Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Smoker Thread

Soma O)))

(edited)
5 hours ago, Vulcan said:

I've only ever smoked once in my life and I didn't really like it...My uncle forced me to try a Cig when I was ....12? He's not exactly a role model -_-

Your uncle is a brilliant educator ^-^ One of the best ways to make kids to avoid sigs all their life is to force them once to form their opinion instead letting them try by themselves again and again in "good" company.

I don't smoke by myself, cuz think it's stinky.

Pinkie_Pie_blowing_bubbles_with_her_pipe

Edited by Crypty

2 minutes ago, Crypty said:

You uncle is a brilliant educator ^-^ The best way to make kids to avoid sigs all their life is to force them once to form their opinion instead letting them try by themselves again and again in "good" company.

I don't smoke by myself, cuz think it's stinky and I'm very sensitive to smells.

That actually makes a whole lot of sense now that I think about it....I kindly turned down a lot "Smoke break" invitations growing up because that first whiff was so awful. 

5 hours ago, Techno Universal said:

Okay you're uncle went way to far in that incident. Seriously he could of gotten in trouble with the police if it took place after the 1980s.

It was...quite the experience....I coughed like crazy .-. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I smoked six years ago. I kicked the addiction over a period of 6 months. Not worth the hassle for me, as it never relieved me of stress. It only put a strain on my health (and my wallet).

Edited by Halberd

After my dad got throat cancer and had a complete laryngectomy(those people with the holes in their necks) when I was 12 the interest in ever smoking wained considerably. But was still something I occasionally thought about. It wasnt until college that I thought about it until I realized the cost of cigarettes and my financial situation. I guess I realized it wasnt smart to start an addictive habit that was fairly costly and continues to go up in price when I already dont have the money to eat properly. That and I also had so many other habits at the time I didnt exactly need to add another while just operating.

If I were to start a habit it would be vaping. Not a completely healthy alternative to smoking but certainly a cheaper one and much more flavorful(I hate the taste of bitters. Its why I cant drink beer)

Been borderline chainsmoking for the past 5 years and holy hell I wouldn't recommend that to anyone.

I roll my own. It's considerably cheaper and taste a lot better in my opinion. You also get to pick the size of the cigarette, thickness of the paper and stuff you just can't get from normal cigarettes. The tobacco I use is American Spirit (the yellow kind)

8 hours ago, RiseofSpectrum said:

Chainsmoker for about 5 years now.

I smoke about 3/4 of a pack of Marlboro per day.

Somehow, I still have an insane level of cardio, despite not doing any sports for over 7 years now.

Same here. Had to get an ECG to start going to the gym (which I ended up not doing anyway) and the doctor asked me if I was already doing sports because apparently my heart is in incredibly good shape despite being a smoker for 5 years and being morbidly obese for most of my life (I lost 90 pounds last year though, now I'm normal weight)

It ain't going to last long though if I don't kick the habit, which is hopefully going to happen eventually.

Never will, never have. I won't supply those stupid ignorant companies with my money. They deserve to be shut down and for that money to be spread equally throughout the people for all I care.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

On 2017-5-29 at 8:21 PM, Pasha Florence said:

I'm a pretty hardcore pot smoker, but in cigarettes, I prefer Winstons or Parliaments.

Pot's illegal. Sooooo

go-to-jail-monopoly-game.jpg

I got a crappy end of a rollup once, so yeah i didn't like it

Edited by BloodDrops

1 hour ago, Soul Flare said:

Been borderline chainsmoking for the past 5 years and holy hell I wouldn't recommend that to anyone.

I roll my own. It's considerably cheaper and taste a lot better in my opinion. You also get to pick the size of the cigarette, thickness of the paper and stuff you just can't get from normal cigarettes. The tobacco I use is American Spirit (the yellow kind)

Same here. Had to get an ECG to start going to the gym (which I ended up not doing anyway) and the doctor asked me if I was already doing sports because apparently my heart is in incredibly good shape despite being a smoker for 5 years and being morbidly obese for most of my life (I lost 90 pounds last year though, now I'm normal weight)

It ain't going to last long though if I don't kick the habit, which is hopefully going to happen eventually.

My metabolic age is 12. My actual age is twice that.

Also, unlike you, I've never been fat, much less morbidly obese. I liked exercising ever since I was very young, and even sometimes when I've got nothing better to do I go for a 1-hour run. I did sports (basically soccer and indoor soccer, or fooball and futsal, depending on the country you live in) for 8 years straight (and a lot of it was playing the role of a box-to-box midfielder), which is always bound to help.

I don't smoke and never will for many different reasons. First of all, I find it gross. My sister (who is twenty years older than me) smoked a pack of Malbaros a day. My sister's husband smoked, and my mother's ex-husband is a chain smoker who smokes Pall Mall like two boxes or more a day. My grandmother died of pancreatic cancer helped along by smoking that she got from her second ex-husband. Smoking is just gross and smells horrible. There's not only second hand smoke but third hand smoke where the nicotine gets in everything-walls, clothes, collectibles, you name it. After my Grandma died, we were cleaning up her home and everything had yellow tar on it. My sister died of lung cancer from a drug habit and smoking probably helped that along to. It's unhealthy, gross, and expensive.

My hubby was not smoking when we met (it is a deal breaker) but picked it up again (he's been a trucker during his life). He was told how unhealthy it was making him and how miserable I was and I basically told him, you've got to quit. I'm proud of him, he has. He's much healthier and I feel better as well (I have asthma). He lost his father to lung cancer so I believe a lot of it was also being scared of getting cancer.

I knew someone who is my nephew's friend (my nephew smokes to) who does chew which is worse than smoking!

Regular smoker here. Mostly smoke roll ups and what not - Amber Leaf or Gold Leaf. :squee:

• 3 months later...

Yeah I've never smoked and I never want to touch a cigarette. Plus smoking has become a highly hated thing in my family because of how it killed my mom's father and how it left my dad's father with permanent heart and lung problems. Anyways I always hold my breath when I'm walking past someone who's smoking on the street plus I find the smell absolutely disgusting. Anyways my dad did get convinced by his friends to try a cigarette when he was around 20 and he just hated the taste of it and since then he's never smoked a single cigarette. Anyways my mom's mother was involved in fighting in a war for Australia in the army as a Sargent back in the 1950s. I believe he was fighting in the Vietnam war. He seriously was forced to smoke while he was in the army and he then died from lung failure in 1985 from the permanent damage that smoking had done to him plus he was smoking around 20-50 cigarettes a day back then. Plus he was suffering from chronic lung pain for a period of five years before his death so it was a slow and extremely painful death for him. Anyways my dad's father was also smoking that much to but he then finally quit smoking in the late 90s when he was told by doctors that he was doing a lot of permanent damage to his body by smoking. Anyways it made his heart very weak so he's now got a pulse maker implant to keep his heart going plus he's now got a lot of uncontrollable fluid generation issues with his lungs plus he's lucky to still be alive today considering how much he smoked. Anyways he's also got hardened blood vessels from the smoking and that's led to a number of heart attacks in the last few years and one of them even happened while he was driving and waiting at a red light. So really Smoking is a highly hated thing in our family now! :)

I only smoke cigarettes on very rare occasions (I like Kings), but I do enjoy myself a good cigar on New Year's Eve or other special events. :rarity:

I'm a runner and as much to my darkness, deepest and arrogant desire to smoke, I wouldn't risk damaging my lung that will prevent me from running. So no, I don't smoke because it's not worth much as the miles I put in running. 

And overall I think smoking is a "no," but synthesized why some people would do it. 

• 2 weeks later...

I recently started up smoking again after vaping because the ejuice is got doesn't taste very good. I smoke Marb Smooth 100s.

• 1 month later...

I'm gonna be REALLY honest here, I kinda... pity smokers. I don't think they are bad people (well it depends) but they are really harming themselves. Smoking harms the smokers and bystanders in many ways. I just don't understand why someone would put everyone (especially themselves) in such a slow and deadly path. 

• Brohoof 2

An industry built to harm people for profit is my kind of industry!

Heh, but for reals, I smoke here and there when we talk deeps with my friends late at night and so on, but otherwise no. I quite like the activity but I don't want lady faith gifting me throat cancer and a voice box when I am an old man so I keep it reserved for those special occasions.

2 hours ago, BloodDrops said:

well it should though, lets be real here

pot is bad and that is that

So are cigarettes and alcohol? Why aren't they banned?

Do you feel the same way with medical cannabis?

Edited by Guest

11 hours ago, Royce said:

So are cigarettes and alcohol? Why aren't they banned?

Do you feel the same way with medical cannabis?

yes, any narcotic is bad. So is any addictive for that matter. 

Medical Cannabis is just as bad, not really a treatment just a way of legalizing cannabis so you don't have to waste stretched police time. For every seizure of personal use, after taking into account of paperwork, travel time, etc. it takes around 5 hours, per case. Waste of time, just let the junkies use it, unfortunately we got issues here. If it was the mere case of everyone that used drugs, used them for themselves and caused no harm to others, all drug use would be legal, however this is not the case.

People throwaway needles, that are nice sources of diseases. Drive while high on whatever you want. overdose and sat in hospital getting treatment for it. The majority of drug users generally are ok, you just got the few that make the world go to shit.

Someone overdoses and died on heroin , no biggie? Well unless before they did, they drove down the M6, smashed into a bus full of passengers and killed around 10 other people, including themselves. Then you got to explain to 10 family's that their son/daughter/mother/father etc. was killed by some dopehead. Then explain to the 1st family, oh your girl/boy just killed 10 people while high on dope, we scraped them off the side of the road, here is the shoe box we fitted them in.

I'm not against anything, as long as it doesn't harms others. You want to overdose and kill yourself, thats your own problem. Don't go hurting anyone else due to your own stupidity.