Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Most over-hated episodes?

Sovereign Leader Rarity

4 hours ago, Chrysalicious said:

Twilight's Kingdom part 2, disappointing finale to what was a great season to me.

The fight between Twilight and Tirek was good to showcase the action the animators could pull off. The super trippy pony transformation, was a terrible mistake. Further showcase and reaffirm how bad the other princesses are.

Edited by Singe

5 hours ago, heavens-champion said:

Personally, I think it would be important to know how the Mane 6 were captured. Chrysalis could at least give a hint.

I’m split between finding it distracting and thinking these details are unnecessary.

• Brohoof 3

12 hours ago, AlexanderThrond said:

The impression I got was that these "experts" simply believed they knew better than her, which simply made me wonder how they even kept their jobs if they weren't willing to listen. I don't recall if Fluttershy communicated her desires all that well to begin with, but surely the right thing to do would be to ask for more instructions. 

I’m pretty sure Hard Hat said something like, “I know she thinks she know what she wants, but once she sees what we’ve built,” yada yada. 

I would also have to mention Hard to Say Anything as being an episode that I don't find to be as bad as what other people say it is.

For starters I enjoyed what the episode had to say about relationships; which would be that love isn't necessarily based on large flashy actions and that small actions can be just as heartfelt.  Also romantic relationships are a lot more complicated than what fiction depicts them as, and thus you shouldn't base your romantic endeavors on how they are portrayed by media.  Instead relationships require work and understanding between both parties to be successful.

Essentially the episode's message boils down to this quote:

• Brohoof 6

2 hours ago, cmarston1 said:

I would also have to mention Hard to Say Anything as being an episode that I don't find to be as bad as what other people say it is.

For starters I enjoyed what the episode had to say about relationships; which would be that love isn't necessarily based on large flashy actions and that small actions can be just as heartfelt.  Also romantic relationships are a lot more complicated than what fiction depicts them as, and thus you shouldn't base your romantic endeavors on how they are portrayed by media.  Instead relationships require work and understanding between both parties to be successful.

Essentially the episode's message boils down to this quote:

Oh yeah, forgot about that one. The reason most people hate  it's because a Justin Bieber based pony is a blasphemy to MLP  :D

On 12/30/2017 at 5:14 PM, heavens-champion said:

Crusaders of the Lost Mark isn't over-hated.

Yes it is....for me of course....They almost disbanded because of their Cutie Marks...that's what.

On 12/26/2017 at 10:20 PM, Vulon Bii said:

It's probably Magical Mystery Cure, which I did enjoy, even though I think it would've benefited from being a two-parter. Even over 4 years later, some are still mad that Twilight became a princess.

The episode was different shift than the previous episodes. It was flooded with a bunch of songs over every single event. The plot just wasn't that good. 

On 12/26/2017 at 9:52 PM, WiiGuy2014 said:

Everyone who knows me knows I would say the episodes I think are getting too much hate are (at the top of my head)

Flutter Brutter: Yes I agree that Fluttershy's brother was a jerk in the first part, but unlike worse jerks, he actually realizes he needs to get better and becomes more identifiable as the episode goes on, at least for me. There's even a fanmade video called "Pushing Rainbows" with Rainbow Dash and a Fanfic called "Never Made Much of Myself" co-staring Sunburst that both show that his character development is sticking. Plus the lesson of "Sometimes, You have to do things, even though you might fail" and the song is something I bet a lot of people can and should be able to relate to.

Fame and Misfortune: First of all, I'm okay with the background ponies being jerks only because to me, as background ponies they can play the role or jerk or innocent bystanders that everyone comes across in their real lives. They played their parts well of showing the negative Fan Dumb that exists in EVERY Fandom, not just MLP.  Second, this episode does give me an opportunity to want to add a little more positivity at the end. Maybe in addition to the two fillies at the end, I as Will Guide could show and tell the Mane 6 how their Friendship Journal and the "episodes" they've been through has made me a lot more positive than negative. Such as the aforementioned episode with Fluttershy's brother. And third, that song about not being flawless was most excellent.

Flutter Brutter has a really good song in it too. Its one of my favorites to sing for fun!

Magical Mystery Cure is such an incredible 22 minutes of entertainment, I think it has few contenders in the history of television.

• Brohoof 1

Newbie Dash is one of my favorite RD episodes, aside from the cringy character impressions bit (which was kind of funny to hear Ashleigh Ball try to have Rainbow sound like Applejack without actually slipping into the Applejack voice).  She learns two important lessons; how to take some friendly ribbing, and if something is truly bothering you that much, you need to talk with them, because they probably don't realize it.  Pretending everything is fine when its not doesn't work.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 2:02 PM, MAIKUN said:

Yes it is....for me of course....They almost disbanded because of their Cutie Marks...that's what.

If you think it's overhated, that means you think it's hated too much, implying that you don't really hate it.

• Brohoof 1

Man, I'm glad i stay away from those review critics on youtube because i just been watching the show with people and reactions and i didn't even know these episodes were hated.

• 4 years later...

Absolutely anything from the first four seasons that people don't like. Owl's Well That Ends Well, Spike At Your Service, Baby Cakes. They get way too much flak. I still love them. There was no episode until Slice of Life that I didn't like. :kindness: