Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How would you feel if My Little Pony friendship is magic ended

NathanW200

How do you feel about My Little Pony friendship is magic ending after season 9  

44 users have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about this

• Excited
    • Happy
    • Okay
    • Sad
    • Devastated

Happy. The series should end while it is still good, instead of dragging on indefinitely and slowing wasting away. I honestly expected them to end it with the movie, but ending it at season 9 still seems reasonable. I just hope the final episode will be worth it.

With MLP might abruptly end soon, i will be sad to see them go. But I think it's for the best ever since season 6 give me hints that it will eventually degrade of quality someday. On the other hand, I love almost every episode in season 7 (only two that I despise). So having it end on a high note would make the whole thing worthwhile to see.

I will miss the mane 6 dearly (even Spike) and the characters that are part of G4. If G5 is as good as the leaks are being hacked (trying to avoid it like a plague if you don't mind), then I think the MLP franchise won't go downhill anytime soon.

• Brohoof 1

As sad as it'll be to see MLP:FiM end, I've been expecting it to end for a while now, and at this point I'm feeling pretty okay about it. It's my favorite show and has had a huge positive impact on my life, and I'm hoping it'll continue to well after the show airs its last episode. After all, it's not like the show ending means that no one can ever watch it again. There's the whole series, nine whole seasons, to re-watch. Books and comics to read and reread. Fan content to create and enjoy. Toys to collect (some people still collect G1 to this day, so why not G4?). I could go on, but I think I've made my point; ending doesn't necessarily have to mean goodbye. If a band breaks up, it's not like all the fans immediately throw away all their albums and never ever listen to them again. I myself have actually gotten into stuff (music, TV, etc) after they ended and still have fun with them.

Every show has to end someday, no matter how great it is. That doesn't mean we have to throw away all our merch and never watch the show again. I'm the type who wants to re-experience things I enjoy, I don't just watch each episode once and then never go back to it again. :P

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I don't see the reason why they need to switch generations in the first place I also don't know if all the villains in season 8/9 are going to all be reformed by the time the searies is over I don't know what Hasbro is planning but the leaks I read said they were ending at season 9 but I think Hasbro is making a big mistake

Edited by NathanW200
  • Brohoof 1

On January 22, 2018 at 10:30 PM, Ryanmahaffe said:

I feel like this topic is already overdone and I really hope the next two years isn't full of these. Learn to live in the moment and enjoy what you have.

Amen, dude. I really hope that we can stop talking about this, it's everywhere. We need to just enjoy the next two years of pony, and not waste time complaining about the eventual grand finale.

1 hour ago, Rainbow-Starlight said:

As sad as it'll be to see MLP:FiM end, I've been expecting it to end for a while now, and at this point I'm feeling pretty okay about it. It's my favorite show and has had a huge positive impact on my life, and I'm hoping it'll continue to well after the show airs its last episode. After all, it's not like the show ending means that no one can ever watch it again. There's the whole series, nine whole seasons, to re-watch. Books and comics to read and reread. Fan content to create and enjoy. Toys to collect (some people still collect G1 to this day, so why not G4?). I could go on, but I think I've made my point; ending doesn't necessarily have to mean goodbye. If a band breaks up, it's not like all the fans immediately throw away all their albums and never ever listen to them again. I myself have actually gotten into stuff (music, TV, etc) after they ended and still have fun with them.

Every show has to end someday, no matter how great it is. That doesn't mean we have to throw away all our merch and never watch the show again. I'm the type who wants to re-experience things I enjoy, I don't just watch each episode once and then never go back to it again. :P

ANOTHER Amen! Lots of like-minded ponies around here, I can relate to basically everything you said.

• Brohoof 1

I'm totally fine with the show ending soon, TBH.

I'd rather have MLP:FiM end while it's still "good" instead of dragging on like "The Simpsons".

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

It is what it is even though some won't accept it. Hasbro feels that the show has run its full course and can no longer provide them with the money they so covet so from a business standpoint, beginning a new generation would result in increased revenue on toy sales combined with exposure of a rebranded MLP. Sure, it sounds cruel when you think about it but again, this is what a big corporation likes to do in order to earn profit.

• Brohoof 1

I love the show so I'm a little sad, but the show is losing quality anyway. Plus, there's still Dashie.

On 1/24/2018 at 8:14 PM, NathanW200 said:

I'm not going to be very happy if the mane 6 don't find their special someponies by the time G4 is over including Pinkie Pie not getting together with Cheese Sandwich

Oh my god I hope that doesn't happen. It would anger so many people who make other ships, and the show is not about romance. I believe the only pieces of romance in the entire show is the relationship in Cadence and Shining Armor and Twilight's crush on Flash Sentry. There are subtle hints of crushes on other ponies, but I do NOT think the Mane Six should ever have a significant other. This show is about friendship.

On 25/1/2018 at 7:35 PM, gamecubeguy214 said:

I love the show so I'm a little sad, but the show is losing quality anyway. Plus, there's still Dashie.

Oh my god I hope that doesn't happen. It would anger so many people who make other ships, and the show is not about romance. I believe the only pieces of romance in the entire show is the relationship in Cadence and Shining Armor and Twilight's crush on Flash Sentry. There are subtle hints of crushes on other ponies, but I do NOT think the Mane Six should ever have a significant other. This show is about friendship.

the pieces of romance in the entire show is the relationship in Cadence and Shining Armor, Spike and Rarity and Bic Macintosh and Sugar Belle no with Flash Sentry all people would be very angry and they hate that character and they break their hearts if they lose her. We know this show is about friendship what you said by lauren faust. 

I'm crossing my fingers that, even if the TV show ends, the story of FiM can continue in comics and books.

I've got a whole rant on this subject about how much and how little ending FiM makes sense sitting on my hard disk; I should get it onto youtube soon...

Well, We know its ending and moving into gen 5. So the sad feelings are definitely there, also if it ended on a cliffhanger or something that wasn't complete then it would make things a lot harder to accept when gen 5 rolls around.  

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, UltimateGhost3 said:

Well, We know its ending and moving into gen 5. So the sad feelings are definitely there, also if it ended on a cliffhanger or something that wasn't complete then it would make things a lot harder to accept when gen 5 rolls around.  

You're right about that I think Hasbro could loose a lot of fans doing this their better off sticking to G4 but if they could start G5 but continue G4 along side it then that would be great for everyone because we would have both G4 and G5 at the same time so we would have double the pony to enjoy that could surely boost profits for Hasbro even more but with the Choices I hear there coming up with now are very stupid G4 was a success so why are they switching I would expect them to continue G4 till profits went down enough they couldn't continue the show before rebooting it again I think G4 is great I don't see and need for a reboot I think Hasbro's being a little selfish it seems they only seem to care about the money and not what fans think or enjoy I mean if I was the head manager of Hasbro Studios the Show it sure wouldn't be ending at season 9 and I would probably use a few fan Ideas as well If I knew they were good enough for the series and I would keep the show going till the profits went down enough the show couldn't continue which in this case could of been as long as the Simpsons in this case I mean If I rebooted the show I would still continue the current generation alongside the new series as long as I could I mean I don't know what or why Hasbro is rebooting the show

Well I hope G5 at least ends on a high note and if it doesn't they will continue it again in the future to make sure it does

21 hours ago, Pr0m4NV14 said:

I really wouldn’t care that much. I enjoy the community a lot more than watching the show.

I agree with you there, while I still do value the show, I find the community much more important.