Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Smoker Thread

Soma O)))

How many of you guys out there smoke? If you do, what brand and type of cigarette is your brand.

I smoke American spirit Dark green full bodied menthols 

(edited)

When i was like 13 or 14 i tried smoking for the summer. First time i did it made me sick and the rest of the time i just got dizzy. The taste was awful and i really diden't see the point in it since i wasn't getting anything out of it. Haven't smoked since and likely never will for the rest of my life.

Edited by DayShadow

12 minutes ago, DayShadow said:

When i was like 13 or 14 i tried smoking for the summer. First time i did it made me sick and the rest of the time i just got dizzy. The taste was awful and i really diden't see the point in it since i wasn't getting anything out of it. Haven't smoked since and likely never will for the rest of my life.

how did you get hold of them? here in europe you can't buy them before you are 18years old.

also I don't smoke. tried at but it wasn't my thing

2 minutes ago, zerox said:

how did you get hold of them? here in europe you can't buy them before you are 18years old.

My dad smokes like a fiend so he buys tobacco and cigarette filters in bulk and makes his own. Whenever he wasn't around i would make a couple. There was also one time where i was walking around town with my friend and we where talking about how cool it would be to find an unopened packet of cigarettes. Well 15 minutes later we arrive at the local baseball field and we go and sit in one of the dug outs. My friend looks under the bench and sitting right there is a clean unopened pack of Newport golds. We where shocked to say the least. Not even sure what the chances are of finding something like that especially after we had already talked about how cool it would be to find an unopened package of cigarettes not 15 minutes prior. 

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, zerox said:

In the US, it is incredibly easy for a person of age to buy for younger people. Tons of people here start smoking before 18.

Also, smoking is dumb and I hate it with a passion, just putting that out there. An industry built to kill for profit.

• Brohoof 5

(edited)
2 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

In the US, it is incredibly easy for a person of age to buy for younger people. Tons of people here start smoking before 18.

Also, smoking is dumb and I hate it with a passion, just putting that out there. An industry built to kill for profit.

I started smoking cigarettes with 305 wintergreen when I was 14. I've tried lots of different cigarettes and I prefer American spirits or camel wides.

Rolling your own can be challenging and often won't taste pleasant 

Edited by Soma O)))

2 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

Because I don't give two shits about what one smokes or when they started. Smoking is fucking stupid. I know this well because I live with my dad who is a chain smoker that doesn't care about anyone but himself. 

It comes off as discrimination to me >.>

Sure smoking is harmful. I would never do it myself, but I understand other people have gotten addicted to it one way or another. I would assume the purpose of this thread is for people who have been smoking a long while to discuss what their smoking habits and what brands they prefer, not to recruit more people to start smoking or plot about subjecting people irl to second hand smoke lmfao.

• Brohoof 3

4 minutes ago, K.Rool Addict said:

It comes off as discrimination to me >.>

Sure smoking is harmful. I would never do it myself, but I understand other people have gotten addicted to it one way or another. I would assume the purpose of this thread is for people who have been smoking a long while to discuss what their smoking habits and what brands they prefer, not to recruit more people to start smoking or plot about subjecting people irl to second hand smoke lmfao.

Can't say that I care about what it comes across as. 

If there was no second hand smoke, I wouldn't care. Smokers can damage their own body all they want, I couldn't care less about their health because they don't care either. The second hand smoke is what makes me despite it and the entire industry. It doesn't deserve to exist and smokers only make it richer, while they gain nothing.

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

Can't say that I care about what it comes across as. 

If there was no second hand smoke, I wouldn't care. Smokers can damage their own body all they want, I couldn't care less about their health because they don't care either. The second hand smoke is what makes me despite it and the entire industry. It doesn't deserve to exist and smokers only make it richer, while they gain nothing.

Isn't car exhaust, like, way more damaging to breath in than second hand smoke? I'm asking a question here, I am not sure lol. But if it is, I would see that as being a way more prominent issue to air quality than the few people who smoke cigarettes :o 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

My dad smokes a full pack of Pall Mall 100's every day...

I'm fine with smoking, but that doesn't mean that I don't think it is a health hazard (to people around the smoker as well...), and amazing at wasting money (My dad is basically bankrupt because he smokes so much, and makes so little...).

Edited by In Loving Memory

2 minutes ago, K.Rool Addict said:

Isn't car exhaust, like, way more damaging to breath in than second hand smoke? I'm asking a question here, I am not sure lol. But if it is, I would see that as being a way more prominent issue to air quality than the few people who smoke cigarettes :o 

Car exhaust is damaging, that's obvious, not sure why you brought it up. That goes outside, in the open air, which is at least better than someone smoking in a house when there are people that don't smoke. It is bullshit. And the 'few' people? Many, many people smoke. Most do it without a care in the world too. Speaking of the car exhaust thing, one thing we can say is that at least cars have a point. They are useful, the smoke from them is a sad side effect. Smoking accomplishes absolutely nothing. It wastes money, hurts the smoker and more importantly, those around them. Cigarettes are an abomination and the fact that nobody cares makes it all worse.

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Kyoshi said:

Car exhaust is damaging, that's obvious, not sure why you brought it up. That goes outside, in the open air, which is at least better than someone smoking in a house when there are people that don't smoke. It is bullshit. And the 'few' people? Many, many people smoke. Most do it without a care in the world too. Speaking of the car exhaust thing, one thing we can say is that at least cars have a point. They are useful, the smoke from them is a sad side effect. Smoking accomplishes absolutely nothing. It wastes money, hurts the smoker and more importantly, those around them. Cigarettes are an abomination and the fact that nobody cares makes it all worse.

Well, car exhaust can very easily waft its way indoors too, ya know :o And, unless you avoid the outdoors like the plague (which admittedly I do on occasion) it is still quite a big issue whilst walking around, building to building, or what have you.

I agree that cigarettes pretty much have no purpose other than mollifying the cravings of the smoker. And I certainly have little to no respect for those smokers who subject others unwillingly to their second hand smoke. Within a family, it would be at its very worst since you have no say in what your father does, and he will likely whoop your ass if you complain. It's kinda like a mild type of child abuse come to think of it.

Regardless, smoking cigarettes can be very destructive, and people of today have no problem shoving it down your throat how bad cigarettes are. But, I see the exact opposite attitude toward smoking marijuana. I understand cannabis brings with it various health benefits for the person smoking, but it still wreaks havoc on the lungs of both the person smoking and people receiving second hand smoke from it just like cigarettes. Now, obviously people smoking cigarettes are more likely to do so in front of other people who do not smoke, as opposed to smokers of marijuana. But I still feel like it is worth mentioning, as the double standard is what bothers me the most.

I don't smoke; I don't like when somebody smokes around me - this is arrogant behavior.

I'm struggling with that thing for a veeeeeery long time - people smoking here, people smoking there - even my parents smoke turning home atmosphere into nuclear facility. It's not even about my health, but the terrible smell it produces. Public toilets are often a gas trap and that's really sad. Really, so far I'm only getting annoyed by this, I really can't say even a single good thing about this.

Some people think, that smoking makes you cool, but from my point of view, it makes people look bad. As soon as I'm noticing, that somebody is smoking, I'm instantly experiencing inner disappointment. I really feel it that way. Same as what would you think about somebody, who drinks alcohol too often and sleeps in the bushes? Smoking is a much lighter version, but still a similar feel. :twi: I don't know why, but when I see people smoking, then I'm thinking about them struggling with some kind of depression ~ same as with alcohol...

Also I'm wondering. . . Smoking is supposed to have stress relieving effects, but from what I've noticed, it doesn't work for people, who smoke. Well, unless we'll be talking about ones, who like 'tripping balls', but that's a totally different thing. :P 

I'm not going to lie, I've tried smoking multiple times for SCIENCE, but I absolutely don't feel an urgency to smoke, but the opposite. After smoking I had a terrible taste in my mouth, that made me think only about how to get rid of it. Maybe it is fun for a short period of time, but the after-effects are terrible! :eww:

I'm a tolerant person and I'm doing my best to respect their addiction, but sometimes it's not possible. Smoking around me is like forcing a vegetarian to eat meat. Bearable, but not appreciated.

I may know how Kyoshi feels about this subject - I really understand that pain.

To somewhat answer the second question - My parents smoke 'Camel' and 'LD' cigarettes. My dad used to smoke 'Męskie' many years ago. - That was a Polish name, that meant 'Manly' I believe or.. 'Men's'. I'm not sure if they were available in other countries..

Spoiler

_MG_1056_e-paka_0.jpg

Sometimes I joke-question myself why buying cigarettes? Wouldn't it be better to put your head into the chimney? That would be much cheaper and would have full power and wide area of effect.

Of course don't get me wrong please - I'm really sorry if anything I wrote seemed offensive, but that wasn't my intention. :squee: Even though I'm trying to ignore this, I really hate smoking. >_>

• Brohoof 5

I don't really smoke cigs, and I had a cuban cigar once. Ripped up my lungs so I decided not to do it again. However I do smoke bud often, filtered too.

• Brohoof 1

I don't smoke and I mos def do not advocate the stuff. [As for my really personal opinion] - If someone wants to smoke, I think they should do it outside - due to the effects of secondhand smoke. 

• Brohoof 2

I used to smoke used cigarettes off the ground, since they're everywhere. No, I didn't put them to my mouth. 

Also, nothing makes you feel cooler than walking down the street with a cigar in your mouth blowing big clouds of smoke.

I've smoked like atleast 15 times but I don't seem to get addicted, I may occasionally hit a puff or two but I've never had the need to go out and buy a cig.

On 5/31/2017 at 0:37 PM, Kagami-sama said:

Winston or L&M's. On rare occasions when I can't afford them, 305's. And when ever I can get a hold on some, 420.

Oh man, 305's are bad...but affordable.

• Brohoof 1

I've only ever smoked once in my life and I didn't really like it...My uncle forced me to try a Cig when I was ....12? He's not exactly a role model -_- 

Personally I've never smoked but still I find the small of second hand cigarette smoke disgusting. My dad was convinced by his friends to try a cigarette when he was 19-21 and he found it disgusting so he has never had a single cigarette ever since.

9 minutes ago, Vulcan said:

I've only ever smoked once in my life and I didn't really like it...My uncle forced me to try a Cig when I was ....12? He's not exactly a role model -_- 

Okay you're uncle went way to far in that incident. Seriously he could of gotten in trouble with the police if it took place after the 1980s. But this was shockingly a standard thing back 50 years ago like how schools would use the wooden ruler for punishments. And to be honest my mom's father died around 30 years ago from lung failure that was caused by smoking. He was in the army in the 1950s so that made things worse as they would of made him smoke lots. Apparently I've heard that he would usually smoke 20 cigarettes a day when he was in the army fighting in the Vietnam war. My dad's father almost died from heart failure that was caused by excessive smoking years ago but he served and he's still alive today and he had to get a pacemaker. :)