Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Almost caught in the act

Grtxkkyz

When has watching MLP become more embarrassing than watching pr0n?

If this trend will hold, soon Bronies will hide their MLP images behind pr0n windows opened on top :P

It's just a cartoon. Don't make so much fuss about it.

Because by doing that, you're making impression as if it were something to be shy of.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

When has watching MLP become more embarrassing than watching pr0n?

If this trend will hold, soon Bronies will hide their MLP images behind pr0n windows opened on top :P

It's just a cartoon. Don't make so much fuss about it.

Because by doing that, you're making impression as if it were something to be shy of.

Its not that easy dude. Sure its easy for you and other bronies. But some of us dont have it that easy especially with parents. If my parents found out or any other family members or some people at my school, I would be destroyed.

All you have to do is look at some threads here of some people that came out as bronies. Sure there were some positives but there were also many negatives that had alot people regretting what they had done. And those negatives would be very similar to what i would experience.

Edited by GXPBlast

(edited)

I've seen a lot of such threads here, and I posted my advices in many of them. Go figure.

I know that there are circumstances where it's not always so easy, but in most of these cases it's all in people's minds. I mean, they do it to themselves, by making too much a big deal from watching a cartoon they like, as if it were something compared to coming out of the closet as being gay. If one behaves that way, their relatives start to think of it that way, too: as if it were something to be shy of, and just react accordingly.

Edited by SasQ

Im in a Military Cadet program, and a FireFighting academy.... so yeah. My best friend mentioned me when someone asked what a brony was.... it was embarassing at first..... until i realised nobody there understood what a  brony was after he had tried to explain it to them  xD 

Im in a Military Cadet program, and a FireFighting academy.... so yeah. My best friend mentioned me when someone asked what a brony was.... it was embarassing at first..... until i realised nobody there understood what a  brony was after he had tried to explain it to them  xD 

You would think how widespread the brony fandom is they would at least know it by name. I mean it is rather large lol

You would think how widespread the brony fandom is they would at least know it by name. I mean it is rather large lol

I was so surprised lol, but at the same time relieved... cause i would not have heard the end of it.

I was so surprised lol, but at the same time relieved... cause i would not have heard the end of it.

Well hopefully they found the honest and positive side of the fandom and not the media bashing Howard Stern like bashing side.

Because I am sure they were curious when you told them they went right to Google and searched what a brony is.

• Brohoof 1

Well hopefully they found the honest and positive side of the fandom and not the media bashing Howard Stern like bashing side.

Because I am sure they were curious when you told them they went right to Google and searched what a bronTh

They have forgotten lol, if they had i would know.... trust me. thats something that most of the guys i know would anounce to the world that " omg lol, he likes ponies!! LAWL.

(edited)

Yeah...I one time left ponify on by mistake while mom and I were reading something. She went crazy and her full bloom parent side showed up. 

She went into Defcon 1 Parent freakout mode.

"My son likes MLP AHHHHHHHHH we must send him to a psycologist now to get his brain pumped full of meds to clean of pony stuff becuase that is not what guys are supposed to like or maybe  just to be safe a labonomy"

Maybe not that extreme but you get the point.

We really need a ton of "manly men" and famous actors coming out as bronies and making it tredy and maybe it will help the cause lol.

Edited by GXPBlast
  • Brohoof 1

Yeah...I one time left ponify on by mistake while mom and I were reading something. She went crazy and her full bloom parent side showed up.

My mom wasn't like that when she found out in fact she was cool about it. I even watched episodes when my dad came into my room, and he didn't say anything about it. I guess it's the mindset of the parents.

• Brohoof 1

@@TwilightFire,

Yep, one thing's for sure is...you can't limit a person so much.

Sadly a lot of parents and much if society is not so accepting. But if you are lucky enough to have very open minded parents never take it for granted and consider yourself lucky.

Hahaha I was watching the Season 2 finale, and my friends walked in. They joined in to watch the Pinkie Pie use Twilight as a machine gun.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Hahaha I was watching the Season 2 finale, and my friends walked in. They joined in to watch the Pinkie Pie use Twilight as a machine gun.

If they are bronies to it does not count lol.

But if they were not, I guess that would not be too bad especially if they enjoyed it.

Edited by GXPBlast

If they are bronies to it does not count lol.

But if they were not, I guess that would not be too bad especially if they enjoyed it.

LOL they weren't. That's how my friends became bronies though :)

• Brohoof 1

I don't really care one way or the other if anyone finds out what show I like, but I did get odd looks once. I was in a thrift store doing some serious treasure hunting, when Katy Perry's California Gurls came on the radio. I didn't realize I was singing the Equestria Girls lyrics until a couple of teenage girls started giving me weird looks. I just kept on going! I was rockin' Goodwill with the pony goodness!

:P

• 1 month later...

LOL they weren't. That's how my friends became bronies though :)

Awesome, the bronyness is spreading, we grow in numbers rapidly each year. Its seems now theat being a brony is now trendy lol.

• Brohoof 2

I'm out there loud and proud. I'm so loud I don't even need to say a word cause it's so fucking obvious. I've never had anyone get all up in my face about it so either a) Alot of you need to grow a set of bigger ones in the nut sac or double the fun of your ovary size.

or B) Get your parents a subscription to parent magazine and tell them if they have a problem come talk to me and then  i'll be an adult talking to an adult that sucks so bad their own kids live in fear of them and the rest of the world. 

(edited)

I was looking at derpibooru with no filters when my dad walked in. Thankfully no NSFW stuff was on the page.

That was a close one lol. I would imagine many parents would not react well to their kids looking up NSFW material of cartoon ponies.

Edited by GXPBlast

(edited)

Lol nobody in my immediate family knows I like the show (as far as I am aware), but one time my sister walked into my room when I was on forums and stood long enough to get a glimpse of the screen.  I slammed by laptop shut and she said "what are you doing? O.o"  So I said in response "Having a stressful argument online about religion."

1.)  I covered up.

2.)  I didn't lie :D

This is what it's like when two "closet-bronys" discuss the show in private:  http://goo.gl/Fp3UF8

So discrete. 

Edited by John
  • Brohoof 2

There have been times that I've mentioned something about the show around people who know me, but not that side.  However, I usually wear a My Little Pony hat whenever I leave my house, so it's almost never a secret to begin with.

• 2 months later...

However, I usually wear a My Little Pony hat whenever I leave my house, so it's almost never a secret to begin with.

Thats going to attract fellow bronies I assume followed by brohoofs.