Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who here is unemployed?

zerox

Yeah, I used to, but not anymore. My parents agreed to pay for my post graduate education on the condition that I quit my job at Manila Ocean Park (basically Philippine Sea World),So I did.

Now I'm just a full-time student .-. I miss the Ocean Park... Had some really fun times °¬°

• Brohoof 2

I am, yeah. I'm claiming disability as I have a condition called Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, I experience chronic pain, chronic fatigue and anxiety due to it.

I'm looking for a part-time job, though. I need something to do.

• Brohoof 2

I'm in college right now and my parents don't want me to have a job while I'm working on school. But I did have a summer job at a pizza place back home. This summer I plan on volunteering at a local animal shelter though instead of making money.

(edited)

At the moment, i still dont have a real Job.

But im working in some sort of Work Preparing...um..measurement..thing.

Dont know the correct English term, but at least im working for 11 Months now.

Edited by Tweakbright Spirkle

I'm also on disability although mine is mental as opposed to physical. I could get a job but it would need to be something that was simple for me to do, and paid very little for it for personal reasons. Technically, I do run a side-business selling cards on EBay though this is small compared to the big stores they have there.

• Brohoof 1

I feel pretty useless too :( I've been looking into making "Quiet Books" for small children. I've made a couple of pages already. My nephew really likes them so I will make some for him. I really need to buy more felt. If they turn out decent I may start selling them on eBay/Etsy.

I quit my job to go back to school.

I wouldn't say I'm "unemployed" in a sense that I'm in a hole. I can tell you that my old job would rehire me in a flash if they could. =P

Underemployed, representing.

I got my hours cut back at work to where I'm working three four-hour days because of new freight system. So I got to start putting out applications to find either a second job or a new job to replace this. The crazy thing is that I'm getting emails for new positions available at where I work already, that being Home Depot.

So maybe I can ask to see and then put in for a second position there just so I don't have to worry about inter-job travel. I already have to worry about whether or not I got to drive there from Lansing because of school.

I have been unemployed for a while now, I was a hospital corpsman in the navy, after my enlistment was over, I saw little employment opportunities left. I am at least a volunteer at a wolf sanctuary and the zoo, I do have a degree in zoology, and more than a decade of experience with animals, domestic and exotic. Despite this, zoology offers little employment opportunities, few people are willing to pour money into wild animals, kind of like the navy, most of the investment when to our weapons and leaders, leaving the enlisted with what's left over, you be surprised how little we got paid, compared to the officers, who were mostly rich academy guys, my brother found this out too, his enlistment in the army airborne just ended, and he has just a few dollars left, nevertheless, I do love working with animals, the wolves that I work with are gentle and energetic, that is something that money will never value, the affection of a majestic canine.

Well I'm still in high school so it's not as bad as you'd assume. I have been looking for a job the last few months, still hopeful that I can work somewhere. I recently applied to 4 Papa John's places near me.

I've been unemployed for the better part of the year do to concerns over my mental health. Right now I'm looking into disability until I can get back on my feet so to speak, and I do have plans to start job hunting sometime early next year. 

• Brohoof 1

I am now but that's because I'm in University which is a handful on it's own.  I used to have a full time job and I did good there so I'm not too worried about it.  I will probably get a new job when school is done in the summer.

Aye.

I feel guilty not working. I see people working their butts off and think I should be out there with them.

That being said, working is simply not a viable option. I have clinical depression, fibromyalgia (chronic pain), chronic anxiety, OCD, severe fatigue, type 1 diabetes, allergies to latex and peanuts/tree nuts (these are more serious issues than you may think--you won't believe how many things have latex and nuts in them)...the list goes on.

I would be screwed without government assistance!  

Me. Ain't nobody wanna hire a teenager. I have had jobs before, however. I was a box boy at a grocery store, and most recently, a zombie actor.

what's a box boy? sounds great!

is it the same as "grocery bagger"?

I used to do that, I called myself a shop girl :P

• Brohoof 1

what's a box boy? sounds great!

is it the same as "grocery bagger"?

I used to do that, I called myself a shop girl :P

Technically, yes. We had more liberties and responsibilities than baggers in big stores, though. We cleaned up any messes, bagged/carried out groceries, unloaded/organized/stocked goods, answered questions, and took phone calls. Depending on who arrived earlier, we were also responsible for opening and closing up the store. If you were experienced, you could also manage a till.

But we spent a lot of time hanging out, chatting, eating, listening to music, and even dancing (the manager and supervisors were very chill). It was a fun job while I was there.

• 2 years later...