science Is Dehydrated Water Real or Fake?

ZethaPonderer

Is Dehydrated Water real or fake?  

32 users have voted

1. 1. Is Dehydrated Water real or fake?

• Real
    • Fake

I have seen and watched some dumb stuff in my life. People charming snakes and chimpanzees for entertainment, lying on bed nails, and Filthy Frank.

But this?

Dehydrated+Water.jpg

This might take the cake for being the most dumbest thing ever concocted by the human mind.

So my vote is fake since the term ‘Dehydrated Water’ is an oxymoron. The whole point of water is to hydrate yourself from the thirst. Why dehydrate that which is built for the sole purpose of hydration?

Is there anything more dumb than this? I’m curious to know. :P

• Brohoof 4

1 hour ago, ZethaPonderer said:

I have seen and watched some dumb stuff in my life. People charming snakes and chimpanzees for entertainment, lying on bed nails, and Filthy Frank.

But this?

So my vote is fake since the term ‘Dehydrated Water’ is an oxymoron. The whole point of water is to hydrate yourself from the thirst. Why dehydrate that which is built for the sole purpose of hydration?

Well, isn't dehydrated seawater table salt? :)

(I am assuming the tin is empty, btw)

• Brohoof 3

6 minutes ago, Jeric said:

This is some serious Ed, Edd, and Eddy shit going on up in here! 

Invest all my monies!!!! 

In that case, I also have a Brooklyn Bridge to sell you.

• Brohoof 2

Just now, PiratePony said:

I already own it, someone beat you to it and they also sold me the Verrazano in a buy one get one half-off deal. Brooklyn shall soon be mine! 

• Brohoof 2

I mean... it might make sense if it's a catchy silly name for nutritional/decontamination powdered additive?  But I find that unlikely without something about it printed on the front. 

• Brohoof 1

Bernard's Dehydrated Water is just a joke. They've sold a bunch of dried foods in the past, but in the 60s they decided to make a gag product to sell to others. The vintage cans of "dehydrated water" are actually worth a fair bit now. 

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, PiratePony said:

Oh, now I understand what Bugs Bunny was doing to the old man in the short cartoon "Bowery Bugs". Thanks, Pirate Pony.

• Brohoof 1

Welp. Looks like ‘Dehydrated Water’ shall soon be a revolutionary scientific discovery according to this video I stumbled across,

The video is released at Jan 12, 2018 so its pretty recent.

Consider me skeptical throughout all this because this video has some fishy business going with it.

The most obvious problem with this experiment is what’s with the red cup he’s using to dehydrate water? He says in the video the red cup will dehydrate water, but how exactly? What’s it made out of? Is the cup empty or is there something inside the cup that breaks down the water molecules?

So this video really raises the bar and addresses the question if its real or fake. I’ll still say its fake though until this becomes a scientific breakthrough. :P

• Brohoof 1