What's the scariest thing you have done?

Crosswind

- Almost got arrested for "robbing" a Wal-Mart (I didn't really rob them, I just "acted suspiciously").

- Nearly drowned at a waterpark (It intensified my aquaphobia, for sure).

- May have almost fell off of a rollercoaster (I can't believe I was convinced to ride that...).

- Getting multiple heat strokes from marching (all separate incidents, of course).

Edited by Barik the Luigineer

I once vandalized my fourth grade class room by breaking in at lunch (we aren't allowed so I put a eraser in the door so it didn't close all the way) then I plugged all the sinks then turned them on

things went down in a real shitstorm but didn't get in trouble

anoyher thing was me and my friend and her brother and sister were in a shed with some hand sanitizer we stole from the teacher

we then slathered it all over my hand then she lit my hand up with a light and I got so sacred I threw at her spare razor seats and they got burn spots

my childhood was awsome

• Brohoof 1

When I first start driving. It was pretty scary at first. Driving on the highway in a tiny Miata with huge SUVs and semi-trucks really takes you on the edge.

I rode in my friend's 500hp Evolution once on Laguna Seca Raceway. At first it was pretty scary but it was also really fun at the same time. 

I was walking down a cliff near Big Sur and the path wasn't the greatest. Lots of loose rocks and jagged edges and the path seemed like it took an eternity. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

Scariest Um..

• having had a car accident and be taken away by ambulance with sirens very loud 
  • another car accident where we killed a young deer, this was traumatising as deer are / were my favorite animal and I worked hard as animal rescue in the past 
  • Almost drowning a couple of times
  • standing a top Eiffel Tower (I’m afraid of heights) 
  • sit quietly with a giant spider on the table for school that started walking fast and got off the table (I’m arachnophobic)
  • getting beaten up in the train by bullies > it’s scary cause no one helps you and you have to hold on until they stop
  • Brohoof 1

Last time I tried to tell this story, I had to remove it because it was not appropriate for this forum. But anyways, that story was probably the scariest thing I have done. I guess that says a lot? :huh:

• Brohoof 1

On purpose:
Honestly? When I went on (legit) roller coasters at Six Flags for the first (and only) time.
Holy moly that was an amazing experience, but my anxiety has gotten worse since then and I'd probably have a heart attack if I went on them now lol.

By accident:
I had a bad experience with alcohol at one point in my life as a teen, and I almost died of alcohol poisoning. I mean, the parts I remember are terrifying, but most of it I don't remember due to being blacked out/passed out. Luckily I made it safe and sound to a hospital and woke up in the ER hours later with my parents sitting there waiting for me to come to. Yikes. Not a good time.

(edited)

When I was about 12-13 years old, there was this eccentric kid who regularly went to my bus stop. We never really spoke. I gave him a nod of recognition now and again but we didn’t talk that much.

There were these two girls who would regularly harass and bully him and his other buddy. They would sometimes get physical, and the girls would always win the fight. It was only when we were on the way home from school this happened though.

Now I never got involved. I wasn’t even 5 feet tall yet and was 80-90 pounds soaking wet. The only one smaller than me was that kid.

One day when I was walking home, the girls once again decided to harass him. They were about 100 meters behind me and I wasn’t paying much attention. 

All of a sudden I hear a “BANG!” And the girls screaming and shrieking. I turn my head and see the girls running away from the kid, who had his right arm outstretched to the side and was holding a dark L shaped object at the fence. (A pistol, if you aren’t following along) Nobody got hurt during that incident thankfully.

The next morning I tried to locate a bullet hole in the fence he fired at but the fence itself was so crappy and run down I couldn’t locate it. But the girls never bothered him again.

It didn’t occur to me until years later: The only way for that boy to have had a gun in that confrontation was if he had brought it to school with him.

Edited by Stone Cold Steve Tuna
  • Brohoof 1

Going the wrong way to guard the back half of a firing range in the military. It resulted in several rounds nearly hitting me as I ran back towards the safe area. 

• 2 years later...

I had a few suicide attempts in my past that were kinda scary. ED related stuff too.

Wrecking and totaling my first car. Before I even knew what happened I was hitting a bank and flipped over in a ditch. That car was an absolute lemon but it was also my baby. It was destroyed.  Also didn’t help that the cop told me I most likely would have went through the windshield if I wasn’t wearing a seatbelt. Really didn’t need to hear that.That’s not my first time being flipped over in a car. Since my first time was when a comcast truck ran a red light and hit my grandmother while she was driving. I was much younger than so it didn’t really hit me as badly as to what was going on as it did when I was older. 

I drank too much to the point where I was very sick and it triggered a panic attack. So I’m drunk,vomiting and feeling like I’m going to die because of my panic attack symptoms. Scared the hell out of me. Needless to say I’ve not touched alcohol since then. It’s been months. 

Calling 911 over the health scare with my dad too. But I will say I handled that situation very well and I’m proud of myself despite being scared.

I almost drowned in the ocean when I was a teenager. I got caught in an undertow and it almost finished me. I had nightmares for years afterward. Obviously this wasn't deliberate.

What was deliberate was my first roller coaster (the Matterhorn at Disneyland). It’s not the most intimidating coaster but it was my first and I was quite young. My dad was sitting behind me with his arm wrapped around me, and I dug my fingernails so deeply into his arm he still has little scars there to this day.