, which I enjoy from a soft drink (I also like root beer, so that would make sense I guess).

In the US, Pepsi and Coke are the same price, and both are still available in 2 liter bottles (although those 1.75 creep up from time to time.)

I think the perfect size is the traditional 8 oz glass Cokes, but it's just not cost efficient to buy those. 

I visited the Coca-Cola museum once in Atlanta, and that was a lot of fun.

Why is this in the debate pit?

Because it's the most important debate of all time. It nearly destroyed the country in the 80s.

my favorite soda drink is Coca Cola Vanilla. I equally like Coca cola and Pepsi and I drink both. my fav Pepsi is Pepsi twist (lemon)

Edited by zerox

Uh, why is this thread in the debate pit?

Am I the only one who can't really taste the difference?

I'm the opposite, I don't understand how people can't tell the difference. The difference is huge if you ask me.

Anyway, I prefer Pepsi slightly over Coca Cola but I like both. If I've had a lot of Pepsi recently I tend to buy Coca Cola or something else next time and vice versa.