Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will the show ever have canon lesbians?

Tilgoreth

I think that's a little more daring than they want to be. I'd be open to the idea, but I don't know if they trust the parents of parts of their audience to be as understanding.

Yeah but both cartoon network and Nickelodeon have cartoons with gay characters. There are a bunch of lesbians in Steven Universe. And The Loud House Lincoln's best friend has two dads.

Yeah but both cartoon network and Nickelodeon have cartoons with gay characters. There are a bunch of lesbians in Steven Universe. And The Loud House Lincoln's best friend has two dads.

Kora, SU, and Loud House have a different target demographic than FiM according to the people who produce the show. I wouldn't mind it, but I think very subtle hints are all we are going to get (Lyra and Bon Bon).

• Brohoof 5

Kora, SU, and Loud House have a different target demographic than FiM according to the people who produce the show. I wouldn't mind it, but I think very subtle hints are all we are going to get (Lyra and Bon Bon).

Yeah that's to bad especially with other cartoons having gay characters.

The show probably won't have cannon lesbians as that may not be seen as acceptable in a children's show by the majority of people

Legend Of Korea and Steven Universe have cannon lesbians. Well in Korra there bisexual.

Why are bronies so obsessed with gay shippings in MLP anyway.

Women are ultra hot. Seriously though who cares.

Because shippers will ship and there are people petty enough to demand that the show should validate it.

You don't understand he point of shipping. It's just a fun fan thing. And for most people it's casual.
  • Brohoof 1

Ok this show is strictly about friendship and not ever show needs to have things about relationships.  

Equestrian girls seems to be the one focusing on relationships and other teenage girl problems like so if you have to do things with relationships then it should be strictly on EG and not on mlp.

• Brohoof 3

Obviously the reason there isn't open lesbian relationships is because Celestia has forbidden it by royal decree, as she is a traditional pony. Thus mares must keep their relationships secret unless they wanna end up in the dungeons of Canterlot.

• Brohoof 2

Cannons are inanimate objects, and therefore have no sexual desires! :P

Stop trolling. Be cereal.

Prime time adult show, no problem. I doubt anyone would even question it. This is a TVY cartoon.  That is WAY past what they can do & keep that rating.

Legend of Korra had murder and sucide. Its still rated Tvy

Ok this show is strictly about friendship and not ever show needs to have things about relationships.  

Equestrian girls seems to be the one focusing on relationships and other teenage girl problems like so if you have to do things with relationships then it should be strictly on EG and not on mlp.

I can see your point with that.

I don't think so. I wouldn't personally care either way if they did but that's not a realistic option for this show.

Alright nice to have your I put.

The show kind of chickened out with Lyra and Bon Bon in season 5, so I don't think so.

Yeah I can understand what you mean.

Maybe Bisexual since a couple of games had that option if you played as a female especially if they get treated as a male but solely lesbian, probably not.

I guess all we'd at is a tease.

What the hell is the point? That's my question.

There is no reason to have homosexual characters except for unnecessary controversy

There's no reason to have straight characters.

Obviously the reason there isn't open lesbian relationships is because Celestia has forbidden it by royal decree, as she is a traditional pony. Thus mares must keep their relationships secret unless they wanna end up in the dungeons of Canterlot.

That way Celestia can keep all the mares for herself.

And attract even more whiny soccer moms than the Derpygate incident? Uh.....no.

I guess didn't ink of that.

No. If it did MLP would gather a lot of attention again for all the wrong reasons.

Legend of Korra had murder and sucide. Its still rated Tvy

No it isn't. It is rated TV-Y7-FV. With recommendations that it should be PG. It is a far cry from what we see and have seen on MLP.

Parents groups freak out way more over sex than they do violence... if the ponies started beheading each other, it would cause controversy, but with some rating adjustments could actually probably keep on going just with the sizable adult audience it already has. (Not saying people would like it, just that it could conceivably still keep airing)

They confirm Lyra and Bon Bon are a legitimate couple (and let's be honest, the only way to confirm it beyond all doubt for the fandom is to do some sort of sex scene or make out scene, even a gentle kiss would still probably cause many to argue it doesn't mean anything) and people would lose their shit. Literally. Some shows can get away with it because of their ratings and the place and time they air. They also are aiming at a different demographic and not hawking toys to little kids.

The show is fine where it is, let it gently imply things and let viewers decide for themselves what it means and Hasbro can tell those who want to make an issue of it to get their minds out of the gutter.

• Brohoof 4

Boy, I sure hope not.

I know there's the thing about Bon Bon and Lyra, but all we've seen between them is that they're just best friends.

Are you homophobic? Like are you?

No. If it did MLP would gather a lot of attention again for all the wrong reasons.

No it isn't. It is rated TV-Y7-FV. With recommendations that it should be PG. It is a far cry from what we see and have seen on MLP.

Parents groups freak out way more over sex than they do violence... if the ponies started beheading each other, it would cause controversy, but with some rating adjustments could actually probably keep on going just with the sizable adult audience it already has. (Not saying people would like it, just that it could conceivably still keep airing)

They confirm Lyra and Bon Bon are a legitimate couple (and let's be honest, the only way to confirm it beyond all doubt for the fandom is to do some sort of sex scene or make out scene, even a gentle kiss would still probably cause many to argue it doesn't mean anything) and people would lose their shit. Literally. Some shows can get away with it because of their ratings and the place and time they air. They also are aiming at a different demographic and not hawking toys to little kids.

The show is fine where it is, let it gently imply things and let viewers decide for themselves what it means and Hasbro can tell those who want to make an issue of it to get their minds out of the gutter.

I never said I wanted mlp to be violent. Also I see your point. Listen just two mares kissing isn't above a Tv Y rating. Especially when characters have kissed before.

My question is, why on earth does it NEED gay pony parings? That's what I wanna know

It's completely unnecesary

Do you hate gay people? Mlp.