Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

It is hard being a celebrity?

Jon the VGNerd

Sure we love to be well-known to the world and become like the legends without any issues, though it seems that nowadays celebrities, younger and current ones, can't seem to live a normal life without a random paparazzi invading privacy in order for it to go public on the media. There are some good, some are not, and if you were to be a famous celebrity, be it from movies or sports, would you be fine with all the attention from the public swarming in, especially if they were to find at your home? Or would you be better off as a normal person without all the publicity completely invading your private life?

Here's the image:

paparazzi-003.jpg

I wouldn't know but I assumed yes? I would be  annoyed if I were being peep tom(ed) every seconds of my life.

• Brohoof 1

I wouldn't mind being an actor or do some work as an Extra, but not an A-lister of course no. Last thing I need is paparazzi all over you taking pictures of your private life. I hate that. And to make things worse, making up s***ty news that isn't true just to make you look bad.

• Brohoof 3

Oh no, being a celebrity would be a nightmare! I could not imagine having people trying to pry into my personal life, publish rumors about me in a magazine, and needing bodyguards everywhere I went. My anxiety would go through the roof knowing that people were judging my every move. Some can handle the pressures of fame, but I'm perfectly content living a normal life. I'd much rather do as I please without having to hide from the press. :proud: 

• Brohoof 5

3 hours ago, Kiri said:

Oh no, being a celebrity would be a nightmare! I could not imagine having people trying to pry into my personal life, publish rumors about me in a magazine, and needing bodyguards everywhere I went. My anxiety would go through the roof knowing that people were judging my every move. Some can handle the pressures of fame, but I'm perfectly content living a normal life. I'd much rather do as I please without having to hide from the press. :proud: 

+1

I wanted to be a celebrity as well, but even athletes aren't immune to being swarmed at by the public, including people invading private lives. I love fame and fortune, but not what I'd end up looking for unless I'm careful.

• Brohoof 1

I'd think so, it can probably be very stressful at times knowing one wrong move could possibly ruin your life. But I'm sure knowing hundreds of people adore you would balance it out... or make it worse. I wouldn't know, ask me again if my YouTube career kicks off.

I would never know this life. If I did I would step down from it. I would gain myself to ignore the paparazzi and go watch my little pony. 

But the work of an artist rarely gets much of its credit during their life. So my fame would/will come after I die. :proud:

I'm not a control freak by nature, but I do enjoy being able to better determine my own levels of privacy and you lose that with any real fame. That sort of attention would make me highly uncomfortable. 

I would imagine that may be the worst thing for celebs. Also the difficulty in determining who is being genuine toward you. 

I wouldn't want to be famous myself, but being relatively well known isn't really that bad. People like news anchors are known by a lot of people, but it's not like they're being followed in every little thing they do. A true, A-list celebrity, however, would probably have quite a crap life considering nothing they do will remain private. I couldn't bear to live like that, at any rate.

Jon recommended this to be moved to Media, and I think I agree with that. Moving. :)

I would rather be a normal person, to be honest. 

I could not do with all the attention and to have so little privacy. I would not like to sell my own privacy for fame. It is probably incredibly tough being famous (unless all you do is virtue signal to other people). 

Yes it is hard being a celebrity as you can even go out side with out the media, press and a whole slew of photographers swarming you ,asking everything about you, trying to pry into your personal affairs. It just sucks the only real benefit is you get paid amazingly.

I wouldn't want the attention of the paparazzi in my personal life; it would drive me nuts. I like my privacy too much. Celebrities get paid a lot of money and I figure that's one good reason to justify it. It's not about the play-acting in front of a camera or being swarmed by adoring fans out on the street; it's putting up with it when you're having your private life that public attention and acclaim goes too far.

• 3 weeks later...

Also to note that sports athletes count as celebrities as well, and even they are not entirely safe from other people invading their privacy and publishing their smallest mishaps to the public. Its pretty harrowing and makes it less fun to play various sports and being held against their will by the media.

• 3 years later...

Yeah because you don't have freedom of speech, anything you say can and will be used against you. Seriously, say something on a sensitive topic or even something that is slightly offensive even by accident will result in unpleasant consequences like the cancel culture attacking you or getting backlash. Also, as a celebrity your privacy is nonexistent.

Sure, I’d hate it. I’d hate the millions of dollars I’d get for having a dream job, I’d hate the adoration of millions, I’d hate living in the lap of luxury, and I’d hate having my opinion suddenly matter when people speak to me. I know I was a little more charitable when I commented on this thread at an earlier time, and it’s still true that the loss of personal privacy would be tiresome. But considering the salaries these people bring home, it has to be considered that the millions they make are compensation for that. It may also be true that they’re under a magnifying glass and everything they say may be overly scrutinized, twisted around and reported, but that’s the climate of the world now in any walk of life. If you don’t play the game you’ll be cancelled, labeled and ostracized. But if you’re a well-paid celebrity, one gig will net you enough money for any regular human being to comfortably retire on for the rest of their days. So they can suck it up, take the cash and let the fickle celebrity machine either glorify them in the spotlight or spit them out with yesterday’s trash. It probably wouldn’t hurt them to know the true value of money, which they’d be quickly reminded of if they had to go work a fast-food counter or countless other commonplace means of employment. 

• 4 months later...