Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will the show ever have canon lesbians?

Tilgoreth

why do I bother if everyone 'll just hate me anyways.

Idk what you mean by hate, I dont hate you, or are you talking about irl? People can disagree and not hate each other. Perhaps where you come from its made itself more clear in such a way but its not always true. Or perhaps you are lesbian and feel irl people would hate you anyways, but I think that idea is the lower chance compared to the other interpretations of what you said. 

• Brohoof 1

Idk what you mean by hate, I dont hate you, or are you talking about irl? People can disagree and not hate each other. Perhaps where you come from its made itself more clear in such a way but its not always true. Or perhaps you are lesbian and feel irl people would hate you anyways, but I think that idea is the lower chance compared to the other interpretations of what you said.

I could literally post anything and you'd call me Jesus Christ. Regardless meant because people keep correcting cannon to Canon. I didn't know there was a difference I. Spelling.

why do I bother if everyone 'll just hate me anyways.

What do you mean?  I was just goofing; I wasn't out to hurt anyone's feelings.  I see the "cannon" misspelling a lot on the site, and I find it amusing.  I don't think anyone in this topic hates you.

Regardless meant because people keep correcting cannon to Canon. I didn't know there was a difference I. Spelling.

You aren't the only person to use the wrong "canon"; not by a long shot.  It's a VERY common mistake.  I wouldn't have pointed it out if I'd known you'd be bothered by it; I just saw a pun opportunity and couldn't resist.  I apologize.

• Brohoof 2

That's just fan interpretation.

Please take off the heterosexual glasses. 

I don't even ship those two and it was MORE THAN OBVIOUS to anyone with half a brain that it all but screamed they were a lesbian couple. The only left to complete seal it was a kiss or the words "I love you".

bon_bon_x_lyra__request__by_the_queen_of

Edited by Fluttershyponygal
  • Brohoof 2

What do you mean?  I was just goofing; I wasn't out to hurt anyone's feelings.  I see the "cannon" misspelling a lot on the site, and I find it amusing.  I don't think anyone in this topic hates you.

You aren't the only person to use the wrong "canon"; not by a long shot.  It's a VERY common mistake.  I wouldn't have pointed it out if I'd known you'd be bothered by it; I just saw a pun opportunity and couldn't resist.  I apologize.

I was just joking. I don't really care. I also didn't know there was a difference. And that meme was funny

1) What makes you think that? 2) He didn't, he claimed it was canon.

it was based off of how he phrased it.

Please take off the heterosexual glasses. 

I don't even ship those two and it was MORE THAN OBVIOUS to anyone with half a brain that it all but screamed they were a lesbian couple. The only left to complete seal it was a kiss or the words "I love you".

sig-4767563.bon_bon_x_lyra__request__by_

I can see what you mean.Mlp

It was not. Sure, there were a few hints here and there but that doesn't make it canon.

Exactly what I thought..Mlp

Mecha musume howitzers reloading each other with thick, long shells ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Anyhow, I wouldn’t mind a lesbian pair under a few conditions:

-Not relevant to plot: that means no inclusion lessons or intolerance finger-pointing

-Casual introduction with no coming out of the closet hullabaloo. Characters should treat it as relatively uncommon yet ordinary thing

-Not Mane 6

-H-Bro rejects all affiliations with LGBT organizations and/or movements if asked about it

• Brohoof 2

-Not relevant to plot: that means no inclusion lessons or intolerance finger-pointing

-Casual introduction with no coming out of the closet hullabaloo. Characters should treat it as relatively uncommon yet ordinary thing

-Not Mane 6

-H-Bro rejects all affiliations with LGBT organizations and/or movements if asked about it

I was going to say that it should be just subtle, a simple drop like, "Yeah, I saw that movie yesterday with my girlfriend.  It was nice!"

What I don't want to see is what Bioware did in Mass Effect 3, a la:

"HEY GUYS!  I'M A NEW CHARACTER AND THIS IS MY FIRST SCENE, AND LET ME TELL YOU WHAT, I AM SO GAY!  YOU KNOW THAT FEMALE AI THAT RUNS THE SHIP?  TOTALLY HAVE A CRUSH ON HER ALREADY!  DID I MENTION THAT I LIKE WOMEN?"

As I said before, I'm not homophobic and I don't mind LGBT representation in mainstream media, but for God's sake, don't shoehorn it in just to virtue signal.  A gay character cares just as much about their sexuality as a straight person does, which is to say that the average person doesn't bring it up in every conversation.

• Brohoof 5

There's no reason to have straight characters.

You are right, there is no reason, except straight characters wont cause unnecessary controversy

I dont care either way, its a little girls show, you dont need to force your sexuality into it. No sexuality needs to be in it.

• Brohoof 2

-Not Mane 6

Yeah that would a good idea.

I was going to say that it should be just subtle, a simple drop like, "Yeah, I saw that movie yesterday with my girlfriend.  It was nice!"

What I don't want to see is what Bioware did in Mass Effect 3, a la:

"HEY GUYS!  I'M A NEW CHARACTER AND THIS IS MY FIRST SCENE, AND LET ME TELL YOU WHAT, I AM SO GAY!  YOU KNOW THAT FEMALE AI THAT RUNS THE SHIP?  TOTALLY HAVE A CRUSH ON HER ALREADY!  DID I MENTION THAT I LIKE WOMEN?"

As I said before, I'm not homophobic and I don't mind LGBT representation in mainstream media, but for God's sake, don't shoehorn it in just to virtue signal.  A gay character cares just as much about their sexuality as a straight person does, which is to say that the average person doesn't bring it up in every conversation.

Exactly what I was thinking about on this matter.

You are right, there is no reason, except straight characters wont cause unnecessary controversy

I dont care either way, its a little girls show, you dont need to force your sexuality into it. No sexuality needs to be in it.

You win I don't want to argue anymore.

I don't care either way....there could be lesbians, bisexual ponies, gay stallions, or even asexual ponies. I don't care, as for whether or not there will be lesbians in the show, I don't know.

Yeah it doesn't matter we.

I don't think it's going to happen, mainly just because they wouldn't want to take a such a risk with a series that has already been established as a moneymaker. Shows that have pulled it off, like Steven Universe, weren't already established, so they were able to take that risk. I'd like to see it, but it doesn't seem likely.

• Brohoof 1

For the show it is, it isn't even necessary.

Leave the issue of sexuality alone for a show geared towards little girls who aren't at all aware of their own sexual preference yet.

Steven Universe, The Loude House, Legend Of Korra, and Clarence all have either gay or bisexual(Korra) characters.

I don't think it's going to happen, mainly just because they wouldn't want to take a such a risk with a series that has already been established as a moneymaker. Shows that have pulled it off, like Steven Universe, weren't already established, so they were able to take that risk. I'd like to see it, but it doesn't seem likely.

Yeah I agree with that statement.

Unlikely. Remember a large portion of the target demographic.

sig-4773508.usa-american-flag-gif-3.gif

I agree with that. Also I want to make clear that I'm not an SJW. Or a feminist.

There is only one ship that could possibly qualify for this glory and that is obviously Rarijack

As if it wasn't obvious you didn't love Applejack. Granted I wouldn't mind that one. But only if they didn't make it suck. Whenever they have an episode it's mostly boring or annoying.

Lyra and Bon Bon are official canon lesbian already, if Slice of Life isnt enough for you, Rainbow Rocks and Friendship Games short are over the place, pick whatever you like, there are many evidence they are not just "best friends", what do you guys want? more lesbians? Lesbian is Magic? You want Words of God to confirmed your lewd headcanon ?

Edited by Lambdadelta
  • Brohoof 2

Lyra and Bon Bon are official canon lesbian already, if Slice of Life isnt enough for you, Rainbow Rocks and Friendship Games short are over the place, pick whatever you like, there are many evidence they are not just "best friends", what do you guys want? more lesbians? Lesbian is Magic? You want Words of God to confirmed lewd headcanon ?

They're already an item as far as I'm concerned.

• Brohoof 1

If the writers are going to make two characters canonically lesbian, it'll probably be Lyra and Bon Bon and it'll probably be done through word of god rather than onscreen.

I'd like them cough cough to kiss. But that won't happen.

I think that'd be pushing their luck a little bit. It could be cute, though.

Yeah I feel the same way about it. Mlp fun mop

Lyra and Bon Bon are official canon lesbian already, if Slice of Life isnt enough for you, Rainbow Rocks and Friendship Games short are over the place, pick whatever you like, there are many evidence they are not just "best friends", what do you guys want? more lesbians? Lesbian is Magic? You want Words of God to confirmed lewd headcanon ?

No I flatter with what you are saying.

They're already an item as far as I'm concerned.

Hey was Aurora supposed to be Starlight' s original name? Also I agree.