Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Rumored G5 and other Stuff.

CastletonSnob

From what I've read by peering through this thread, it seems that the thirteen episode final season, coupled with either a second FiM movie or a G5 prologue movie, means that something big will happen that will link the G4 canon to the G5 canon (i.e. some universe-altering event that can believably explain the totally new setting and characters while stealing feeling like a decent and comfortable transition). Whether or not that means the characters are similar or the same (either in appearances, personality, or both) is up for debate. It's important to remember that Hasbro is still a business, and businesses are designed to make money. Perhaps FiM sales are in decline, and Hasbro is smart enough to see the writing on the wall.

But just think...what if we get to do this all again? A series premiere, a first season finale, the hiatus before season two, questions about that new villain that they decided to introduce...along with the fandom that springs up around it. I'd be down to ride this whole crazy train all again, as long as the characters were good.

(Heck, maybe I can become one of the first major fanfic writers in the G5 fandom. :P )

Edited by Kolth
  • Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, DanTheBrony said:

I'd like to see it end on Season 10 it be full decade off ponies, we just have to wait and see what happens.

I can live without a tenth season, but not without a second toon boom pony movie :(

4 hours ago, Kolth said:

From what I've read by peering through this thread, it seems that the thirteen episode final season, coupled with either a second FiM movie or a G5 prologue movie, means that something big will happen that will link the G4 canon to the G5 canon (i.e. some universe-altering event that can believably explain the totally new setting and characters while stealing feeling like a decent and comfortable transition). Whether or not that means the characters are similar or the same (either in appearances, personality, or both) is up for debate. It's important to remember that Hasbro is still a business, and businesses are designed to make money. Perhaps FiM sales are in decline, and Hasbro is smart enough to see the writing on the wall.

But just think...what if we get to do this all again? A series premiere, a first season finale, the hiatus before season two, questions about that new villain that they decided to introduce...along with the fandom that springs up around it. I'd be down to ride this whole crazy train all again, as long as the characters were good.

(Heck, maybe I can become one of the first major fanfic writers in the G5 fandom. :P )

I think it depends if the show really delivers. FiM set a standard in quality regarding MLP, so G5 has that as a challenge. Oh well, I think Hasbro knows that, so it not very likely to make another G3 crap or an outdated 80s cartoon. I think they are heading for an older audience, as it's easier for little kids to invest in those than older people investing in a more family friendly show. They'll probably take examples of shows like TMNT 2003, Teen Titans, Adventure Time, or Star vs the Forces of Evil :huh: . I'll give it a chance, don't doubt it :smug: 

10 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

I think it depends if the show really delivers. FiM set a standard in quality regarding MLP, so G5 has that as a challenge. Oh well, I think Hasbro knows that, so it not very likely to make another G3 crap or an outdated 80s cartoon. I think they are heading for an older audience, as it's easier for little kids to invest in those than older people investing in a more family friendly show. They'll probably take examples of shows like TMNT 2003, Teen Titans, Adventure Time, or Star vs the Forces of Evil :huh: . I'll give it a chance, don't doubt it :smug: 

I think, if anything, Hasbro would do well to look at how Gravity Falls approached it. Start off silly and inviting, then tell a STORY rather than a bunch of loosely-connected one-offs. Oh, and let the story end at an appropriate time -- don't drag it out.

Take the episode where the Mane 6 are transported in a comic. Then take that concept and go Superbook where ponies use an ancient magical book to time travel to different eras of Equestrian history to witness key figures and lore play out. 

1 minute ago, Singe said:

Take the episode where the Mane 6 are transported in a comic. Then take that concept and go Superbook where ponies use an ancient magical book to time travel to different eras of Equestrian history to witness key figures and lore play out. 

Kinda sounds like Magic School Bus, or The Time Warp Trio. Either way, it would be nice for lore-building, but not conducive to longer plot-based arcs (in my opinion).

Just now, Kolth said:

Kinda sounds like Magic School Bus, or The Time Warp Trio. Either way, it would be nice for lore-building, but not conducive to longer plot-based arcs (in my opinion).

They can be one offs where they just play out. Then there can be an arc that links traveling to a key past and event in the present.

I'm trying to stay away from things, and I'm doing my best.

But i can't control what reccommended youtube videos appear on the side.

And from that, I have a fragment of a concept. Only what characters it involves.

Even something like that I don't want to know yet cause it just gets me askign questions.

I see descriptions of episodes normally when they go on TV or get announced officially, this shouldn't be any different just knowing there's a thing about certain characters, but UGH I can't stop wondering!

And it involves characters I really like so now I'm just speculating.
Damnit youtube don't do this!

For those who wish to know

Spoiler

something about Starlight and Sunburst's parents

So I'm just stuck wondering, I don't want to do this!

What do I do?

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Toastypk said:

For those who wish to know

Reveal hidden contents

something about Starlight and Sunburst's parents

So I'm just stuck wondering, I don't want to do this!

What do I do?

This doesn't actually spoil anything about the episode but it does reveal others thoughts I've seen:

Spoiler

That's the only one I watched for two reasons:

1. It has background music and just missing a few negligible sound effects

2. Everyone's calling it mediocre and while I love to watch new awesome stuff blind with my sis when it actually airs, a mediocre episode is not going to be that big of a deal.

If you really interested in the characters like I was (and I do thnk it's a really nice character story) check it out but if not don't worry about waiting, you're not missing much.

11 minutes ago, KH7672 said:

This doesn't actually spoil anything about the episode but it does reveal others thoughts I've seen:

Hide contents

That's the only one I watched for two reasons:

1. It has background music and just missing a few negligible sound effects

2. Everyone's calling it mediocre and while I love to watch new awesome stuff blind with my sis when it actually airs, a mediocre episode is not going to be that big of a deal.

If you really interested in the characters like I was (and I do thnk it's a really nice character story) check it out but if not don't worry about waiting, you're not missing much.

Spoiler

Eh, I watch any episode even if it's supposed to be mediocre. But I'm waiting for all of this.

I haven't actually DISLIKED any episodes so far. Some aren't as good as others, but I enjoy all of them. If I had to pick a not so favorite, it might be What About Discord cause it just seemed to drag a little, but I liked that too. Twi's feelings in that episode are things I sometimes feel.

But I adore Starlight and Sunburst, and is the first time I've been invested in seeing two characters' interactions and relationship and what would happen, so I was wondering if something was going to be mentioned or not. Just swirling with questions that I didn't want to know the answers to yet, or if even are mentioned.

Edited by Toastypk

From the supposed G5 leaks I might or might not have seen it's going to be a reboot of G4 with the same Mane Six and a sort of Clydesdale design. Applejack looks kind of weird, like the original "My Pretty Pony" prototype toy. Not that I would know or anything.

Besides, don't some of the mods here have DHX connections?

2 hours ago, Octavia_Melody2 said:

From the supposed G5 leaks I might or might not have seen it's going to be a reboot of G4 with the same Mane Six and a sort of Clydesdale design. Applejack looks kind of weird, like the original "My Pretty Pony" prototype toy. Not that I would know or anything.

Besides, don't some of the mods here have DHX connections?

I don't think they'll share any information of that even if DHX itself told them anything :dash: 

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 10:52 PM, A.V. said:

I also hope that the rumor about...

Reveal hidden contents

...Sombra...

...returning in S9 isn't true.

Not because I don't like him (the opposite, in fact), but because that would mean overriding his arc in the comics (again, one of my favorites).

Spoiler

To be fair, Siege of the Crystal Empire had a lot of haters, many I think wouldn't mind if it was rendered null and void by Sombra returning.

Edited by heavens-champion

12 minutes ago, heavens-champion said:
  Reveal hidden contents

To be fair, Siege of the Crystal Empire had a lot of haters, many I think wouldn't mind if it was rendered null and void by Sombra returning.

If they absolutely have to, then I'd rather it be a remake (so we can have it done less controversially -- or something) instead of an all-out retcon.

After all...

...the episode about Celestia and the play (I forgot the title) managed to re-canonize some of The Journal Of The Two Sisters (sans the Tree Of Harmony's origin, of course).

Edited by A.V.

Shows have a lifespan 5-10 years for most. The last few seasons, usually you wish they would just go. It's not a cancellation, it's a mercy killing. Past that, well G3 kind of sucked, but G1 & G2 weren't TOO bad. So, I'm hopeful for G5. Wondering if they'll go past, contemporary, future, a clean slate?

14 hours ago, sweetolebob18 said:

Shows have a lifespan 5-10 years for most. The last few seasons, usually you wish they would just go. It's not a cancellation, it's a mercy killing. Past that, well G3 kind of sucked, but G1 & G2 weren't TOO bad. So, I'm hopeful for G5. Wondering if they'll go past, contemporary, future, a clean slate?

Funny that ponies will last over twice, and even three times over some other popular shows of the time, like Gravity Falls at least :dash: 

Edited by Steve Piranha

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 11:52 PM, Steve Piranha said:

That's pretty much my biggest concern right now, whether or not G5 will have competent writing. I don't want it to become another poorly written fantasy show.

And if it is being animated with Toon Boom Harmony like people say, I want it to be hand drawn instead of using puppets like G4.

Edited by vgmaster9

On 17.12.2017 at 9:28 AM, PathfinderCS said:

That said, I will state this to everyone: No links to any leaked material will be permitted here. Any infringement will be dealt with fiercely. If you want the material; you are on your own. Period.

Thank you.

Why?

Lol, do you think Hasbro will send their ninjas to punish you? How old are you, six?:P